PC or PS4 or Xbox?

PapaBear001 said:
A modder changes a product or service for fun and technical experience. Hackers do the same with malicious intent like theft, blackmail or denial of service.
Close....

Modders build & modify PC hardware

Hacker is a generic term for people who tinker with stuff, build, modify, pull apart, reverse-engineer hardware and/or software.

Cracker is/was the preferred term for people who did bad/illegal stuff with computers back in the day, although nowadays (partly because everyone just used "hacker" for both) they use white hat (good) black hat (evil) gray hat (you work it out) hacker.

As for gaming platforms - games peaked with the N64, fight me!

I've still got (working), my PS2/3, and TWO PS4's (one for back-up).
PC Gaming I'm just peeking into, but it seems very, very enticing. All the upgrades and features you can add-on? Simply amazing.
Xbox? Never saw any reason to invest in one, as the games I've got play/work perfectly fine for me.

:)

PC will always be my main gaming system especially for FPS however I don't mind consoles where a controller is comfortable for me. Racing games, some RPG's etc.

In our house we have:
2x gaming PC's
2x xbox 360
1x ps3
2x ps2
1x ps4
2x ps vita
3x psp
4x nintendo 3ds variants (2x new 3ds, new 3ds xl and 2ds xl)
2x switches

We're really unbiased on consoles, just have preference for certain genres being played on what console!

I prefer Xbox but I know PC is more powerful and better in many areas. My thing is I'm not good with computers and a console is just easier for me

Started out by playing Xbox then moved over to PC.

PS4 and PC
Making a PC for every console generation the last two decades has worked pretty good for me.
Im waiting for more official specs from Sony on their PS5 before i commit to something but they already leaked they'll be using a ryzen processor in their units so anyone in that area should be good for a few years PC wise.

PC and PlayStation and Nintendo :cool:

pc

PS2 ?
I have never bought a modern game system, too expensive 💸

I do have a potato PC ... runs Factorio just fine ( up until I have thousands of machines running )

KitsuneFox said:
PS2 ?
I have never bought a modern game system, too expensive 💸

I do have a potato PC ... runs Factorio just fine ( up until I have thousands of machines running )

What do you consider "expensive" ?

There are a lot of functioning PS3s and Xbox 360s on the market (I sell them from time to time, usually for between $40-$60 depending on the games I have with them, controllers, etc)

Even Xbox Ones and PS4s can be had starting at $100ish for a used base model Xbox One, maybe a bit more for a used PS4 or Xbox 1s

Just wait until the next console gen comes out, and these systems will start going even cheaper and cheaper used on the open market

My entire life I've been a devout PC gamer. I don't game much anymore but I have taken to my Nintendo Switch! I enjoy playing original Doom on it!

I like playing Quake 1 and other 90's PC games on PC for nostalgia. I used to play a lot of Counter Strike and Command and Conquer on PC.

Pc for me,

Primarirly PC for me, though I do also own a PS4 and an Xbox360.

Always had a console system of some sort back as far as the NES. Was never really stuck to one side of the whole PlayStation vs Xbox thing, but in recent years I've been gaming solely on an Xbox one that I got day one of the console launch and it's still working fine for me.

I never got hardcore into PC gaming. I did have a desktop for years and now an aging laptop, and while I dabbled in a few games here and there, but I've always been more comfortable gaming on a console.

LstNwf said:
Always had a console system of some sort back as far as the NES. Was never really stuck to one side of the whole PlayStation vs Xbox thing, but in recent years I've been gaming solely on an Xbox one that I got day one of the console launch and it's still working fine for me.

I never got hardcore into PC gaming. I did have a desktop for years and now an aging laptop, and while I dabbled in a few games here and there, but I've always been more comfortable gaming on a console.

Well Xbox competes with PlayStation good as far as how good the systems run, hardware, software, etc.

The biggest difference has been in Game Library, since PlayStation tends to have many more exclusives and if you look at reviews you would tend to see they usually score better as well

That isnt as huge of a thing in recent years though as most games end up going Multi-Platform, so you miss out on less games going with 1 choice over another than you would have 4 or 5 years ago

I agree on the exclusives. Microsoft has taken a lot of flack this generation because of the lack of them but if I'm honest I haven't had much interest in a lot of the PlayStation exclusives aside from the upcoming FF7 remake. I'm annoyed to no end how that's exclusive to Sony yet all recent final fantasy games have been on both consoles.

Xbox has been doing well fleshing out thier gamepass offerings however so it's not all bad. For the cost it is a great pile of games.

BabyTyrant said:
Well Xbox competes with PlayStation good as far as how good the systems run, hardware, software, etc.

The biggest difference has been in Game Library, since PlayStation tends to have many more exclusives and if you look at reviews you would tend to see they usually score better as well

That isnt as huge of a thing in recent years though as most games end up going Multi-Platform, so you miss out on less games going with 1 choice over another than you would have 4 or 5 years ago

LstNwf said:
I agree on the exclusives. Microsoft has taken a lot of flack this generation because of the lack of them but if I'm honest I haven't had much interest in a lot of the PlayStation exclusives aside from the upcoming FF7 remake. I'm annoyed to no end how that's exclusive to Sony yet all recent final fantasy games have been on both consoles.

Xbox has been doing well fleshing out thier gamepass offerings however so it's not all bad. For the cost it is a great pile of games.

I love how people tend to think of PlayStation exclusives as "Typical" like there is a singular Category of games that all PlayStation exclusives fit into; when there is a huge variety and Gaming has evolved a lot from Xbox 360/PS3 days to Xbox One/PS4

For example the newest God of War is way different from the Original Trilogy, and has brought about some nice changes; yet people would see "God of War" and say "Its a "Button Masher" " like it's not a Challenging game when it always has been

Then theres Horizon Zero Dawn, which is easily one of the best Story Driven, Open World RPG ever

Theres also The Last of Us, if people like story driven Zombie Games

And Nier Automata is just a general combat focused game with a compelling story to tell and a lot of variety in customizations to moveset and equipments

I get that taste in games is subjective and varies from person to person; but the common denominator is that Sony exclusives seem to be of a consistent quality and they evolve over time

Whereas I dont see any evolving in the few Xbox exclusives; which is basically down to 3 series now, and the only 1 I am into is Gears of War, but I have been very unimpressed with Gears 4, its basically what they have been doing since Gears 1, only with a different story to it

I just dont see how people can say they want a console with the most good games and then they choose Xbox, which is severely lacking in that category

I mean they have backwards compatibility (I think its only partial, but that would still be better than none) and their streaming service for games is better

I'm mainly on PC now but I used to be on Xbox a couple years ago, I'm glad I'll finally be able to enjoy Halo again now that I can play it on PC lol

PC Master Race. The last time I ever played a console was X360 and won't get one again cause no point when my PC will always be better than any console.

RubberJin said:
Close....

Modders build & modify PC hardware

Hacker is a generic term for people who tinker with stuff, build, modify, pull apart, reverse-engineer hardware and/or software.

Cracker is/was the preferred term for people who did bad/illegal stuff with computers back in the day, although nowadays (partly because everyone just used "hacker" for both) they use white hat (good) black hat (evil) gray hat (you work it out) hacker.

As for gaming platforms - games peaked with the N64, fight me!
You forgot upgrades parts I have taken mostly Laptops and upgrade the CPU GPU RAM SSD or Hard drives.

SgtOddball said:
PC, can't play Star Citizen any other way.
LOL I paid for that game in 2013 and it still in alpha.

Now for PS4 and Xbox, I will not touch them with a 10-foot pole. That pay to play concept is why I never want to own either system and they are not as strong as a PC in Gaming.

Last edited:
Back