Practical use for non-IC and non-24/7 folks

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So this is a question for folks who aren’t IC and don’t wear 24/7.
Do you sometimes wear diapers for practical reasons rather than enjoyment?
I only buy and pad up every few months for enjoyment. This morning, though, I had some diarrhea. Still had to leave home for a few hours. I had a few Goodnites on hand so I wore one. I had no intention of using it while out but I figured if it came down to it, well it was better than the alternative.
Others worn for similar practical purposes?

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjiminy, artemisenterri, JunkyardDog1 and 2 others
Riddy said:
Definitely.

When the pandemic hit I decided that, with my risk factors, a public restroom was one place I did not want to be. So I put my ABDL knowledge to use. I remarked in another thread that when I run sometimes my legs aren't the only parts of me that want to run :rolleyes: , so a light diaper is handy for that activity.

Just because something fun, doesn't mean it can't be useful:think:, and those "useful" aspects can provide a plausible excuse if caught.

Reactions: artemisenterri, AJFan2020, Canadianfalls and 2 others
Normally when I am not feeling well, I do not diaper up. I just don't feel like it.

But there is an exception. If I have diarrhea or think I might have diarrhea, then I will use a disposable diaper. Makes clean-up easier.

Reactions: slimjiminy, artemisenterri and AJFan2020
I’m about to go watch a 3hr movie diapered up. Does that count?

Last edited:
Reactions: CLPP, Binky151, LittleTyke and 2 others
Riddy said:
So this is a question for folks who aren’t IC and don’t wear 24/7.
I only buy and pad up every few months for enjoyment. This morning, though, I had some diarrhea. Still had to leave home for a few hours. I had a few Goodnites on hand so I wore one. I had no intention of using it while out but I figured if it came down to it, well it was better than the alternative.
Others worn for similar practical purposes?
Yeah, I’m very lightweight and I donate plasma, so if I don’t chug a lot of water, I don’t make the minimum weight. Obviously, sitting still for two hours to do a donation can have it’s issues when one has to chug large quantities of liquid. It’s also great for long trips.

Reactions: artemisenterri and Riddy
Well I tell you what, if I ever go to a concert, or something that has a bunch of people at an all day thing, I'll definitely be padded for sure. Maybe even for a movie. Still have to do it.

Reactions: CLPP and artemisenterri
Yup. Your description matches my usage. I wear occasionally, when I feel like it and it works out. Can sometimes be months between diapers, and sometimes twice a day.

I do also sometimes wear for practicality. There were a few times when I was unwell, with frequent BMs that would wake me up. So I'd wear to bed to not have to get out of bed, and sleep well. Free unplanned fun in the morning :cool:

I'm also frequently outside for long periods. Most of the times this is mountain and highway areas, so I can pee wherever. But if I'll be in town and it's cold, I'll wear and use

Reactions: artemisenterri
When I go to town in winter, I often wear. It’s really practical.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and artemisenterri
I mean, if you count wearing while playing video games with friends so I don't have to interrupt the match, then yes lol.

I have worn while sick once or twice, also for a "just-in-case" scenario. There are certain perks to being ABDL haha

Reactions: AJFan2020, LittleTyke and artemisenterri
Yes. I wish it were more socially acceptable to just wear and use diapers rather than having to run to the bathroom or use disgusting public bathrooms. I think if people thought practically about it many more would be open to trying it or at least not have an issue with others wearing. I may not wear or use a diaper all the time but I would wear a lot more often if I was less worried about others finding out and the potential social consequences. I do wear diapers on long road trips, when flying so I can sit next to the window or other times when I just don't want to have to limit fluid intake and bathroom access could be restricted.

I'll also wear a just in case diaper on occasion. Something like a goodnite that I'm willing to use (usually wet only) if I know finding a bathroom will be difficult and I may need to go. I've also learned my lesson the hard way that sometimes I need to put on a real diaper if I have eaten food that tend to go through me quickly and I'm not going to have immediate toilet access as cleaning up a mess in your pants without a diaper is not something I want to do again.

I have a small bag I put together with baby and adult diapers that I can throw in the car when I'm going someplace without bathroom access like hiking trails that do not have a bathroom at the start. Sometime I don't want to wear the diaper but really have to go and need an option. I've been glad to have it on more than one occasion when the strong urge to poop, usually diarrhea, that comes on suddenly. Lay out a diaper in plastic bag, experience relief then clean up and get on with what I was doing. I tested at home to know which diapers can hold a full bladder if that is the most pressing urge.

Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020 and artemisenterri
Real time reply.... this has happened a few min ago. I am working the yard diapered for pleasure. I had mcdonalds breakfast sandwiches this morning. I farted. Was not fart. I am presently mushy and both uncomfortable about it happening, but strangely happy for my choice to put on a diaper. Could have ruined underwear and soiled pants.

Reactions: TigerDL, Binky151 and artemisenterri
I work in a convenience store, running a register for up to 10 hours a shift. Because corporate is being stingy, we have a limited number of "authorized" hours we can use for scheduling workers, which leads to single-coverage 8-hour shifts. We the customers won't stop coming in, you can't just run to the restroom, so i've worn a diaper all shift several times, and have usually wet in it several times by the end of the shift. So far no one seems to have noticed, or if they did kept any questions or comments to themselves.

Funny thing is, the store is directly next-door to an assisted living nursing home... I've been very tempted to ask the nurses who come in for snacks and drinks if they could spare any products...

Enjoyment. And saves having to get up to go pee when I'm crashed out watching a film.

Reactions: artemisenterri and paddedaria
When riding a motorcycle, diapers are very practical. Not having to remove all that protective clothing just to pee, is so nice.

Also, while I certainly enjoy wearing diapers to bed (every night), it is also practical that I don't need to get out of bed in the middle of the night to pee. I sleep much better this way.

artemisenterri said:
I work in a convenience store, running a register for up to 10 hours a shift. Because corporate is being stingy, we have a limited number of "authorized" hours we can use for scheduling workers, which leads to single-coverage 8-hour shifts. We the customers won't stop coming in, you can't just run to the restroom, so i've worn a diaper all shift several times, and have usually wet in it several times by the end of the shift. So far no one seems to have noticed, or if they did kept any questions or comments to themselves.

Funny thing is, the store is directly next-door to an assisted living nursing home... I've been very tempted to ask the nurses who come in for snacks and drinks if they could spare any products...
I wear diapers at work sometimes too. I'm a truck driver, so I can wear all I want. Only time I interact with other people is when I'm loading or unloading(No, not unloading into my diaper!:ROFLMAO:) and I keep that as brief as possible, no pun intended.
That'll be so funny if one of the nurses actually hooked you up with a 'product' if you asked, pulling out a Megamax from her pocket, "Here you go, we just got our shipment of adult briefs this morning".

Reactions: Binky151 and artemisenterri
theancientmariner said:
I wear diapers at work sometimes too. I'm a truck driver, so I can wear all I want. Only time I interact with other people is when I'm loading or unloading(No, not unloading into my diaper!:ROFLMAO:) and I keep that as brief as possible, no pun intended.
That'll be so funny if one of the nurses actually hooked you up with a 'product' if you asked, pulling out a Megamax from her pocket, "Here you go, we just got our shipment of adult briefs this morning".
I doubt they'd have the "good" diapers... More than likely they'd have pull-ups or hospital-grade junk that doesn't hold up after one full bladder...

artemisenterri said:
I doubt they'd have the "good" diapers... More than likely they'd have pull-ups or hospital-grade junk that doesn't hold up after one full bladder...
Then why would you want one of those?👩‍⚕️

• Haha
theancientmariner said:
Then why would you want one of those?👩‍⚕️
Because i can't afford the prices of the "good" brands? The only time I can buy any is if I find them in a thrift store (goodwill or mom&pop) or on a clearance rack in walmart/walgreens/cvs...

artemisenterri said:
Because i can't afford the prices of the "good" brands? The only time I can buy any is if I find them in a thrift store (goodwill or mom&pop) or on a clearance rack in walmart/walgreens/cvs...
Oh sorry. I do wish you luck with finding a good brand at a thrift store some day. I'm still trying. Every time I can, I'll stop to look for diapers, but've never had any luck.

theancientmariner said:
Oh sorry. I do wish you luck with finding a good brand at a thrift store some day. I'm still trying. Every time I can, I'll stop to look for diapers, but've never had any luck.
Usually it's just store brands (the generics from the different stores), and most often in the wrong sizes (XS, S, XL, XXL, etc when I'm looking for M or L)...

Back