Pee Dreams, How Frequent to Worry?

mattyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was a frequent bed wetter as a kid, more days a week than not, I woke up wet. I have had pee dreams once every year or two where you wake up thinking you are peeing in toilet but you wet the bed. Been having it increase to at least once a month now. Just hit 40 years old. At what point should I be worried? I’m a DL likely from all the bed wetting as a kid, so I do have diapers and am not afraid to wear. But am concerned that I may not have a choice at some point.

Reactions: Zeke, Angelapinks, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
199sna.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: mickdl, Deleted member 56273, CodeQrisis and 9 others
mattyd said:
I was a frequent bed wetter as a kid, more days a week than not, I woke up wet. I have had pee dreams once every year or two where you wake up thinking you are peeing in toilet but you wet the bed. Been having it increase to at least once a month now. Just hit 40 years old. At what point should I be worried? I’m a DL likely from all the bed wetting as a kid, so I do have diapers and am not afraid to wear. But am concerned that I may not have a choice at some point.
I have a lot of dreams like that but in my dreams I am actually peeing into urinal or a toilet. But when i think i am done in my dream i have to go again and I usually start getting a wet sensation in my dream. Once or twice out of ten times i will start wetting the bed before I wake up. I am a D/L but I tend to wear a diaper at night so I don’t wake up in a puddle.

Reactions: theancientmariner, DLPeakOut, Diprs2 and 1 other person
It’s pretty much always a toliet I’m peeing in the dream. I tried searching around, some say it could be because of being extra tired. I guess I may need to record when this happens and characteristics to see what caused it. The last episode was a very late night compared to normal.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and Diprs2
I've had several dreams over the years where I had to pee in various/wierd places. In the street, in the corner of a living room, down into the basement through a hole in the floor. Only after I became U-IC, did there begin to be a consequence to these dream events.

Reactions: Pino, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
my pee dreams were finding myself on main street no cloths on, I would run into the nearby store into the restroom and tell myself I am here I might as well pee, one time I was In the woods and I saw myself peeing and watching as I shot my pee up and down over a hill.

• Wow
Reactions: Ali123 and Diprs2
Two or three times per year for me on this one. Very thankfully, it never happened before I started wearing diapers due to urge IC, so it’s really a non-issue for me.

Reactions: DLPeakOut
Amazingly enough, I've had dreams in which I pee copiously and more than once in the dream - and awakened to find that I didn't pee in my sleep at all, despite it having been safe to do so because I never go to bed without at least a really absorbent pull-up. I thought it was really strange.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574, theancientmariner and Diprs2
slimjiminy said:
I've had several dreams over the years where I had to pee in various/wierd places. In the street, in the corner of a living room, down into the basement through a hole in the floor. Only after I became U-IC, did there begin to be a consequence to these dream events.
It is the same for me, no problems with that kind of dreams until i got incontinent. Happens rarely, but when, yeah, not that good, because i do not wear in the night and wake up in time usually.

What happens more often is some kind of sleep paralysis, i am awake, not able to move, my bladder spasms and finally i will wet most times, this is only when i am in a hard crash from ME, i know that before i lay down, of course protected in that moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diprs2
Pino said:
What happens more often is some kind of sleep paralysis, i am awake, not able to move, my bladder spasms and finally i will wet most times, this is only when i am in a hard crash from ME, i know that before i lay down, of course protected in that moment.
Weird that.

I am DL and wear diapers when i am in the mood to bed. I will usually always wear a pair of plastic pants with an absorbant purpose towel to be safe. I dont often wet involuntary but sbould it happen i can avoid a wet bed.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diprs2
AttilaThePun said:
Amazingly enough, I've had dreams in which I pee copiously and more than once in the dream - and awakened to find that I didn't pee in my sleep at all, despite it having been safe to do so because I never go to bed without at least a really absorbent pull-up. I thought it was really strange.
That is strange. Something to think about. If you're always padded, you should've been comfortable enough to go, but you didn't.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
slimjiminy said:
Weird that.
It is, when i told my doctors about it, i got strange looks, but when i asked the ME community it seems to be really common, and some, even they are not officially incontinent, use diapers to deal with it. Many more use them because of a nearly complete lost to be able to move at any time at all, that are the very severe cases. I am "only" moderate, but the sleep paralysis, like i call it, happens to all stages, as far as i can tell.

theancientmariner said:
That is strange. Something to think about. If you're always padded, you should've been comfortable enough to go, but you didn't.
Since I had to accept that my U-IC had progressed to the point where I needed more than a belted shield, I've started "testing" which pull- ups or diapers work best for me, and it hasn't been that long ago. I suspect that's mostly the reason. If I'm deeply asleep, I pee without knowing at the time. Other times while asleep I am dimly aware that I'm peeing, but too asleep to do anything about it, or care. If I'm awake, I'm reluctant to just go in the pull-up if I can reasonably get to the bathroom. I think *that* is at least partly to spare expense! I do wear PUL GaryWear, and sleep on a washable underpad, so in case there is any leakage (I sleep on my side) it's of no great consequence.

Pino said:
It is, when i told my doctors about it, i got strange looks, but when i asked the ME community it seems to be really common, and some, even they are not officially incontinent, use diapers to deal with it. Many more use them because of a nearly complete lost to be able to move at any time at all, that are the very severe cases. I am "only" moderate, but the sleep paralysis, like i call it, happens to all stages, as far as i can tell.
Seems more than reasonable to use precautionary diapers if one chooses to do so! I think people should do what works for them personally.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
AttilaThePun said:
Since I had to accept that my U-IC had progressed to the point where I needed more than a belted shield, I've started "testing" which pull- ups or diapers work best for me, and it hasn't been that long ago. I suspect that's mostly the reason. If I'm deeply asleep, I pee without knowing at the time. Other times while asleep I am dimly aware that I'm peeing, but too asleep to do anything about it, or care. If I'm awake, I'm reluctant to just go in the pull-up if I can reasonably get to the bathroom. I think *that* is at least partly to spare expense! I do wear PUL GaryWear, and sleep on a washable underpad, so in case there is any leakage (I sleep on my side) it's of no great consequence.
That's where I learned a lesson from my mistake. I relaxed myself and went in my pullup a few mornings ago, and it turned out to be a sense of false protection. You can't rely on them. You need a tape on diaper if you're to ensure leaks don't occur. I use Garywear plastic pants too, but don't use them too much. If you're U-IC, you shouldn't rely on any pullup.

mattyd said:
The very few times I had that happen I was also wetting the bed. Jumped out of bed and got very dizzy but by that time the bedding and myself were soaked. After the second or third time I started wearing a night diaper and never wet the bed again but my diaper is totally soaked in the morning. When I mentioned it to my Urologist he asked why I wanted to wear something like tha and I pretty much told him my blood pressure is usually high and I hate getting dizzy standing too fast. I told him when you are wetting yourself and the bed at night in your sleep you move fast the minute you feel it happening. I never mentioned it again as he just wanted to ore pills for me.

I would say dreams where I pee, need to pee but don’t, or am wearing/using a diaper are not uncommon…at least once a month. Only twice, though, has one led to wetting IRL. Once was about 6 years ago during a really stressful period at work where we were involved in a lawsuit from a former partner company. The second was this past summer when work was very busy for both me and my wife on top of dealing with medical issues with aging parents. Both times I had been having disturbed sleep -vivid dreams and waking up in the middle of the night badly needing to pee- several nights before the incident. On the nights I wet, the dreams were extra vivid and intense, and I woke up just as I started peeing, so just had wet boxers and no more than a small damp patch on the bottom sheet. Given the unusual circumstances and stress surrounding both incidents, I’m not worried they aren’t isolated, one-off aberrations, but when I do have a pee dream, I’m always a little nervous.

theancientmariner said:
That's where I learned a lesson from my mistake. I relaxed myself and went in my pullup a few mornings ago, and it turned out to be a sense of false protection. You can't rely on them. You need a tape on diaper if you're to ensure leaks don't occur. I use Garywear plastic pants too, but don't use them too much. If you're U-IC, you shouldn't rely on any pullup.
I choose whether to wear a heavy-absorbency pull-up or an Abri-Form level 4 tab diaper when I get ready for sleep overnight. If I strongly suspect that I will be needing to get up to have a BM relatively soon after I lie down for the night, or if I'm having a bout of the runs, I opt for the pull-up. If not, I "seal myself in" with an Abri-Form. Either way, I wear a GaryWear Active Brief over whichever type of product I've chosen.

Reactions: theancientmariner
Back