Question mark over plastic M4/L4

HumanFly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So, I know I posted something about this a few months ago, but it now seems that there is doubt over the future of the plastic-backed Abena M4/L4. I have been using the Drylife branded ones (that's how they are sold in the UK) at night for years, but they have been out of stock for weeks. I dropped the company a line today and the reply was:

Unfortunately, we do not have confirmation that we will be receiving this product in the future and are awaiting information from the manufacturer.

I replied asking if she meant the product being manufactured at all or just being supplied to them with Drylife branding. Haven't heard back yet. There's no longer any mention of the plastic backed briefs on their European or American websites.

That’s a real shame, one of the first adult disposables I started wearing.
I’ll miss the M4

I doubt they'd stop making it. Them selling it in the UK at all was by a major technicality.

Almost 10 years ago now, they wanted to kill it off for sure. Somehow I managed to a response from like a product development something or other guy who didn't even know english well. However, one thing he seemed to go out of his way to say was, the plastic backed M4/L4 made up the lion's share of their US market.

Anyway, with boomers getting old fast, I highly doubt diaper use has been declining since then. Also, seems like almost every medical supply store carries them, so they obviously sell well, despite what some people think of them vs 12 years ago. Abena is probably a very stupid company and might... Although, since they are selling the M4/L4 in plastic at all right now, they were clever enough to find a loophole to let them.

There's more to the story if anyone's curious, but I kind of messed up my hand, and I don't feel like typing it for nothing :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony
Back