Pelvic Floor Therapy Anyone?

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My urologist started me on a quick release Oxybutynin before bed to see if that along with some habit changes will help keep my nighttime dry. Already taking Fesoterodine in AM.
They made me appointment to start pelvic floor therapy. Anyone done this? Curious about what they all do and anyone’s results after a few sessions?

Reactions: Diprs2
Reactions: Diprs2 and iatec779
I’ve done many sessions of pelvic floor physical therapy. My problem is my pelvic floor is too tight. This is harder to correct then someone with a weak pelvic floor. I recommend that everybody go. It was a good learning experience for me and really helps some people, I don’t think the sessions really help me but at least I have a better understanding of what’s going on now.

It's definitely worth a shot.

I was sent to pf therapy when my bladder really started revolting years ago. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and now I'm in diapers full time.

I've had oab for over 20 years that just got worse and worse as I aged and now a pelvic floor that's 80% frozen, so there's not much to fix my kind of broken.

I had a radical prostatectomy and was told by the surgeon to do these exercises. I am sure they work for most people but as I was inco before the operation I was told I would always be incontinent, not that I did not try them. I have found that Pilates is the best exercise I can do. It strengthens the core muscles and has reduced my back pain and made me generally stronger. I have regained a modicum of control and I put it down to pilates More than PFExercises.

Reactions: Diprs2, iatec779 and mickdl
Back