PeekABU Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinod said:
The tape panel is just half of the problem. The other half of the issue is the diaper is two inches shorter and two inches narrower than their regular diapers. The top tapes need to move out an inch each, but they also really need to move up an inch, and I normally attach my top tapes right at the top of the tape panel. Them having moved the tape panel DOWN an inch just makes it worse.

The lower tapes are also a problem for a very different reason. There, the tapes are both lower AND shorter so they can't really make it to the front where I normally attach them. I tried different methods and gave up on "taping in", and have changed to "taping down and around". I'm basically taping around my legs now instead of in toward the middle, and the fit is much more comfortable. The diaper sill rides a lot lower than I'd like it to, but isn't pulled too tight to my body and I can still get good drainage in the crotch. Looking on the bright side, I am actually attaching to the very lower outer edge of the tape panel - which wouldn't BE there if they hadn't moved it down. So I guess... that's a good thing?

I took off my peekabu this morning to survey where the tapes were at and was shocked to see how far the lowers had been moved out. I may take a few pics to show others an alternative way to fit them.

On an unrelated note, I didn't manage to wet any of the back of my diaper overnight, but then again I didn't think I'd drank that much before bed. This didn't surprise me until I went to change in the morning, and dear lord that diaper was heavy! The capacity has really increased a lot. It was only then that I realized just how much they had swollen up overnight.

Unless ABU has choice of the manufacturer's cutting dies for the padding and shell, there's no chance we'll see them adjust the sizes. So we just have to get used to it I guess.

I'm not a fan of the cut. I am about the same size, and other abu products fit great. but the peekabu and the barebum do not. I'm not a fan for the price of them being so high, I won't be ordering them again. Glad I only got 1 bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back