Questions about wearing diapers 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastdoor

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone!

For those who wear diapers 24/24, how do you deal with high heat to support the diaper?

When you have a date that can end up in bed, do you wear normal underwear or a diaper?

When you sleep at someone's house, do you put on a diaper to sleep? And how do you hide it?

The question will look like the previous one but it is different:
When you sleep WITH someone, do you put on a diaper to sleep?

If you do an activity (sport, yoga theatre etc...) do you put a diaper on? If you how do you hide it?

When you have important appointments (medical or professional) do you put on a diaper?

Finally, a question that is different from all the others: What kind of pants do you wear so you don't get embarrassed?

Thank you in advance for your answers. :)

If you’re wearing 24/7 for real, that’s what it is. A diaper on unless you’re showering or changing. People WILL find out. Those who need to wear diapers have to keep supplies on hand at all times. Obviously, any significant other will know. And your doctor, too. Other than that, no. And people don’t care. That’s what I have found.

Reactions: Tommypickles, diaperfooties, Jonnythepony and 3 others
It's exactly like jojokelly said - it is what it is. Only the degree of UIC differs. I'm lucky and have at last some control so that I can use pads over the daytime if a toilet is in reach. This is a little bit more comfortable in the heat but for the mentioned cases it matters little.

Just a little clarification: I have to keep my diapers clean because I may have eczema flare-ups

To keep cooler, I wear cloth diapers, they breathe better than disposables. If I am away I wear commercial incontinence underwear. I still need to find an appropriate diaper to wear to the gym.

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111 and Blastdoor
Blastdoor said:
Finally, a question that is different from all the others: What kind of pants do you wear so you don't get embarrassed?

Thank you in advance for your answers. :)

I wear the Tena Active Slips and a pair of boxers under chinos and I've never had anyone mention it. I guess it compresses it a bit so it's less noticeable.

Reactions: Blastdoor
Blastdoor said:
how do you deal with high heat to support the diaper?
I just suffer and sweat 😂

Blastdoor said:
When you have a date that can end up in bed, do you wear normal underwear or a diaper?
I’m fully incontinent and have no control over anything down there so wearing normal underwear I would end up peeing myself during dinner.
My incontinence is something I tend to inform people immediately about, then I see how it goes.

Blastdoor said:
When you sleep at someone's house, do you put on a diaper to sleep? And how do you hide it?
Like I already said in the previous answer, I have no other choice but wearing a diaper and I always inform people about my condition.
All of my friends know since years tho, that’s a big problem less and I don’t feel too ashamed around them wearing my diapers.

Blastdoor said:
When you sleep WITH someone, do you put on a diaper to sleep?
Again, yes.

Blastdoor said:
If you do an activity (sport, yoga theatre etc...) do you put a diaper on? If you how do you hide it?
Again, yes. Hiding is in my opinion the most difficult part. Usually, especially when doing sports with tight clothing, I tend to wear a longer short that covers a part of or my entire butt.

Blastdoor said:
When you have important appointments (medical or professional) do you put on a diaper?
With my condition it would be a bigger problem without, ALWAYS. 😂

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Carnifex, pokemonjesuzzz111111 and 1 other person
With heat I wear of course I just drown my privates with a lot of powder and i change often because of sweating to try to avoid rash.

If I’m going to bed with someone at some point I would have told them I have to wear so they should expect to know but I would take the diaper off for well you know 😏.

If I sleep over a friends house again they’d already know. I’m not hiding the fact I have to wear

Just sleeping in the same bed with someone I must wear again if they don’t want to be wet too lol.

I really don’t do activities much except go to the gym or ride my bike but I have thin ones I wear not really a big deal.

My doctors know so I wear there it’s in my medical record. In professional appointments I wear thicker ones actually because I can’t usually leave meetings or change as frequently.

I like to wear bigger pants to conceal things a bit more. Dark pants are usually better also for leaks. If it’s a casual setting a big untucked shirt or sweatshirt hides my butt completely. I still have that irrational fear someone is staring at my butt but I know nobody can tell.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Sophy
Summer means more frequent changes, even if not wet. Also, drying out times are more frequent as is the use of cloth diapers.

Depends real fit works well for daytime, looks just like underwear. Duo to daytime and nighttime incidents that are sudden and new I wear them 24/7 for a few weeks now. It takes a minute to mentally get over it but it does the job.

I'm one Of those who wear 24/7, my overactive bladder evolved into urge incontinence. If I didn't wear adequate protection, clothes and furniture would suffer. When I do go to the gym, I wear a level of protection which will only last for the duration of the session. I don't want to run around with an obvious diaperbutt or being outed. Same goes for work, my diaper is thick enough to get me through a whole working day. At home I'm becoming more lazy, and wear thicker diapers, that way I don't have to change too frequent.

During summer time, when it's hot. I wear clothbacked diapers as much as I can. Clothbacked diapers does help keep the heat down, but the trade-off is the smell of wet diaper becoming more obvious.

I’m in the same boat, VA said severe OAB and another one said UUI, I wear depends real fit 24/7. It’s discreet during the day at work and somewhat does the job at night. Only one time where it leaked to the mattress.

I opted to go 24/7 over 20 years ago. My family and close friends know about my IC but I am still discreet. Over the years I have used virtually every product and keep a variety to wear based on situations.

For example, at the gym I use Goodnights which are just enough protection to get me through my workout without worrying about “diaperbutt”. After showering it’s back into a regular diaper. When traveling I opt for longer wear diapers like the Northshore Megamax, which will often get me more than the 12-hours of protection they advertise.

Bedtime, wherever I am, includes terry-lined rubber pants. In all the years I have used them I can count on one hand the number of times I have leaked that they haven’t contained it.

For those intimate times, my wife has been with me through the whole process. Diapers are just my underwear and don’t present and issue. If I were younger and still dating I could see how it could be embarrassing. I guess I would just be open about it, rather than wetting my pants.

After awhile wearing 24/7 just becomes routine and you don’t really think about it very much.

This is medical. In my opinion it’s embarrassing yes, but if close friends insult you than screw it. I haven’t told but a couple friends, and I know if everyone knew I’d get ribbed on a little, but I’d joke right back on them. Not like I’m choosing this. That’s a different story where you should allow the jokes, like wearing a Sox jersey in yankee stadium, get ready for it.

Pull ups are good for hot weather still not as breathable as underwear but what can you do. I have worn for stretches of time 247 but I am not incontinent so its by choice.

Would I or have been padded on a date I have not and not sure I would but you never know.

I don't mind doing everything in diapers as far as working out or really anything.

Yes I have slept in diapers at others houses many times. I just try to be descreet and never had any problems with it.

diaperfooties said:
Pull ups are good for hot weather still not as breathable as underwear but what can you do.
At this point I don’t know if it’s just me or if I have some other problem apparently but am I the only one that thinks it’s hotter and less breathable in pull-ups than in normal tape diapers?
I gotta admit that the only ones I recently tried were Goodnites but they were soaked before I even peed in them because of how sweating I was! Plus the outside layer started ripping all off.

Sophy said:
At this point I don’t know if it’s just me or if I have some other problem apparently but am I the only one that thinks it’s hotter and less breathable in pull-ups than in normal tape diapers?
I gotta admit that the only ones I recently tried were Goodnites but they were soaked before I even peed in them because of how sweating I was! Plus the outside layer started ripping all off.
Use Northshore pull ups but yes they are still really hot but trust me plastic diapers are much worse.

diaperfooties said:
Use Northshore pull ups but yes they are still really hot but trust me plastic diapers are much worse.
I don’t like Northshore and I can’t wear Pull-Ups because of the severity of my incontinence but I sometimes try them at home to see how it goes (not good).
And honestly? I wear the Tena Slip Maxi and they’re incredibly breathable. They’re flawless.

Reactions: ltaluv and pokemonjesuzzz111111
How do you get north shore products in Europe. Ordering from the US implies a huge increase in cost due to shipping rates.

NotTheAverageMan said:
How do you get north shore products in Europe. Ordering from the US implies a huge increase in cost due to shipping rates.

And import duties, tax and brokerage charges. It's not worth it for disposables which you'll have to re-order in a few weeks' time. I just bought a load of prefolds from the US and Canada and the shipping and additional costs more than doubled the cost of the diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back