Question for furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyKitty

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So what is the psychology of a furry? (why are they and why did they become a furry) why did you become a furry, i'm curious about furryhood and interested about it, can anyone be a furry or is it like DL's (HardWired)

I started drawing cute little anthropomorphic animals - then realized that there were people who liked that sort of thing. So I tried to fit into that group. It really never worked out. I had a few good experiences, but the bad experiences kinda outweighed that. It was kinda at a rough point in my life, so a lot of it probably was my own fault.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and LonelyKitty
LonelyKitty said:
So what is the psychology of a furry? (why are they and why did they become a furry) why did you become a furry, i'm curious about furryhood and interested about it, can anyone be a furry or is it like DL's (HardWired)
There's lots of research and opinions on this, here are some observations.

Furries are attracted in one way or another to anthropomorphic animals, does not have to be a sexual interest

You can become a furry but for many, like other things, it's something you always were. Most I talk to, and including myself, have very early memories of being attracted to anthropomorphic animals

Being a furry means different things to different people. Some use it as an escape from a life or body they are not content with. Often the fursona is an imagination of how they would rather be viewed, this is not always the case though.

Myself, I have always been a furry but until the internet came along I didn't know what that was, or that others felt similar. I am sexually attracted to anthropomorphic representations of animals (not actual animals) I have always felt that I am more of an animal than a human and have lived a life that allows me to enjoy that. For much of my life I have lived off grid and apart from general society, as animals are able too. As a predator I hunt animals for food and it gives me satisfaction to feel the freedom that gives you. Alone in the forest, life and death, respecting the life of your prey as it nourishes your body. I save everything and use it, tanning hides and making leather, soap from the fat etc. I live on a small island off grid and am slowly working to be totally self sufficient, like an animal, to me to be like an animal is to be free.

Reactions: Sapphyre and LonelyKitty
For me, i got into it later in life and mainly as a coping tool to deal with my real life incontinence. After several years if anxiety and depression over it, I began to look to the ABDL side and that was my intro to furries. I used Claud as a way to be free of the shame and embarrassment of the diapers and he evolved from there. So the basic answer for me, I joined in order to have an outlet where I could be the happy and outgoing person I wanted to be inside.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and LonelyKitty
I have been a fan of any somewhat anthropomorphic or human-like non human I saw for my whole life, from Lightning McQueen to Disney's Robinhood Tinkerbell. I honestly think that just about anything else is more visually appealing than a human, and I love the potential for more emoting that comes with motile ears and/or a tail. I initially expressed myself through being a fan of MLP:FIM but after disovering FNaF, I made a self-insert OC animatronic in a style very reminiscent of the MLP/EQG style, and that was my main 'sona for many more years(though I didn't know what a furty or a fursona was at the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back