Plane bathroom experience and question

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I came home from my trip today and managed to judge the amount of diapers needed very well! I had just enough plus one spare which I brought on the plane. The flight was quite long and I ended up needing it as my diaper was ready to be changed half way through the flight. I thought I could wait it out but then I needed to wet so instead of leaking and wetting my pants I headed off to the toilet with my diaper. Never underestimate the smallness of a airplane bathroom! It was a struggle to say the least but I managed to change into a fresh one and relive myself. I also had a minor heart attack when I thought I’d have to carry it back with me in my pouch thing but then I saw the sanitary bin. Went back to my seat, watched a movie, arrived and I’m now at home in the same diaper about to change and go to bed. Anyone else find the bathrooms impossible to change in? Super hard for me and can’t imagine what it’s like changing messy!

Thank goodness they have sanitary bins that are large enough for adult diapers, I suppose with babies on board they cannot expect parents to keep poopy diapers in their bags for a 2 or 10 hr flight.

And ya, them washrooms be tiny!!! ✈

Stand up changing seems to be the best course off action, I've found, while on a plane.

I flew so many times but to be honest I never flew wearing a diaper yet. I mostly fly international and usually have one connecting flight and the first flight is a 10+h flight. It's 24h trip from my door to my family's door. When I was a kid I really liked flying! But as I grew older I started to hate it more and more and just feel so uncomfortable. I will feel upset to my stomach one day before I fly and on the day I have to fly I will have to go #2 many a couple of times. I think it is just to much stress on me...
I don't know if I could be comfortable wearing a diaper flying. It is so uncomfortable to just sit in the plane for over 10+ hours. I have long legs and every position is uncomfortable for me. Also I fly dressed wearing a pair of jeans, t-shirt and a sweater jacket. I know jogging pants would probably be more comfy but that is not my style.
So the people that do wear flying, do you wear a thick diaper or a thinner diaper? And what if your diaper would leak?! I mean I would just die tapping the person next to me on the shoulder -so I can get up to go to the bathroom. Now imagine your jeans are all wet and the seat as well. How embarising would that be?

The fist time I flew diapered was last year. Put one on in Tokyo Haneda and made it to Vancouver B.C. without using it. But I was able to sleep a bit. Usually I can't sleep on an airplane.
I think I would be able to change ok in the toilet as I always do it standing. BTW the toilets in Japan are the best.

I have never needed to change in the middle of a flight

Though I did stand up, wet, and leak from a previously unused Diaper because I sat down the whole time and the Diaper got compressed so it didn't absorb properly when I got up and Peed

And yeah, I have been in those bathrooms before, smallest bathrooms ever

Last edited:
When I travel overseas I wear a high SAP disposable (M4 or Rearz). I usually do not need a diaper but sometimes I sleep deep enough that I wake up being on the edge of having to go and a few times I had some wet marks in my underwear already when I woke up. Something about flying does this to me so as a precaution on long flights I fly padded. One flight did not go as expected as after 6 hours I just woke up and had to go so I just let loose in my diaper. No big deal but 2 hours later I had to go again and instead of landing the pilot said we had to circle for about 45 minutes. After thinking about it for 30 minutes I let go again to take out the discomfort but I could tell that I was going a lot than I estiamted. Go forward the last 30 minutes and the pilot says we had an additional 30 minutes to circle and I know I had to make a quick decision as I was very soaked.

So I got up and went to my bag overhead and pulled out my spare Rearz (it was in a plastic bag) and headed to the restroom. A lot of other people had the same idea and I was about 6 people back in line holding a plastic bag and wearing a bulky wet diaper. I think several folks probably knew what I was carrying but it was the changing in the small bathroom and the loud sound of the tape pulling off the diaper that I knew the first person outside the door that probably heard it. I had to accept the situation and tape on my other diaper but I just folded up the wet diaper and put it in the plastic bag and took it back with me to my main bag and zipped it in. In the end I learned about changing my diaper in an airplane small bathroom and diaper management very quickly. When I think about it I was probably one of several that flight that changed their diaper so embarrassment passed quickly.

I'll probably have to fly next week and since I've been in diapers 24/7 for 5 days now, I don't trust myself even if it's "just" an 4h flight

Reactions: Pika123
I've flown diapered between the US and Europe and one thing I absolutely avoid is
using diapers with a landing zone, since the tapes will be super loud when being
pulled off during a change.

My diaper of choice is BetterDry. Individual tapes make for a much quieter change
and nobody ever noticed.

Best thing is always on the US side, where I have to go through immigration with
hundreds of other visitors due to only having a work visa.
Everybody scrambles for the bathrooms, except for me.
Those BetterDry have never once let me down, neither absorption-wise
nor did I ever have any tapes come undone. And their plastic backing is thick
enough to be durable and quiet, which on the airplane is not an issue anyway
since nobody ever will hear the crinkling from the plastic foil.

Putting the diaper on or changing in an airplane lavatory has never been
a problem for me.
I don't put the diaper on until after the meal on the airplane.
I grab my jogging pants and inside one of the pants' legs I stash the
diaper.
That has been working quite well for me in either direction.

Changing or getting out of the diaper in europe is easy too, since
the bathroom there are not just stalls like in the US, they are actual
separate rooms with plenty of space to move around and take care
of the diapering business...

Reactions: TyphaHare and LilPawz
Vegas to Baltimore 4 1/2 hr flight waited on plane for 30 mins for passenger to get on plane wound up changing in bathroom. It was a pain to change in it what I did was attach bottom tapes pull it up and attach top tapes kind of like putting on underwear. Couldn’t remove pants had to do it like that

I did fly diapered on my last flights. First try was from Germany to Ireland. Put on diapers after security check and removed it before meeting friends at the airport. No change needed during flight. Then I wore diapers several times for long distance to and from north and Central America. First time I also got diapered after security. I had to change my better dry during flight on the toilet. It did work better than expected. I changed standing up. I realy had to push the used diapers through hole of the bin because it was quite small in diameter. I waited for a moment when nobody was waiting at the toilets to get changed. While switching the planes and also on my latest flights I went diapers though security. However I kept the dialer dry and started wetting after security. I think flying diapered is much more relaxing and fun for me.

Over the years, I’ve needed to change my diaper during a long flight on a couple of occasions. The process of changing my diaper in the confines of a tiny airplane bathroom was tedious but not too bad. The bigger problem was disposing of my wet diaper. Once I barely managed to get the used diaper into the waste disposal bin. But on another occasion, the disposal bin was already jammed full. So I had to carry the wet diaper back to my seat, get my suitcase down from the overhead compartment and stash the wet diaper in the suitcase. That was one of the most embarrassing diaper-related situations that I’ve ever experienced.

From my experience I learned that the type of diaper you have on depends on the changing process at least for me. I don’t wear pull ups often but when my friend changed me I would have to take my pants all the way off on the changing table. The diapers I mostly wear are pampers and I can’t keep my pants still on by my feet. I got to say I enjoy the most about wearing diapers is diaper changes and especially when I have someone else to change me. I’ve been changed on couches, the floor and my bed at home but I’m public I’ve had my diaper changed on the changing table.. in the car. I really don’t get embarrassed when someone see me getting changed or when I’m public. I am under 4ft and 85lbs and my friend is taller thank me so I think I get the best experience when I’m getting my diapers changed.

Diapers3451 said:
From my experience I learned that the type of diaper you have on depends on the changing process at least for me. I don’t wear pull ups often but when my friend changed me I would have to take my pants all the way off on the changing table. The diapers I mostly wear are pampers and I can’t keep my pants still on by my feet. I got to say I enjoy the most about wearing diapers is diaper changes and especially when I have someone else to change me. I’ve been changed on couches, the floor and my bed at home but I’m public I’ve had my diaper changed on the changing table.. in the car. I really don’t get embarrassed when someone see me getting changed or when I’m public. I am under 4ft and 85lbs and my friend is taller thank me so I think I get the best experience when I’m getting my diapers changed.
You’re under 4ft and 85 lbs? Are you an adult? Only over 18s are allowed here.

pgfdp said:
You’re under 4ft and 85 lbs? Are you an adult? Only over 18s are allowed here.
He said he was 24 in another post so yes he’s an Adult

Back