Quiet "Little" play on my bedroom floor...

Straycatz said:
I like to play with my old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars as well. Still have most of them from about 50 years ago. They are actually worth a little bit of money now as collectibles, but still worth more to me as play value. I miss my old tin gas station, however.

My little brother had the portable fold-up Matchbox City, but it got thrown out decades ago.

I like the toy earth moving machines. If I had a child to play with in the yard, I would get all the Tonka(?) toys and we would have a blast.

I had a lot of Tonka trucks when I was a little kid. I'd get them at Christmas and I loved them. They got played with to death.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
lilshelly said:
See I was going to go back to my old standby and get Legos. I used to have a big trunk of them when I was a kid. The thing now is that they are so expensive for what little you get now. I was never into barbie so that is kinda out of the question. I don't know maybe I will look around and see what I can find as far as matchbox cities. I had a box that would fold out into two different levels and had places for your to park your cars and you could just let your imagination run. I really do miss those days.
As for the adult coloring books yeah those are marketed right James got me one thinking that it would be good for me but it is not really what the little me wanted. I don't know that they make the activity coloring books like they used to. Maybe it is just me because we had classic cartoon characters and such that we could color and I can't really relate to the new cartoons.
I have a couple of adult coloring books like the disney princess one and a couple adult dot to dot and they are ok but I also very much prefer the actual little kid ones. When it comes to those I have a bunch of new ones based on old characters like Mickey, Minnie, the jetsons and the flintstones and for other old cartoons I go to e-bay, they have tons of new old stock 60s - 90s coloring books depending on your pleasure. Expect to pay about twice what it was originally worth, I usually pay about 6 - 8 dollars each but it's hours of fun coloring so I think it's worth every penny!
They also have sticker books, trace and colors and paint with waters if you remember all of those. All of my coloring books take up about a full shelf in one of my book cases so that should tell you my experience on the subject lol.

Reactions: lilshelly
LittleAndrea said:
I have a couple of adult coloring books like the disney princess one and a couple adult dot to dot and they are ok but I also very much prefer the actual little kid ones. When it comes to those I have a bunch of new ones based on old characters like Mickey, Minnie, the jetsons and the flintstones and for other old cartoons I go to e-bay, they have tons of new old stock 60s - 90s coloring books depending on your pleasure. Expect to pay about twice what it was originally worth, I usually pay about 6 - 8 dollars each but it's hours of fun coloring so I think it's worth every penny!
They also have sticker books, trace and colors and paint with waters if you remember all of those. All of my coloring books take up about a full shelf in one of my book cases so that should tell you my experience on the subject lol.

Sometimes I still draw with crayons.
Yes.
The big ones made for young children.

Reactions: LittleAndrea
LittleAndrea said:

Good to know this as that is my childhood .
One thing that my mom used to do with the younger kids when she worked for the daycare is shaving cream. You spray a little in front of you on a smooth surface such as a table and just spread it out and draw in it. Made for a bit of fun and was easy to clean up.

Reactions: LittleAndrea
I feel good whenever I am down on the floor and crawling on all-fours like a baby.

lilshelly said:
Good to know this as that is my childhood .
One thing that my mom used to do with the younger kids when she worked for the daycare is shaving cream. You spray a little in front of you on a smooth surface such as a table and just spread it out and draw in it. Made for a bit of fun and was easy to clean up.

My sister's kids and now their kids just love to play with shaving cream.

Reactions: lilshelly
This evening I have been quietly playing with LEGO Bricks.
I assembled my latest 3 small $5.00 LEGO Building Sets.

At an earlier quiet playtime I assembled this with LEGO:LEGO_1.jpg

Reactions: LittleAndrea, Seasonedcitizen and Moonshot
One of the reasons I like games like Minecraft or Kerbal Space Program-they are kinda like virtual Legos.

I have taken the time lately to build some of my smaller Lego sets before bed. I then spent a little bit of time playing with what I built. The Technic sets often have steering or other parts that can be operated which I like. I have to agree with caitianx that a person needs to let their little side out more. I don't think I let mine out enough for play.

Back