Pollyanna

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Whilst recovering from my cold, I watched one of my favourite films on DVD-"Pollyanna".
One thing that I really enjoy about the film, is all the wonderful dresses that Hayley Mills wears in the film -
20231020_141204.jpg
20231020_141045.jpg
Then there are these...
20231020_141456.jpg20231020_141714.jpg
And it's not just Hayley Mills costumes that are interesting. At the start of the film, two little girls are pushing their dollies in their prams, when Jimmy Bean, a young boy comes running towards them with a hoop and a stick. The two girls remove their dolls and clutch them. Fortunately, Jimmy manages to avoid crashing into them, only to lose control of the hoop,causing it to hit baskets of chickens at the train station.
20231020_142113.jpg
And finally, the girls at the children's orphanage wear sailor tops and skirts.
20231020_142358.jpg
The film is excellent. It has some wonderful acting in it (Karl Malden in particular), and the film's ethos "Look for the good in people and you will find it" is true.

Attachments

• 20231020_142113.jpg
    20231020_142113.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: Floodingpants, BobbiSueEllen, Deleted member 75402 and 1 other person
Sissyleslie said:
Whilst recovering from my cold, I watched one of my favourite films on DVD-"Pollyanna".
One thing that I really enjoy about the film, is all the wonderful dresses that Hayley Mills wears in the film -
View attachment 121180
View attachment 121182
Then there are these...
View attachment 121183View attachment 121184
And it's not just Hayley Mills costumes that are interesting. At the start of the film, two little girls are pushing their dollies in their prams, when Jimmy Bean, a young boy comes running towards them with a hoop and a stick. The two girls remove their dolls and clutch them. Fortunately, Jimmy manages to avoid crashing into them, only to lose control of the hoop,causing it to hit baskets of chickens at the train station.
View attachment 121186
And finally, the girls at the children's orphanage wear sailor tops and skirts.
View attachment 121188
The film is excellent. It has some wonderful acting in it (Karl Malden in particular), and the film's ethos "Look for the good in people and you will find it" is true.
Such lovely outfits

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I agree. The costumes are wonderful.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I do adore Hayley Mills, even if she looks a little bit like Anthony Michael Hall, LOL. She and Anissa Jones shared a lot of facial cues & mannerisms...but Anissa was a bit edgier, in a cute way. Especially in the pilot episode of Family Affair, when she defiantly tells Mr. French "My name...is BUFFY!" She won my heart forever with that line when I was 27 months old. 🤭🥰

Back