LittleSissieJolie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
My dumb a## got a Multi Writer, which was the only 'write an .iso to a thumb drive" utility that actually didn't make an ugly mess with a "unknown filesystem", essentially useful as slingshot ammo. But can be reformatted. So I got my brand (to me) new utility distro finnix.111 and it booted and didn't look bad. except for it eating five distributions and the partition table. Fortunately I hadn't put data on them, just got all installed and Grub. So it's like giving my self a half terabyte drive clean as free as Factory Settings.The fun part is What Partition table should I use? my quad-processor can go 64 bit. even though its intel I can run it as amd64 or ARM emulation.

I got a list, atari, aix, amiga, bsd, dvh, gpt, mac, pc98, sun, loop or msdos. mostly won't support the disk and processor and ram. So I know atari, msdos or loop ain't going to support. I'm going for a stroll so as to not go insane, then come back to it.

I'm confused. What did you do, and what's the problem you're having...?

What's a "Multi Writer"...? Just a program that writes an ISO to flash memory? Have a look at Etcher -- available for Linux and Windows systems. It's very reliable and easy to use.

LittleSissieJolie said:
What Partition table should I use? my quad-processor can go 64 bit. even though its intel I can run it as amd64 or ARM emulation.

I got a list, atari, aix, amiga, bsd, dvh, gpt, mac, pc98, sun, loop or msdos. mostly won't support the disk and processor and ram. So I know atari, msdos or loop ain't going to support. I'm going for a stroll so as to not go insane, then come back to it.

Use msdos. It's the standard one for PCs.

Oh I got it done. GPT. What I tried by asking was to not have to spend a lot of time on experience. the Gnome Multi writer took off the Partition Table. And ate my partitions. I didn't ever have to replace the Partition Table and especially what's compatible with EFI. My MultiWriter was the only on synaptic (knoppix8.2 with 64bit) that didn't throw dependency errors. There's a warning on what little available documentation I had found. But I'm fearless. Some people are afraid of the darkness. The darkness is afraid of ME. The best part was I didn't have anything on the partition that a)costs money or b) not archived elsewhere. oh, and I got my working flash drive. Irony on the hoof, the finnix distro is for repairing other distros.

Last edited:
Oh, GPT! Of course! D'oh -- I'm so used to working with the old BIOS systems I always forget about UEFI and GPT.

Glad you got it sorted, and scared the darkness into submission! :-D

Back