Razor Burn Down There

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So as the title states, I did some manscaping 2 days ago. The electric razor I was using was uncomfortable so I tried some shaving cream and regular razor on area above my parts. Worked great! But today I have all these red bumps and its painful!!
What should I put on it to help it heal quickly? I covered the area in calmoseptine cream to hopefully have a urine barrier.
Still red and driving me crazy today.

Thanks!

Reactions: newAB43 and Diprs2
I've never had this issue. Have you tried shaving in the shower? I always wash first, make sure my skin is good and wet, then apply Barbasol thick foam and use a 5 blade razor. I NEVER have any issues so long as I don't accidentally wind up pulling the razor across on my scrotum.....with your scrotum you are really best off stretching it out as best as you can with one hand, and then while the skin is all smooth, shaving it that way. If not, nicks are not uncommon on the wrinkled up skin! I do the same with my head and again, never and razor burn. Perhaps you were pushing too hard, trying to get too close a shave? Let the razor and shave cream do their jobs. Worst that can happen is you have to go over a spot or two again.

CptKirk

By the way, LOVE your profile pic! I'm a competitive bass fisherman but these days restricted to small local 4 hour tourneys as my body can NOT handle "big water" anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Deleted member 73722, iatec779 and 2 others
iatec779 said:
So as the title states, I did some manscaping 2 days ago. The electric razor I was using was uncomfortable so I tried some shaving cream and regular razor on area above my parts. Worked great! But today I have all these red bumps and its painful!!
What should I put on it to help it heal quickly? I covered the area in calmoseptine cream to hopefully have a urine barrier.

Thanks!
I usually just use Cortisone on ingrown hairs and razor burned areas. Also lotioning it immediately after shaving helps!

Sometimes (if it's an ingrown hair) I have to realign the hair by squeezing it like a black head / pimplie

Another thing - I'd recommend only shaving *with* the grain (so top to bottom instead of bottom to top) to completely avoid ingrown hairs. I only shave against the grain for pictures or when I'm visiting someone

Last edited:
CptKirk said:
I've never had this issue. Have you tried shaving in the shower? I always wash first, make sure my skin is good and wet, then apply Barbasol thick foam and use a 5 blade razor. I NEVER have any issues so long as I don't accidentally wind up pulling the razor across on my scrotum.....with your scrotum you are really best off stretching it out as best as you can with one hand, and then while the skin is all smooth, shaving it that way. If not, nicks are not uncommon on the wrinkled up skin! I do the same with my head and again, never and razor burn. Perhaps you were pushing too hard, trying to get too close a shave? Let the razor and shave cream do their jobs. Worst that can happen is you have to go over a spot or two again.
I did it right out of the shower and had a bunch of foamy cream. Guessing my skin just not used to it or maybe I went over it too many times.

I never got into Bass much for some reason but catfish are plentiful in the local river and a nearby lake is popular for crappie which I have a lot of fun chasing around with Livescope these days.

Reactions: newAB43, CptKirk and Diprs2
Moist heat will help to a degree. Since I became IC and when they first came out my better half started using IPL and now I have no body hair. Since I'm 24/7 365 it's more sanitary and easer to clean me. Wasn't sure I'd like it he'll didn't even recognize myself anymore. But now that she's passed I've got to say yes it was worth it because it's easer to clean myself as well as putting on a rash cream. But remember it's semi permanent till you've done it for a while. Now one could defently say bolder than a babies bottom

• Love
babysissyrichie said:
Moist heat will help to a degree. Since I became IC and when they first came out my better half started using IPL and now I have no body hair. Since I'm 24/7 365 it's more sanitary and easer to clean me. Wasn't sure I'd like it he'll didn't even recognize myself anymore. But now that she's passed I've got to say yes it was worth it because it's easer to clean myself as well as putting on a rash cream. But remember it's semi permanent till you've done it for a while. Now one could defently say bolder than a babies bottom
What’s IPL?
I get by with a pull-up and or pad during the day and a diaper at night so I’m kinda 24/7 I guess.
I shaved more than normal this time to keep odor down and cleanup easier. See how it went but so far it’s painful lol

Actually, Desitin is a recommended remedy for razor burn. I’ve tried it and it works!

• Love
Reactions: newAB43
iatec779 said:
I did it right out of the shower and had a bunch of foamy cream. Guessing my skin just not used to it or maybe I went over it too many times.

I never got into Bass much for some reason but catfish are plentiful in the local river and a nearby lake is popular for crappie which I have a lot of fun chasing around with Livescope these days.
I WISH I COULD AFFORD a trolling motor and livescope.I have a real problem with that in tournaments.....they are going to have to have electronics classes and non electronics classes as there's no way in hell I could afford 10-15k to outfit my boat to the degree many of the other boats are today.

Reactions: Diprs2
Have you tried Nair creme for sensitive skin, i find it so much better and easier than a razor, lather it on, wait 10 minuets and scrub it off in the shower, super smooth and lasts much longer thsn shaving and what grows back seems lighter. I do my whole front, neck down to just above my knees.

Reactions: Diprs2 and newAB43
iatec779 said:

Thanks!
I would love to know as well. I hate having hair down there but every time I've tried to shave this happens and it's so uncomfortable for days and makes me never want to shave again.
I've tried razors, nair and electric razors. Doing it in the shower and out of it with and without shaving cream. Doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't have this problem shaving any other part of my body 🤷🏻

Reactions: Diprs2, newAB43 and iatec779
ShyJamie said:
Have you tried Nair creme for sensitive skin, i find it so much better and easier than a razor, lather it on, wait 10 minuets and scrub it off in the shower, super smooth and lasts much longer thsn shaving and what grows back seems lighter. I do my whole front, neck down to just above my knees.
I have not, I thought about it and some people said it’s burned etc. so chickened out lol.

CptKirk said:
I WISH I COULD AFFORD a trolling motor and livescope.I have a real problem with that in tournaments.....they are going to have to have electronics classes and non electronics classes as there's no way in hell I could afford 10-15k to outfit my boat to the degree many of the other boats are today.
Yea some are pretty fancy. It don’t make fish bite but, you defiantly know exactly if they are there or not and put your bait right in front of them.
It’s fun and catches fish for sure but I usually switch on an off with a buddy as staring at a screen to fish for hours kinda takes some of the “fishing” part out of it.

iatec779 said:
I have not, I thought about it and some people said it’s burned etc. so chickened out lol.
I have left it on my genitals for 15 minutes with no problems, be sure to get the for sensitive skin and try a small test spot

Reactions: Diprs2, newAB43 and iatec779
Shaving can be a pain. I've been using this when I was in high school. I've found that it's easier to simply trim my privates. No shaving needed. I just trim as close as it gets. The whole point of shaving is to clean yourself, whether it's from urine or stool. I've found that I can get really clean without close shave. I usually trim every third or fourth day. No burn. Try it.

• Love
Reactions: Lilrae, Diprs2, EcoIncon and 2 others
I have been shaving "down there" for years and what works for me is a bar of soap and a razor in the shower. Use a new blade, lather up really well with soap (I usually use Zest) and be careful around your junk. The few times I've tried shaving cream, I did get razor burn. I try not to wait too long to rinse the soap off after shaving, as it can get a bit burn-y of left on too long. I also use soap to shave my chest, upper arms, etc. and it works very well.

Reactions: Diprs2 and newAB43
iatec779 said:

Thanks!
I'm A female I've shaved my female parts and got razor burn I've used cortisone cream and A and D Oitment worked pretty well for me good luck what you try.

Reactions: Diprs2 and iatec779
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Shaving can be a pain. I've been using this when I was in high school. I've found that it's easier to simply trim my privates. No shaving needed. I just trim as close as it gets. The whole point of shaving is to clean yourself, whether it's from urine or stool. I've found that I can get really clean without close shave. I usually trim every third or fourth day. No burn. Try it.
+1 vote for this approach. I shaved at least weekly for about a year and never got over the 2nd day itch/pain. When I started just trimming down to 1 cm or so, I got all the benefits (easy clean-up, no lingering smell) without the pain.

Reactions: CrossfireHurricane, Diprs2 and iatec779
EcoIncon said:
+1 vote for this approach. I shaved at least weekly for about a year and never got over the 2nd day itch/pain. When I started just trimming down to 1 cm or so, I got all the benefits (easy clean-up, no lingering smell) without the pain.
Yea I’m going to get a better trimmer and do this next time lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
I cut mine with a pair of medical scissors. Obviously it's not as close as shaving but I don't have to deal with razor burn and it helps with hygiene.

Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
I'm surprised at just how common an issue razor burn seems to be amongst us! I sincerely get as close a shave as is possible without shaving the top layer of skin off yet I never have razor burn. I mentioned this before but one thing I learned involves shaving any part of your body with loose skin or worse, loose, wrinkled skin! I stretch it out taught by grasping a section with my left hand while giving the quick few swipes with my right. Whenever I've been lazy and simply tried to get the few hairs without pulling my skin taught, I've bled, and paid for it.

For what it's worth, I use one of those Gillette "FUSION" battery powered razors with the 5 blade cartridge that also has a single straight razor on the back. I learned how superior these are compared to standard razors when shaving my head as it's superior insofar as closeness and speed. The fact that it vibrates indeed does seem to make a difference as well, especially in "sensitive" areas. I use standard issue Barbasol shave cream though I shake the can vigorously for 5-10 seconds as this makes the foam much thicker and a little goes a long way. I shave, or I should say I "touch-up" down there at least every 3rd day at the extreme maximum. I have to shave my head every other day at the maximum though with how busy I have been this summer (despite how limited I have been due to my horrific back!) I've needed to shower just about every single day, sometimes twice, and it's a rarity for me to not shave my head as it's so much faster and easier IF I shave before hair begins to become long enough that you can "feel" it when your run your palms across your scalp. I usually "touch-up" downstairs at the same time as i have the shave cream and razor already in use, so why not?

I don't know if my skin is more resilient than others, if the razor and shave cream I use makes that much of a difference (Barbasol green can...menthol-ish? Honestly can't recall and my shower is upstairs so....) but unless I'm rushing or just plain not paying attention, I have no issues. The worst I deal with is the occasional cut and bleeding. The bad is that it hurts and is a bad are to have ANY wounds. There is some good though, as it really makes you regain your focus when shaving for at least as long as it takes any cut to heal LOL.

I have also never dealt with severe diaper rash despite wearing for 20 years now, including being asleep for over 20 hours in the same diaper & booster pad. I'll occasionally get an itch, but it seems as soon as I either am cleaned up well OR I am able to shower, the itch is gone and my skin is pretty much unharmed. WHEN I know there's a good chance of me being asleep for far in excess of the 10-12 hour range I always apply a fair amount of the Triple Paste, which is the thickest rash preventative/rash cream I have found, and it must be doing something right!

I do know that if you repeatedly try to shave the same patch of skin more than once or twice, that's when you're likely to experience razor burn! I learned that with my head. I'll get a bug up my ass and insist I can feel hair on the upper part of the back of my scalp...not an area easily seen while showering and I was repeatedly trying to shave it so that I couldn't "feel" any hair. Yeah! RAZOR BURN, more than slightly aggravating a couple of times until Learned that if a couple of good passes didn't remove it, it's likely not there OR will live until the next night when I shave my head again. I also know that touching up every day or every other day RADICALLY reduces all chances of razor burn as you're able to shave so quickly due to next to no hair being in existence and I've never experienced razor burn down there except when I let it grow for whatever reason and then had to "get the weed-wacker out" LOL. When there is a lot of long hairs, you truly are better off trimming it really low one day and then shaving it clean the next. Shaving full grown pubic hair is an exercise in futility! Your razor is CONSTANTLY clogged, the shower drain does an amazing job collecting everything no one wants to clean up and the hair turns your drain into a pretty functional dam and it takes an hour to finish the job....not to mention that there is no way you're NOT going to be "punished" for the stupidity of doing what you ought to learn from the 1st time you ever tried this 25 years ago!

I have no idea if what works for me will work for anyone else. I have zero issues, so long as I don't break any of my "rules" which of course I do as I wind up in a hurry. Is what it is I suppose!

CptKirk

Reactions: iatec779, Diprs2 and EcoIncon
Back