Primary orientation?

rocketman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
One thing that has come up for me in therapy is that the orientation to diapers was my primary orientation. I do like women, but I have started to look upon myself not as a straight person who likes diapers, but as a diaper lover who is also into women. Is DL even the right term here? Have we even come up with one?

So I was wondering if anyone else names their sexuality as I do. Or do you identify as a straight/gay/bi (whatever applies) who likes diaper play?

Reactions: tiny and Deleted member 47221
For me, being a DL definitely takes a back seat, I enjoy it, but I wouldn't consider an orierntation in the same way as whether I'm gay/straight/bi.

Well, I'm still exploring my sexuality, and while I would say diapers are the biggest turn on, I still see them as a fetish, not an orientation.

Back during (and shortly after) puberty, diapers were definitely "it" for me. I had next to zero interest in sex. But, sex did eventually move in and knock diapers out of the top spot. Orientation-wise, I generally think of myself as "straight," but maybe that's just me being lazy. I do wear diapers for sexual stimulation, well, ... A LOT. :) When I have sex, though, I don't involve diapers at all. I've wondered what it might be like to mix the two, but I don't feel any particularly strong urge to do it. If it happens someday and is totally amazing, I'll come back and edit my post.

Last edited:
For me, nothing will ever turn me on or feel the same as having that someone special in my life, in particular women. As much as being ABDL is a part of who I am, it will always take a backseat to true human interaction and pleasure.

While I'm not looking to be able to marry my diapers, they appear to be the path for intimacy for me. I suspect my other kinks could fill in if required but diapers are good in that when you share them with someone, they promote a degree of intimacy and caring that might not necessarily be found with other kinks. I wouldn't say that I absolutely require them for sexual intimacy but they do seem pretty necessary for me getting to the relationship place where sexual intimacy is comfortable.

North by North East at this moment!

Well, I'm not saying I don't like sex or that I need diapers to be there.

But for me, they were always first. My first sexual feelings were for diapers (or what I now see as that looking back). The way most people have a sex drive, I do too but for diapers.

Reactions: Trevor
I use to have diaper sex with the wife several times a month in the early days when we were younger. Then maybe once or twice a month when in our early 50's. Then just sex every now and then after that. I miss her.

I think it's always been human intervention first for me until my wife died. I have no intention of dating, so by default, diapers are my first and only go to.

rocketman said:
One thing that has come up for me in therapy is that the orientation to diapers was my primary orientation. I do like women, but I have started to look upon myself not as a straight person who likes diapers, but as a diaper lover who is also into women. Is DL even the right term here? Have we even come up with one?

So I was wondering if anyone else names their sexuality as I do. Or do you identify as a straight/gay/bi (whatever applies) who likes diaper play?
Whatever your orientation is, love is love. And yes, we absolutely can love inanimate objects as much as certain types of people. And DL does stand for diaper lover.

Back