patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer

Anyone have any first hand experience with the Rearz bottle? I have never taken abdl bottles seriously because they are usually terrible looking (see below, are you kidding me??). The rearz bottle looks pretty legit, but the amazon reviews are mostly about the glass or complaints about the physics of suction, not about the size or comfort of the nipple. Anyone know how well it is scaled up, or the quality of the silicon?
Image result for abdl bottle

I don't have any experience with them, but just looking at them, I don't like the nipple. It looks exactly like the kind of bottle you would use to feed a baby animal, like they use on farms. I ordered some glass baby bottles from Avent. They are real baby bottles and enjoy them for that reason. You can find them on Amazon. If you buy one, get the largest ones since we're all large too compared to a baby.

Reactions: sbmccue
dogboy said:
I don't have any experience with them, but just looking at them, I don't like the nipple. It looks exactly like the kind of bottle you would use to feed a baby animal, like they use on farms. I ordered some glass baby bottles from Avent. They are real baby bottles and enjoy them for that reason. You can find them on Amazon. If you buy one, get the largest ones since we're all large too compared to a baby.
That's the same vibe I get from them as well. I used to get NUK type adult nipples but they got too thin and would collapse unless the flow was really high. At this point, I'm inclined to stick with the one I got from Pacfiers R Us.

Just ordered one of the bottles from the rearz website they claim it is the first one specifically made for adult babies.

Attachments

• C40C559E-29E8-4499-9140-954CDEEBBFCD.jpeg
    C40C559E-29E8-4499-9140-954CDEEBBFCD.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
Supposedly, the logic behind the long ones is, the adult suckle zone Is a lot further back in the mouth. Suckling is different from sucking, too, in that, suckling requires suction, and compression against the roof of the mouth. At least I think that's why they give us what look like lamb bottles. :ROFLMAO: They say they're modeled after a woman's nipple. I have 2 of my own female nipples, and I don't see it. Maybe it's true, and it's only so long, because our suckle zones are so far back, but I think they look kinda silly. I am a bit curious, but I'd rather have a wide neck version, so it would fit on something bigger. I bet the silicone is nice, though.

I'm really curious about the bottle part. 15 oz. is surprising, but the nipple looks biolittle sized, and I don't really find safari characters that cute. Oh, bother!

Last edited:
The issue I have with these kinds of nipples is that they don't have any kind of ventilation system, so you would keep having to stop sucking to let air back into the bottle. It gets very frustrating very quickly. Also, on the one that I have, the hole is still too small - honestly, I would recommend mam bottles with the largest size nipple, they hold a decent amount, are comfortable to suck and have cute designs to boot.

As for the rearz ones: I haven't tried one of them, but I have had baby bottles with a similarly shaped nipple, and they work really well, so it's probably worth a shot.

I look forward to trying it when it’s delivered.🍼👶🏻🤱🏻

Mummystrictssissybaby said:
Just ordered one of the bottles from the rearz website they claim it is the first one specifically made for adult babies.

I bought one of those and threw it out after the first time I used it. The nipple material was thin and kept collapsing every time I used it. I don't want to be the barer of bad news but I don't think you'll be happy with it.

I haven't tried the Rearz bottle, so I can't report the same reaction as Dogboy, but I'd certainly trust his perspective.

As much as I love Rearz products, it's just hard for me to get my head around nursing from something the size of a Coke can. I'm just too accustomed to 'real' baby bottles.

sbmccue said:
I haven't tried the Rearz bottle, so I can't report the same reaction as Dogboy, but I'd certainly trust his perspective.

As much as I love Rearz products, it's just hard for me to get my head around nursing from something the size of a Coke can. I'm just too accustomed to 'real' baby bottles.
I'm the opposite. Bigger scale, and a proportional design, help me feel physically smaller. If I drank out of a baby bottle, my hands would feel giant, and then I'd become aware of how big I am, and be yanked out of headspace. Isn't each person's interpretation of the same experience intriguing?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I'm the opposite. Bigger scale, and a proportional design, help me feel physically smaller. If I drank out of a baby bottle, my hands would feel giant, and then I'd become aware of how big I am, and be yanked out of headspace. Isn't each person's interpretation of the same experience intriguing?

I'm usually the same ... bigger is better. My highchair, for example, is huge! But the only time I get to drink from a bottle is when I'm being fed, and I fear my babysitter would find it difficult to manage such a big bottle and me at the same time.

Mummystrictssissybaby said:
I have this one as well. The nipple is vented and works great for me. I did have to take a toothpick and separate the slit in the vent hole because the factory slit did not properly open the hole to work properly.

The glass is a special durable glass that is a bit tougher to break and can withstand being used in a bottle warmer even if the warmer says “not for glass bottles”

The 15 oz is nice however I usually only use 8-10oz when preparing formula. 1 bottle per day of that at bedtime, so as not to take in too much iron. I’ve also used it for juice. The flow is perfect and is fast flowing.

All in all I like it. The whole idea behind the other ones that have the long nipple is that was the only nipple at the time that was big enough for adults. Even though it’s for animals.

Last edited:
daddyb said:
I have this one as well. The nipple is vented and works great for me. I did have to take a toothpick and separate the slit in the vent hole because the factory slit did not properly open the hole to work properly.

The glass is a special durable glass that is a bit tougher to break and can withstand being used in a bottle warmer even if the warmer says “not for glass bottles”

The 15 oz is nice however I usually only use 8-10oz when preparing formula. 1 bottle per day of that at bedtime, so as not to take in too much iron. I’ve also used it for juice. The flow is perfect and is fast flowing.

All in all I like it. The whole idea behind the other ones that have the long nipple is that was the only nipple at the time that was big enough for adults. Even though it’s for animals.
See? I thought so, too, but I didn't just come up with what I said. I read it on a site that sells those long ones. Don't get me wrong.

My brain goes, "animal nipple," but I have trouble reconciling what I read.

I have one of the Rearz bottles. I don't normally break into much AB stuff outside of the occasional pacifier as I'm entirely just a DL, but I just had surgery to repair a torn ACL/meniscus and my wife bought me the bottle thinking it would be easier for me to drink on the couch while laying down. As such, I've gotten a lot of use out of it, and I haven't had any problems. I think the bottle goes up to 16oz on it's own but it can definitely fit a little more in there.

Yes, the nipple has collapsed on me once or twice, but it's not a problem I've experienced a lot. Usually it's a simple fix, just taking the nipple off and making sure it's in properly. I'd like to try and find a replacement nipple with someone slightly more sturdy, but honestly, the flow is good and I haven't had many issues with it despite a lot of us.

I would recommend the bottle. If they make a princess one, I would actually like to get that as I love those diapers. But overall, there haven't been enough shortcomings for me to say don't buy it. I guess it just depends how rough you are with it.

The nipple is comparable to a Nuk bottle IMO.
The actual bottle is a bit bigger than a standard bottle and that is nice but safari is not my favorite print.

sbmccue said:

With regards to the Rearz bottle with the nipple sinking, it’s because the air release hole was too tiny. If you poke, say, a skewer through it, just to open the hole a bit more, it won’t collapse nearly as bad as before.

That’s what I did, and now light sucking makes the bottle empty smoothly. And the nipple will not collapse.

So what is the size of the actual nipple? Is it a baby nipple, or actually sized to fit adult mouths?

I find the AB sized tit is to big but a 1 year old + to be ok just make the opening a bit bigger.

I also used a sippy cup for hot drinks. It's just easier to drink from.

I just ordered the red one. I've been wishing they'd come out with an adult-scaled baby bottle nipple forever, and judging by the Amazon reviews, I have high hopes for this one. I've read many reports of it collapsing, but widening the vent hole should fix that problem. I'll update when it arrives.

Where am I supposed to poke a hole?

What nipples can I buy at Wal-Mart/Target to replace the one they sent me?

Back