Petition for more clothbacked.

Omg yes. I'm a young ABDL (born in 2000) and I have never seen a plastic backed baby diaper irl. I asociate plastic with adult incontinence products, not baby nappies. Obviously there are a lot more older ABDL's than there are younger (i've noticed the average age is about 25-60). I don't know many around my age. But still, it would be nice to see more cloth backed products, especially for the growing younger population of littles and ABDLs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think an adult nappy designed exactly like a modern Pampers' would be perfect. Pampers are extremely absorbant for their size, heck they hold almost as much as some adult medical diapers. If a company could take that absorbancy per cm2 ratio and scale it up it would be amazing. I love the way they start of thin and swell so much as they get wet, they fill out so much over a use. The main problem with adult cloth backs is that they are designed and built so differently to the baby ones. Obviously the shape has to be different - but they sould be constructed in the same way with the same materials - it would be perfect

Reactions: Lyokodl
The Abuniverse cloth backed Cushies... were the A number 1, top of the heap, king of the hill diaper. They had 1 tape on each side resembling the hook and loop tapes of pampers modern baby diapers that are completely cloth. They were functional, comfortable, BABYISH and scented. I will NEVER understand why Casey ever discontinued those diapers... I’m a 90s baby and remember sneaking the pampers that super dry kids were modeled after.. even with the nostalgia connected to sdk’s... clothback cushies were MY diapers after I tried them. To each their own. I like plastic but it was nice to have a variety. I pity anyone who missed the chance to try them and I’m sickened by the abomination they call preschools which are a very poor replacement IN MY OPINION. Abuniverse is an AWESOME company don’t get me wrong and Kiddos are superb! They just missed the choo choo with me on discontinuing cloth back cushies. They’re still mommy and mines favy store though.

Mariofan64 said:
The Abuniverse cloth backed Cushies... were the A number 1, top of the heap, king of the hill diaper. They had 1 tape on each side resembling the hook and loop tapes of pampers modern baby diapers that are completely cloth. They were functional, comfortable, BABYISH and scented. I will NEVER understand why Casey ever discontinued those diapers... I’m a 90s baby and remember sneaking the pampers that super dry kids were modeled after.. even with the nostalgia connected to sdk’s... clothback cushies were MY diapers after I tried them. To each their own. I like plastic but it was nice to have a variety. I pity anyone who missed the chance to try them and I’m sickened by the abomination they call preschools which are a very poor replacement IN MY OPINION. Abuniverse is an AWESOME company don’t get me wrong and Kiddos are superb! They just missed the choo choo with me on discontinuing cloth back cushies. They’re still mommy and mines favy store though.

The cloth cushies looked amazing. Unfortunately they were discontinued before I was old enough to discover the community :(

Well, considering ABU Preschools are designed to be their "Entry Model ABDL Diaper" and is cheaper than everything else on their site I wouldn't expect it to be as good as the Cushies, I believe it is well within the realm of possibilities to make good Cloth Backed Adult Diapers, but it probably wont happen anytime soon because too many of us are dead set against them because of the many that absolutely suck.

That said many seem to like Tykables Diapers, which are kind of a Hybrid Plastic/Cloth backed Adult diaper, so idk why fully cloth backed being any good is considered such a huge jump.

Put me in the LESS cloth back diapers category. For every reason mentioned above.

I like the feel of cloth backed for home use but man I just can't argue with the comfort and odor control of plastic for anywhere else.

CBs can be a refreshing change of pace once in a while, I would like it if they brought back the pre-2015 Cushies.

This baby girl loves plastic-backed diapers...for vintage, all-around performance, crinkle and feel. I love my 'Pampers', don't change my diaper! 🤭

Reactions: Osthagen and Lyokodl
Seeing as a lot a hate cloth is kinda a bummer..I’m young 22 and hoping we move towards cloth, as I feel it would advance the current cloth diapers towards a more modern fit, the baby cloth diapers are outstanding. I’m all in with the ban of single use plastic here in Canada, though I’m sure diapers will be exempt (sure wasn’t the case in other countries) it might just push the current adult diapers forward.

They may be good at protecting, but
1. Plastic diapers are a huge waste
2. Un necessary amount of absorption diapers are meant to be change multiple times sitting in you’re own piss all the time is not good.
3. They ugly
4. The plastic smells
5. They just are highly unattractive to me.

It’s all just my opinion, but you have to agree plastic won’t be the future, heck disposables might not be either.

Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet
People prefer choices and are highly resistant to those who oppose that. That is one thing you must come to understand. People who think in the manner you seem to project are seen as controlling. Nobody likes that.

It doesn't matter if you wear a disposable or cloth, you will be "sitting in your own piss" until changing time. Disposables are simply better at keeping skin dry. Have you ever worn, wet and sat in a cloth diaper? I have...and it wasn't fun. I made three fitted cloth diapers which used foldable cloth inserts, pinned an extra-thick one on, put on plastic pants and wet it...it was not fun: whether you stood, walked, sat, laid down, you were always soggy. If sitting in one's own pee was bad, doing so in a cloth diaper was exponentially worse. And pre-soaking & washing was no Sunday chore, for sure.

The worst thing you can do in life is to impose or threaten others' choices...or the ability to choose, period. You can do one of two things: you can either get in others' way with your convictions...or you can offer a better way.

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl and 12srepaid
BobbiSueEllen said:
People prefer choices and are highly resistant to those who oppose that. That is one thing you must come to understand. People who think in the manner you seem to project are seen as controlling. Nobody likes that.

It doesn't matter if you wear a disposable or cloth, you will be "sitting in your own piss" until changing time. Disposables are simply better at keeping skin dry. Have you ever worn, wet and sat in a cloth diaper? I have...and it wasn't fun. I made three fitted cloth diapers which used foldable cloth inserts, pinned an extra-thick one on, put on plastic pants and wet it...it was not fun: whether you stood, walked, sat, laid down, you were always soggy. If sitting in one's own pee was bad, doing so in a cloth diaper was exponentially worse. And pre-soaking & washing was no Sunday chore, for sure.

The worst thing you can do in life is to impose or threaten others' choices...or the ability to choose, period. You can do one of two things: you can either get in others' way with your convictions...or you can offer a better way.

Opinions...yet you are hella triggered. I’m just voicing how I feel, BUT NO I’m getting in your way..feels like you’re trying to be controlling. #KarengonnabeKaren

Last edited:
Fbiopenup21 said:
Opinions...yet you are hella triggered. I’m just voicing how I feel, BUT NO I’m getting in your way..feels like you’re trying to be controlling. #KarengonnabeKaren
Why the hate?

Reactions: 12srepaid
BobbiSueEllen said:
Why the hate?
BobbiSueEllen said:

Last edited:
Why the passive aggressive attack towards my post.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Zealotry is a terrible thing. You judge me as being 'triggered', yet it seems you got triggered...and I didn't even set out to do that. Nice touch with the 'Karen' insult, by the way.

You've got some considerable learning to do...hope it's not too late when you get there. Take that advice from a former zealot who finally got the hint. And good luck...farewell.

P.S. -- It wasn't a 'passive-aggressive attack'...it was a direct challenge. Please end the martyr approach.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12srepaid and Fbiopenup21
BobbiSueEllen said:
Zealotry is a terrible thing. You judge me as being 'triggered', yet it seems you got triggered...and I didn't even set out to do that. Nice touch with the 'Karen' insult, by the way.

You've got some considerable learning to do...hope it's not too late when you get there. Take that advice from a former zealot who finally got the hint. And good luck...farewell.
Solid, far from trigger mostly 😂

Last edited:
The market rules. If there is a profitable line of cloth backed abdl diapers, they will make them. Personally I have worn pull-ups, plastic backed, washable cloth, pads, maxi pads, cloth backed disposables, and belted undergarments. Plastic backed disposals are the best and washable cloth diapers are the second best in my opinion. Cloth backed disposables are #3 on my list. I find cloth backed disposals sag way too much, even when they are dry. There was one that was decent though. It may have been Tena who made cloth backed ones that with a plastic landing zone. Don’t really remember which one though.

2012Stroke said:
The market rules. If there is a profitable line of cloth backed abdl diapers, they will make them. Personally I have worn pull-ups, plastic backed, washable cloth, pads, maxi pads, cloth backed disposables, and belted undergarments. Plastic backed disposals are the best and washable cloth diapers are the second best in my opinion. Cloth backed disposables are #3 on my list. I find cloth backed disposals sag way too much, even when they are dry. There was one that was decent though. It may have been Tena who made cloth backed ones that with a plastic landing zone. Don’t really remember which one though.
Yes exactly, life’s moving on and the market sadly, but for the better is the moving forward, sustainable is good right?

I do like the tena plastic back diapers they are good, but since they are imported into Canada they are quite expensive.

Last edited:
Personally washable cloth diapers are great, but the maintenance of them is a pain in the ass. And more noticeable under normal clothing.

Years back I was unhappy when all the adult diapers were going cloth backed in the 2000s....seemed all the plastic options were disappearing. Some even said by decades end(2009) all diapers would be cloth like..So was the case with all baby and youth diapers. So as the 2010s came on there was an increase in such a choice of ABDL diapers and yes most plastic backed. So it was great to see. So I can see a petition to maybe have the ABDL companies also have a some more cloth versions but its not a petition to have LESS plastic ones . But for me I love plastic diapers and not so concerned if there ore cloth or not.

Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
Back