Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGuy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all !
So just finished my Tena PullUps pack.
I had 2 leak problems , so i got some depend 8/8 Absorbency.
Ive found so far (have not yet wet them) they feel 10x better but there are no wings as such they kind of dont look like theyre up to the job.
Question is are they good ? Do the hold much wet ?
They say overnight garuntee for dryness...

Many thanks , Dean

FlyGuy said:
Hi all !
So just finished my Tena PullUps pack.
I had 2 leak problems , so i got some depend 8/8 Absorbency.
Ive found so far (have not yet wet them) they feel 10x better but there are no wings as such they kind of dont look like theyre up to the job.
Question is are they good ? Do the hold much wet ?
They say overnight garuntee for dryness...

Many thanks , Dean

None of the depends products hold very much, nor are any of them even close enough for overnight use. Not even their "protection with tabs" diapers.

If you're looking for bottom of the barrel cheap, then take a look at Tranquility ATN. They aren't good for overnight either, but they are the cheapest diapers out there that still work half decent for what they cost.

If you're dead set on using a pullup, then take a look at Northshore go supreme. They are about the best pullups you will find anywhere. Take note though, no pullup is made well enough for overnight use. You will still experience leaks, even with these ones.

However, if what you're wanting is something that won't leak with overnight use then I highly recommend Betterdry (or Crinklz). Northshore supreme
, Northshore mega max, ABU simple ultras (or PeekABU) are also all very good and will work for most people.

Great info , thank you.
Never used a tabbed daiper , i get put off by the size i cant imagine trying to hide them under clothing , but i heard they can hold the most ?

FlyGuy said:
Great info , thank you.
Never used a tabbed daiper , i get put off by the size i cant imagine trying to hide them under clothing , but i heard they can hold the most ?

Yeah a tape diaper will hold the most, by far. The hiding them concern shouldn't be a problem though. Overnight use in bed isn't as hard to conceal like with daytime wearing. That fear comes up a LOT, but it's mostly unfounded anyways.

For the daytime, as long as you don't make the diaper completely and absolutely obvious, then nobody will notice. People are just too self absorbed to notice a glass door in front of them, let alone what someone "might" be wearing under their pants. A good rule of thumb is to wear one pant size larger to accomodate for the added bulk, otherwise tight pants are a dead give away. So is constantly switching from wearing to not wearing, or overcompensating for the bulk by waddling. People around you a lot will eventually notice the difference, but not necessarily the diaper itself.

The crinkling of a plastic diaper is another common concern. For that, I recommend a diaper cover. The gary activewear pul pants are incredibly quite. As a plus, a diaper cover will help you to notice any leaks before it becomes outwardly noticable. And kind of like what I always point out, a thin diaper that has leaked is way more noticable than a thick one that had done its job.

Keep in mind that Crinklz and Betterdry swell up a lot, as do many of ABU's premium diapers.

SorcerorElf said:
Keep in mind that Crinklz and Betterdry swell up a lot, as do many of ABU's premium diapers.

Right! Most any other overnight grade of diaper will too. That's why I mentioned everyone wearing them for daytime use should also wear one pant size larger than normal. They swell up enough that if you don't then your pants will end up tight, and very easily show you're wearing a diaper. Ask Makena and he can confirm that.

Me, I have worked in the same quiet office for over 15 years. I have also always had to wear thicker diapers due to my then urge incontinence, and now still hitting the recommended water intake. I can also confirm there are people I've worked with all this time who still have no idea I'm diapered (as confirmed by those coworkers I have told before).

It really just goes to show that as long as you're smart about it, don't slip up, or purposely expose your diapers, then others just don't notice no matter how thick they might be.

I tried the NS supreme pull ups and they leaked when I was standing. Tabbed diapers give a better fit and tend to be more leak resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back