I really want to know so I can sleep without any concerns

Reactions: jonny77, newAB43, Diprs2 and 2 others
it depends on how wet and messy you could be at risk of diaper rash

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, Angelapinks, newAB43 and 3 others
randomgamerguy said:
Hi, is it safe to sleep in a wet/messy diaper
I really want to know so I can sleep without any concerns
I sleep in my overnight Mega Max diaper and wet throughout the night and sleep all night in it. I don’t mess in my diapers but you would likely have some type of rash if you messed and slept in it all night. And if you could stand the smell. Lol

Reactions: jonny77, TigerDL, littledub1955 and 4 others
I’ve sleeper in wet no problem. I’ve not slept in messy.

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, TigerDL, littledub1955 and 5 others
Slept in wet diapers before, but not messy ones.

Reactions: littledub1955, newAB43, Diprs2 and 3 others
I sleep in a wet diaper, usually two or three good wettings, no problems so far.

Reactions: TenaciousDL, littledub1955, newAB43 and 4 others
"Safe" is a word that has different meanings to people. For example: with anything to do with diapers, there's always a risk of UTIs or diaper rash, the mitigation for that risk is to change often especially if it's a messy diaper. That being said, the likelyhood of getting a UTI from a merely wet diaper is pretty low for most people, but if you do get a UTI it needs to be properly treated or it goes from being a painful and inconvenient experience to an "I've got to go to an ER and get this fixed!"

Me personally, I sleep overnight in wet diapers at least a couple of times a week and been fine. Is it safe? Sure, mostly, is it without risk? Not at all. I'm not a fan of the messy diaper experience for more than a few minutes before I regret doing it (usually once every couple of years because it sounds much more fun in fantasy than it is for me in reality). If you're going to be in a messy diaper for any amount of time other than a few minutes, I'd highly encourage barrier cream/diaper rash cream just to have that extra layer of protection from diaper rash too.

Reactions: Mariano, newAB43, Diprs2 and 2 others
I 've been sleeping in diapers that are mostly wet and not had any problems.

Reactions: PearlandDL, littledub1955, newAB43 and 3 others
been sleeping wet for years no issues at all.. thankfully I don't mess while asleep

Reactions: PearlandDL, littledub1955, newAB43 and 2 others
I always wake up wet and frequently have a mess in my diaper. I have only had an occasional diaper rash as a result of pooping in my sleep and being in the messy diaper for several hours until I wake up.

Reactions: TigerDL, chuck, newAB43 and 2 others
I would advise against sleeping in a messed diaper. Stool is very agressive towards your skin. The only time I had a diaper rash was whilst having a very hefty and lasting flu. After four consistent nights that had me waking up in a messy diaper I got a terrible rash.

Cheers

Reactions: TigerDL, littledub1955, newAB43 and 2 others
I wear cloth diapers and I'm wet every night with no problems. I love sleeping in a wet diaper.

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, littledub1955, chuck and 4 others
Fortunately, I only wet. If I wake up at night wet, I change. I cannot go back to sleep in a wet diaper.

Reactions: newAB43 and Diprs2
dpcare said:
it depends on how wet and messy you could be at risk of diaper rash
If you use plenty baby powder and oil, you should be good. Also another thing you can do is cook some oatmeal and pour it down into your diaper. It feels like a mess, and it's good for your skin. If you sleep in a oatmeal filled diaper, you'll get the same effect, but without the smell or harsh side effects.

I often sleep in an already wet nappy, though it is usually one that I put on not long before going to bed and then wet just before going to sleep so I've not got a full bladder to keep me awake or wake me in the night. In general it's totally fine probably not an advisable idea but should be safe enough unless you have super sensitive skin.

When I was younger if I wanted a messy nappy I would often wait until shortly before going to bed (say about 9:30 pm) so that if my mum were to come up and into my room in the evening for any reason I wouldn't have to worry about smells, if it was late and my door was shut with no light shining through the door or sound from pc/tv she'd stay out assuming I was asleep. I'd then keep it on for a bit to enjoy the feeling.

I'd usually end up going to sleep with it still on partly out of fear that it was now close to the time my mum will be coming to bed herself and I didn't want her hearing me and walking in as I was taking off and cleaning up from a dirty nappy. Sometimes it would be a normal time to wake up the following morning when I would get up and clean up and sometimes I would wake in the early hours of the morning (like 2 or 3 AM) and I would quietly get cleaned up.

For many years this was totally fine and I had no issues with it, nowadays though my skin has become much more sensitive for some reason and I tend to get a bit sore or risk rashes if I stay in a dirty one for too long so I tend to get cleaned up after a couple hours or sooner.

My diapers wet by 1am most night. Not to thrilled about the idea of sleeping in a messy diaper

Reactions: ICDiaperLover, newAB43 and Diprs2
Antientmariner said:
If you use plenty baby powder and oil, you should be good. Also another thing you can do is cook some oatmeal and pour it down into your diaper. It feels like a mess, and it's good for your skin. If you sleep in a oatmeal filled diaper, you'll get the same effect, but without the smell or harsh side effects.
I can attest to the porridge method, I personally am one of those people who love the feel of a dirty nappy or pants but I'm not a fan of the clean up or smells afterward.

Mixing up some porridge oats and putting it in the back of a nappy/underpants can really work to simulate the feeling much better than a lot of the other "fake mess" methods.

The best part is you have a lot more control over how it feels.
If I poop in a nappy I prefer it to be quite a firm bulk rather than soft and squishy.

With porridge if you use less water in the mix it can become quite thick and easily mouldable (like playdoh).
I find if shape it into a log placing one end at my bum hole then putting on the nappy/pants and sitting down to squash it all up it feels very much like a good poop, even to the point of holding butt cheeks apart and putting pressure on the hole, you can even add a little extra wetter porridge around it to make it feel stickier.
Use less water to be firmer and more shape-able or more water to be soft and runny. Also use warmer water to make it more comfortable and more like it's just come out.

It is best to do before wetting though as it get a bit softer and stickier (more realistic) as it gets wet.
It does kinda feel wasteful and I'd prefer the real thing but sometimes it's just easier/better not to, cleaning is much cleaner and more pleasant and oats supposedly have benefits for the skin.

• Love
Reactions: PearlandDL, Diprs2 and theancientmariner
So long as it is not a loose, watery mess, you'll know when it is time to clean up. Once you start getting bad "itching", you're at risk of a rash.

I’ve only slept in wet diapers, but I take proper precautions and apply plenty of rash cream.

Reactions: Angelapinks and diaperdude
I sleep in diapers and if I wet myself I wait until the morning to get change but I don’t messy in them I just wet in them sometimes at night I only pee pee at night if I don’t use the toilet before bed

Reactions: newAB43 and Angelapinks
Back