People wanna be praised for cheating dont they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always find it funny when people come up with super petty insults because something you have stated runs them wrong way

Its especially funny when you dont even say or do anything wrong

Why is this under "Gaming" you may ask?

I saw this article recently stating that Pokemon Sword and Shield Players have taken to purposely disconnecting themselves from online competitive modes when they know they are gonna lose, and if they are caught doing it they can face a Permanent Ban

I say serves them right if they get caught and permanently banned and I will join in on the ridicule if I see people complaining about being caught and banned

I made a post on Reddit (knowing full well how Toxic Reddit is) and of course I get downvotes (it's a throwaway Account, so IDC and I can get more upvotes because I know what kind of stuff to post where)

Likely from people that wanna feel justified in cheating the system so their Losses dont register and it looks like they are better at Gaming than they actually are.

I kinda feel like this is sad and a symptom of "Participation Trophies" and I am not gonna Stroke someone's Ego and call them a genius for abusing a glitch to appear impressive and never have a loss on their record

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DiaperedDiscreetly
I get doing this, I've never gotten into competitive battling, but that just seems childish. Like I'd see no losses as a red flag, if anything honestly

Some parts of Sw/Sh though are so stupid that I can see why people have cheated. Like the spawn chances for some gigantamax pokemon are absurdly low without relying on events. Like I wanted gmax Copperajah, and its a 5% chance for a rare den, plus another 5% after that just to find it. Like... really gamefreak? And what happens if the ability isnt what you want? That would drive me mad.

Binky14 said:
I get doing this, I've never gotten into competitive battling, but that just seems childish. Like I'd see no losses as a red flag, if anything honestly

Some parts of Sw/Sh though are so stupid that I can see why people have cheated. Like the spawn chances for some gigantamax pokemon are absurdly low without relying on events. Like I wanted gmax Copperajah, and its a 5% chance for a rare den, plus another 5% after that just to find it. Like... really gamefreak? And what happens if the ability isnt what you want? That would drive me mad.

It doesn't bother me as much if someone is cheating offline and in ways that only effect them

When they take it online and it effects others, that is absolutely no good

That is not only somebody cheating themselves, but they are also cheating other people and ruining the experience

Nobody wants to play Competitive and be unable to finish a match VS a rotten cheater that wont let it register a loss so they disconnect themselves and rob others of those wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back