Prostatitis and incontinence

virginiadiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So does anyone have any experience with prostatitis and incontinence? I’ve recently been diagnosed with prostatitis and now have some urge incontinence that is persisting. I had some post void dribbles before now and sometimes wore a pull-up or pad. I’m now managing with tena and M3 pull-ups and can’t go without a pull-up. Does this incontinence persist or get better and how quickly? What can I expect.

Reactions: makena43
I imagine your case must be chronic rather than acute? I had acute and had no incontinence while suffering because I was barely able to go, despite feeling like I had to all the time. It was one of the worst illnesses I have had but had no long term effects I can identify.

I believe I did a few trs back cause before I never had a problem with leakage bu ever since I need to wear all the time. I think it does something to ur nerves

I had prostatitis for about 5-6 years. But, my IC didn't seem to change during that time since it's due to severe OAB and not prostate issues. How are you being treated for it?

Not much just wear dips dra can't figure out y all the test shows is I have a small bladder capacity I don't leak a ton but just enough so I can't wear normal underwear anymore

Had it for many years. Caused urgency and leaks.

Last edited:
Some years ago I had a bout of something the urologist called "Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis," though I'm still not fully convinced that's actually what it was, and neither was he. I have since had true prostatitis and it is NO fun. But I can't say it caused incontinence. A sensation that I had to pee constantly, yes. A practical desire to wear diapers just so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes, yes. But incontinence? No.

-RMS

Back