Question About SDKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dork

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Are the Super Dry Kids still using that horrible textured plastic, or have they switched back?

Also, do they have the light blue wings now?

had a pack of SDK arrive today, not opened it yet but the plastic looks the same as the last pack a few months back and no blue wings that I could see.

Thanks for the info! I was getting worried after reading a few recent posts.

That plastic is awful. What is ABU thinking? Makes me SO glad to have multiple cases of the original, single tape SDK's with shiny and crinkly plastic.

Reactions: Honeywell6180
Someone was complaining a few weeks ago about the ones they received had the horrible plastic. so I dont think they've gone back to how they used to be.

Hmmm... Anyone else know for sure? I have a sample coming, so I guess I'll know soon enough.

Good to know, was going to order some and I think I’ll hold off for now...

Reactions: KeeperOfTheRock
DanUt said:
Someone was complaining a few weeks ago about the ones they received had the horrible plastic. so I dont think they've gone back to how they used to be.

that would probably be me! yes mine had terrible plastic! thin, cheap, and abrasive feeling

Reactions: DanUt
Last case I got has the blue wings, but the textured finish remains. I still buy them because of their effectiveness, and white color. I doubt if ABUniverse will listen, but I wish they would go back to the smooth plastic outer backing. They were so much better then.

bambinobaby said:
That plastic is awful. What is ABU thinking? Makes me SO glad to have multiple cases of the original, single tape SDK's with shiny and crinkly plastic.

maybe they're trying to make them a more discrete wear-in-public diaper? (textured plastic is quieter)

I may be wrong but isn't it the landing zone of a diaper that produces most of the noise? I know some are all around but...

I just got a sample SDK size small. Smooth plastic without the texture. Not sure if it is leftover stock though... Maybe I'll just roll the dice.

I have an unopened pack of large SDKS that I inspected yesterday after reading this. Looks like they have the blue wings but plastic looks the same, didn't want to open them just yet. I still have some XL ABU diapers I'm working through. I did notice however that on the bag there was a production date. Anyone note what date is on the ones with the new plastic?

I picked up a sample of the simple ultra as well. That one has a noticeable texture to it. I have never tried them before, so I'm not sure if this is a change or not. The texture is not quite as bad as some others I have tried. The tapes on that sucker were super strong too. Like rip a hole in the landing strip strong.

TheWalkingDad said:
I have an unopened pack of large SDKS that I inspected yesterday after reading this. Looks like they have the blue wings but plastic looks the same, didn't want to open them just yet. I still have some XL ABU diapers I'm working through. I did notice however that on the bag there was a production date. Anyone note what date is on the ones with the new plastic?
Any pics of the blue wings?

Dork said:
I am now wondering if this is related to item 2 on this list:
I did ask that question to abu cares and that only applies to the new diapers, bunny hops and dino rawrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back