Question for parents who are ABDL?

MrsZaronab

Princess Mommy Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Carer
With the Holidays coming up I have a question for parents who are ABDL's?

My husband has 2 wonderful sweet daughters and he has no interest in them. When he is with them he is an loving adoring kind father. He rarely calls, text, returns their calls and text or visits them. I send them birthday and Christmas presents in his name. He pays alimony and child support and he says that’s enough.

Their mother asked if they could come for Thanksgiving. We Skyped and they seemed really excited. After we were done the first thing he did was ask how could we get out of it? And went into Lil'space. If we have the kids for a weekend then he'll want to have an ABDL weekend the next weekend. Is this common for ABDL parents to behave this away?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: LilxFawn
How messy was the divorce ?

I have a feeling there is a lot he's not telling you ...

Wow...to put off one's own kids is a heartbreaking thing. How can people just be like that?

Reactions: 68Bonnie and akm44
Well i dont know h ow.common the reaction is. As ive not been there, but coming from a home w father who didnt even have a wife as kind as you are to send stuff in his name, i think aby or not he needs to find away to make sure he puts his girls in a place of importance, over his own wants and needs or one day like me,, they may just stop trying to connect and he may end up regretting it.... i wish you both the best, and hope you can help him get past whatever is driving this wedge between him and his girls. 😀

Reactions: MrsZaronab and BobbiSueEllen
MrsZaronab said:
With the Holidays coming up I have a question for parents who are ABDL's?

My husband has 2 wonderful sweet daughters and he has no interest in them. When he is with them he is an loving adoring kind father. He rarely calls, text, returns their calls and text or visits them. I send them birthday and Christmas presents in his name. He pays alimony and child support and he says that’s enough.

Their mother asked if they could come for Thanksgiving. We Skyped and they seemed really excited. After we were done the first thing he did was ask how could we get out of it? And went into Lil'space. If we have the kids for a weekend then he'll want to have an ABDL weekend the next weekend. Is this common for ABDL parents to behave this away?
Bruh i Think your missing information from the divorce

Cookiestealer said:
Bruh i Think your missing information from the divorce
Perhaps, but it's no reason to shut out the kids. They don't ask to be involved, but like it or not, they are.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Perhaps, but it's no reason to shut out the kids. They don't ask to be involved, but like it or not, they are.
Uhhhh desu i got that. Neglecting ya kiddos is not the smartest move

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I believe this transcends anything ABDL related. I can't speak for everyone - but most would argue it's not healthy to use anything to detach from reality to this extent. Yes, we blow off steam and can "escape" episodically - but blowing off your kids, wanting to not deal with it, and then regressing the entirety of the following weekend doesn't seem helpful or healthy for anyone involved.

Clearly there are some emotional issues stemming from the divorce that are unresolved - and he's not dealing with them in a healthy way. Professional help may be required in this case.

Reactions: BigKid25, MaxxH, MrsZaronab and 1 other person
I should also mention I'm an AB, married, and father of 3 daughters FWIW.

AB, divorced (I filed...for very necessary reasons), one of each, now grown-up.

My husband is one of kindest good natured people you'll ever meet. Always has joke or something kind to say to anyone. He'll give anyone the shirt off his back if you ask. Coworkers tell me that he is the one the best bosses they ever had. I don't know anyone who doesn't like him. So let me get that out first.

Messy divorce? Not really? I think? The divorce was basically him and his lawyers asking how much money do I need to pay you to get you to go away.

Bad marriage yes. I don't think him and his first wife liked each other. I can't understand why they ever got married in the first place let alone had children. He had a string of affairs with other women from day 2 of their marriage. Sorry Mrs Zaronab was one of those women. He drank a lot too.

Since we have been together he has 100% devoted to me. He embraced being ABDL and stopped drinking. He did say before we were married no kids. He uses be ABDL as the reason. Is it?

I know that his parents were divorced when he was baby and didn't like his father and refused to have anything to do him. He didn't even go to his fathers funeral nor did he ever tell his father that he was a grandfather. In a baby way he doesn't have object permanence when it comes to people. People are either in his life or they don't exist. He has done this with his first wife, family, numerous friends, and others. On one hand he can be kind and caring to their face. Once out of sight he couldn't care less about them. I just don’t like seeing him doing that to his own children.

Last edited:
MrsZaronab said:
My husband is one of kindest good natured people you'll ever meet. Always has joke or something kind to say to anyone. He'll give anyone the shirt off his back if you ask. Coworkers tell me that he is the one the best bosses they ever had. I don't know anyone who doesn't like him. So let me get that out first.

Messy divorce? Not really? I think? They divorce was basically him and his lawyers asking how much money do I need to pay you to get you to go away.

Bad marriage yes. I don't think him and his first wife liked each other. I can't understand why they ever got married in the first place let alone had children. He had a string of affairs with other women from day 2 of their marriage. Sorry Mrs Zaronab was one of those women. He drank a lot too.

Since we have been together he has 100% devoted to me. He embraced being ABDL and stopped drinking. He did say before we were married no kids. He uses be ABDL as the reason. Is it?

I know that his parents were divorced when he was baby and didn't like his father and refused to have anything to do him. He didn't even go to his fathers funeral nor did he ever tell his father that he was a grandfather. In baby way he doesn't have object permanence when it comes to people. People are either in his life or they don't exist. He has done this his first wife, family, numerous friends, and others. On one hand he can be kind and caring to their face. Once out of sight he couldn't care less about them. I just don’t like seeing him doing that to his own children.
As for the permanence issue, I guarantee its due to his father not being around, I am the same way, with everyone in life minus my wife and son. all those i called friends for 15 yrs at my last job, we dont speak ive been gone just 3 weeks. my dad havnt spoken to in over 30 years, moms passed, pissed the family off by not crying ect... but i had come home from iraq for the funeral, was a bit spent, ya know. I have a brother I speak to 2 maby 3 times a yr. so i understand some of his actions from that aspect.

MrsZaronab said:

This has nothing to do with ABDL. Might not even have much to do with the divorce. Speaking as an extreme introvert DL, I'm not terribly interested in any sort of in person social interaction. When it comes to kids and grandkids though, I suck it up and pretend as best I can because I know it's the right thing to do. The kids do their best to make me feel it's the right call as well.

When Mrs. Maxx suggests that an event with the grandkids is appropriate, I go with it and try my best. You're doing the right thing by trying to make this happen. My gut tells me that he's grateful inside his head even if you can't detect it.

Promising some ABDL fullfilment afterward couldn't hurt. I'm hopeful that he'll say yes and everyone will enjoy the long weekend.

Reactions: MrsZaronab
MrsZaronab said:

Messy divorce? Not really? I think? The divorce was basically him and his lawyers asking how much money do I need to pay you to get you to go away.

I know that his parents were divorced when he was baby and didn't like his father and refused to have anything to do him. He didn't even go to his fathers funeral nor did he ever tell his father that he was a grandfather. In a baby way he doesn't have object permanence when it comes to people. People are either in his life or they don't exist. He has done this with his first wife, family, numerous friends, and others. On one hand he can be kind and caring to their face. Once out of sight he couldn't care less about them. I just don’t like seeing him doing that to his own children.

I dont think that it has that much to do with "being" ABDL, but it might have something to do with being able to be ABDL with them around.

That is, depending on how old the daughters are, he might be afraid having them around for any period of time that he may not be able to be a 'little" without them figuring it all out. I think that girls are much more perceptive about things than boys are. My son 15 although very alert, seems oblivious to what goes on here. I think that girls are just different, they notice subtlety and details... at least my wife does. So perhaps he is just worried they will figure it all out and take it back to their mother.

Just a guess.

Wow, this is a bit of a different situation to be sure. You say that he is a loving and kind father when he is with them, but has no interest in them when not involved with them. That is indeed a bit confusing to say the least.

As a father of three children myself, they are the most important blessings in my life. I love them dearly and cannot imagine not being with them, even though they are now grown children themselves.

What I am wondering is if this whole thing has less to do with being ABDL than perhaps psychological scars from the failed marriage. Could it be more of an avoidance of the pain and situation that he was in that is manifest in trying to avoid anything that brings these things back? As you say it appears he is loving and caring for them when he is with them, but then out of the situation he seems to avoid these opportunities. This could be somewhat due to an avoidance of even being with his ex-wife during the exchange and so forth. Or perhaps the trauma associated with the previous marriage causes even thoughts of it to cause him to regress to his ABDL self.

In any case, there are some psychological issues here that really should be addressed. Perhaps a counselor or psychologist might be able to help him work through the emotions he has. An ugly divorce and/or marriage can create the same sort of PTSD as other traumatic events, and perhaps even more so as it involves the person you loved and shared your life with. But the thought of avoiding perhaps some of the greatest treasures in life (one's own children) because of some psychological issues is really sad. And one that I am certain in the future he (and you also) will regret if you don't seek out the opportunities.

If indeed this is something to do with his needs for being ABDL, I think that is even more sad. I hope this is not the case. I am ABDL, and in my experience never was this in any way connected to my children. I worried before having children about the fact that I liked diapers and what it would be like as a parent with children in diapers. But there simply never was any connection between the two. When my children were in diapers, I simply took care of it like any other parent and my own diaper interests actually seemed to fade away during this time. Perhaps it was because this was certainly not a pleasant chore, and I was grateful when each were potty trained. So at least for me, being a parent and caring for my children in diapers had no connection with my own ABDL desires. They were two different and separate worlds.

While I know everyone is different, I simply can't relate to someone avoiding their own children because they themselves are ABDL. I am sorry for saying this, but if this is actually the case, I think your husband really does desperately need help --as his priorities are in the toilet and his actions are very selfish indeed. It is disconcerting to me, and I am sure to you, that he even would insinuate that he is avoiding being with them because of his being ABDL.

I hope this latter situation is truly not the case, and that the real cause is what I suspect might be the case, in that he is avoiding memories and the pain of his previous marriage.

However, in either case, this is something that mere friendship and even your companionship is likely not adequate. While I am not a fan of psychologists or psychiatrists, I believe the investment in seeking their assistance would be well worth it in you and your husband's situation.

I wish you the best and my prayers go out to you and your husband (and his daughters) as you sort through these things.

Reactions: HoganBunny, DylanLewis, MrsZaronab and 1 other person
It is hard to respond without risking offending you, as he is your choice and partner.
But! ABDL or any other lettercombination, is not an explanation for not being a father to your children.
If one is man enough to bring them into this world, then you have the responibility to do what is in your power to make them feel loved and safe until the day you are gone.
Yes life is har sometimes, but the troubles one may have as an adult should the children be shielded from.

Proud father of two girl in their twenties, whom still hugs their dad and stil comes and cries in my arms when they need comfort.

Reactions: abdilly and BobbiSueEllen
I tried talking to him about it this weekend. His response was basically what combination of words do I have say to you to get you to shut up about this? I feel like he puts me in the position as the wicked stepmother. Where I get blamed for all of his “stuff.”

Other than his children our relationship is great. I have never been this close to anyone and our relationship is beyond intimate. We share every thing. He is the center of my world and I am the center of his. However this kind of relationship is not for everyone especially if you value your independence.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I find is very bizarre that he could be described as such a loving man but also forget important people in his life without a moment's notice. I doubt this is anything to do with ABDL, it sounds like there is something wrong on quite a deep level, perhaps to do with his childhood

Like it or not the girls are coming for Thanksgiving! Yay!

I have been giving a lot of thought about hubby. I see hubby as someone who grew up with difficultly knowing love or how accept to love from others. I think he doesn't feel worthy of his children's love. Like he let them down and they know it. So in his mind, even if they don't know it now they will eventually figure it out and not want anything to do with him. Does that make any sense?

I that has caused him to have a confused sexuality. I think thats where ABDL comes in. He needs constant attention and reassurance from me that he is loved. Being humiliated by being made to wear diapers because it is for his own good is such a turn on for him becuase it is evidence that he is loved unconditionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: armydipr
Unconditional is also tough at times, your baby is just going to have to listen to his mommy for his own good and growth.

Reactions: MrsZaronab
Back