Plastic pants.

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear plastic or rubber pants over diapers/nappies. I feel more secure doing so.
Who else does and what types/brands do you recommend?

Reactions: DotTheCyberCat, Angelapinks, jbond007 and 4 others
I dont as I do not understand how it is more secure. I would like to if it was.... Do you wear an absorbant pair of boxers over the diaper and under the plastic pants? In that case, I can see it sucking up leaks and the plastic keeping it from wicking thru. Otherwise, it seems any leak will also leak thru the plastic as there is nothing to absorb it.

Curious how your experience has been - I just never tried it. It also seems a diaper, a pair of boxers, a plastic cover, start to get soo thick there is no way to hide it when out.

• Thinking
Reactions: TenaciousDL, 247, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
I use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Covers for both my MEGAMAX diapers and for my cloth, pre-folded, daytime weight diapers!

Their long life, comfort and abilities catch a retain small leaks is my reasons.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and Lethdale
safaridaze said:
I dont as I do not understand how it is more secure. I would like to if it was.... Do you wear an absorbant pair of boxers over the diaper and under the plastic pants? In that case, I can see it sucking up leaks and the plastic keeping it from wicking thru. Otherwise, it seems any leak will also leak thru the plastic as there is nothing to absorb it.

Curious how your experience has been - I just never tried it. It also seems a diaper, a pair of boxers, a plastic cover, start to get soo thick there is no way to hide it when out.
No, just diaper and overpants.
I feel they hold the diaper nicely too and I like that, and if wearing nappies can be made tolerable in any way, I feel that's a boon.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Covers
Are these absorbent? Otherwise it seems you have liquid in-between t pieces of plastic, it will just leak out. Or I am just to little to understand!! LOL

Reactions: TenaciousDL, 247, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Covers for both my MEGAMAX diapers and for my cloth, pre-folded, daytime weight diapers!

Their long life, comfort and abilities catch a retain small leaks is my reasons.
Thanks for the tip. 🙏
Unfortunately, it seems they don't ship to the UK...☹️

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and Edgewater
safaridaze said:
Are these absorbent? Otherwise it seems you have liquid in-between t pieces of plastic, it will just leak out. Or I am just to little to understand!! LOL
The produce has two surfaces! and inter-surface that comes in contact with the disposable or cloth diaper and has limited by some ability to hold leaks 'or' help transfer urine to other areas with cloth diapers. The outer surface is very smooth and allows one outer clothing to slide over ones diapered area.

Diaper Covers are used as an outer-shell to cover the diaper as the reality is: All diapers can and will leak, commonly at the worst possible moment.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Seasonedcitizen and Lethdale
safaridaze said:
They can catch very small leaks. You might sit down and say, oh, that felt really wet I wonder if I should change. You go to the change and find that sitting caused a little to leak into the cover but all your clothes are still dry. Without the cover, you would've ended up with a bit of moisture on your clothes but with it, you can just use a bit of paper towel to wipe out the inside of the cover.

I mainly wear for night and will often find a bit of moisture has escaped my megamax but caught by my diaper cover.

Reactions: JR1, Angelapinks, 247 and 3 others
KechoDrips said:
They can catch very small leaks. You might sit down and say, oh, that felt really wet I wonder if I should change. You go to the change and find that sitting caused a little to leak into the cover but all your clothes are still dry. Without the cover, you would've ended up with a bit of moisture on your clothes but with it, you can just use a bit of paper towel to wipe out the inside of the cover.

I mainly wear for night and will often find a bit of moisture has escaped my megamax but caught by my diaper cover.
Yes, and just that extra wee (🤣) piece of mind can make all the difference if one is wearing diapers out and about.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BabyLouise and DiaperedJeff
Lethdale said:
Thanks for the tip. 🙏
Unfortunately, it seems they don't ship to the UK...☹️

The combination of your VAT tax, Import tax, sales tax and shipping costs just makes it unrealistic!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Lethdale
safaridaze said:

I often wear boxer briefs over my nappy and under my plastic pants at night. Nappy leaks are very, very rare, but if they do happen the boxer briefs absorb any dampness and it is contained within the plastic pants.

I would rather wet my pants than wet the bed!

Reactions: Angelapinks, jdinvirginia, DiaperedJeff and 4 others
Generally I wear cloth prefolds with plastic pants and Snappis or Contour ll’s with plastic pants and Snappis. If the logistics of returning used diapers for laundry makes disposables preferable then in certain situations I will wear InControl Elites, Abena M-4s, or MegaMax, all plastic backed and all worn with plastic pants. I prefer the snug, PEVA plastic pants for wear over disposables and a 4 mil pant like the Gary pants from Protex Medical, with either exposed or enclosed elastics, over my prefolds or contours. As far back as I can remember I’ve had an affinity for plastic pants, likely from when my mom was putting them over my cloth flats in the mid ‘50s, and they’re the one thing that helped me accept having to wear containment 24/7 due to dual incontinence. They’re helpful in containing odors when worn over cloth or disposables, especially when dealing with bowel ic.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
I use Gray Plastic pants over my diaper weather it is cloth or disposables.

Also Being a baby in the sixties "Nothing says I am finished diapering you" like a pair of plastic Pants.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Zeke, Edgewater and 1 other person
Zeke said:
Generally I wear cloth prefolds with plastic pants and Snappis or Contour ll’s with plastic pants and Snappis. If the logistics of returning used diapers for laundry makes disposables preferable then in certain situations I will wear InControl Elites, Abena M-4s, or MegaMax, all plastic backed and all worn with plastic pants. I prefer the snug, PEVA plastic pants for wear over disposables and a 4 mil pant like the Gary pants from Protex Medical, with either exposed or enclosed elastics, over my prefolds or contours. As far back as I can remember I’ve had an affinity for plastic pants, likely from when my mom was putting them over my cloth flats in the mid ‘50s, and they’re the one thing that helped me accept having to wear containment 24/7 due to dual incontinence. They’re helpful in containing odors when worn over cloth or disposables, especially when dealing with bowel ic.
Thank you. I intend to purchase some Gary pants 😃👍🏻

Reactions: Angelapinks, Zeke, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
safaridaze said:

i have 2 cupboards full of plastic pants, if you happen to leak out of a nappy, most times the plastic pants will stop it

Reactions: BillSpeed, Brumas94, Angelapinks and 3 others
Since we’ve incorporated cloth disposables into my wearing I’ve found wearing plastic pants more useful then just for the feel and look.
I like to max out my nappies and I find that ABU Little Kings weep a little before full capacity or leaking point, so the pp I have on are always slightly damp in the seat area.

I have a lot of pairs of plastic pants, most are for show than being functional, but the best ones I have (for handling leaks) are from Kins and Halan.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Trina, Edgewater and 1 other person
I wear “Tuffy” plastic pants from Babykins that are 6mil thick and available in white, pink, blue, and yellow. They are the same as their standard plastic pant but have wider cloth elastic at the waist and leg openings. Super comfy. I buy 4 pair at a time ($25 each) to get free shipping. Way more durable than the 4 or 7mil plastic pants from Gary sold by Changing Times. I’ve had a pair of Tuffy pants last almost one year, washing by hand and line drying.

• Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks and Lethdale
I always loved the adult sized Gerber ones. They were so well made and covered diapers perfectly. I have several pairs but are pretty old now . Wish they were still around.

Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, Edgewater and 1 other person
Lethdale said:
Yes, and just that extra wee (🤣) piece of mind can make all the difference if one is wearing diapers out and about.
That’s exactly why I wear them. And they feel good too!

Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back