Pampers Size 8 new style tabs don’t stretch anymore

pampers8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to be able to fit into Pampers baby dry size 8 by stretching the tabs, however, they have now changed the tabs so that they don’t stretch anymore, they just snap. I am quite disappointed at that. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Sad
Reactions: JacksonTheGoldenRetriever, DiaperJSS and PullUpsPunzie97
Oh great not even Europe is safe from this new design development! Rest In Peace stretchy sides, you will be missed dearly.

Reactions: pampersguy827 and PullUpsPunzie97
I cant wear a single pampers product anymore without putting staples to prevent the sides from ripping :(, and I am really skinny

Ive been wearing them since the 2000s and only had issues in their last update

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GatoChihuahua
What the HELL is going on with Pampers? I hope the changes are just because of material shortages. I hope parents raise hell against Pampers. :mad:

Reactions: mbta12, JacksonTheGoldenRetriever, Aleksandr1789 and 2 others
12srepaid said:
What the HELL is going on with Pampers? I hope the changes are just because of material shortages. I hope parents raise hell against Pampers. :mad:
Why would they? This won't affect real babies at all.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian, LiLMaus, theancientmariner and 6 others
odd1inSyde said:
Why would they? This won't affect real babies at all.
It'll affect some toddlers, as well as some older children too.

• Angry
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, JacksonTheGoldenRetriever, baliebox4916 and 1 other person
My guess:

Size 8 diapers overlap the minimum sizes of some adult XS / youth sized briefs.. It’s literally the “end of the line and serves that purpose as there’s other more sensible options out there for the target consumer. They probably did this for cost savings because as long as the fit is snug with some slight flex there’s not much reason to have super stretchy tabs to accommodate growth between sizes.

WHAT!!??
I only have one size 8 pampers left. Are you telling me I can't buy them anymore? 😭

Better save my stretchy sided pamps air for special occasion

Devestated

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers, BlameBaby and Angelapinks
These are the same tabs that are on the Sesame Print print Baby Drys I picked up in America. They had a redesign recently, and I haven't seen anyone talk about it (maybe I'll start a new thread about them). They got the same tab treatment.

It's really disappointing, as I used to be able to put on Pampers without any modifications.

My best guess as to why they did this was to reduce costs. That, or it was more comfortable for the intended wearer.

I hope that in the next redesign cycle, we see stretchy sides again. 🤞

Reactions: pampers8
Notably, the new-style tabs make the diaper significantly less saggy for my daughter. (Their intended market)

Reactions: LePew, OmiOMy, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
I bought a 52 pack of pampers size 8 the other week and they still seem to fit me the same as they always have

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
But doesn't the intended market need stretchy too? Not all babies and toddlers are skinny.

I recently bought a pack of Pampers size 8 produced in February 2022 with the new design with rhino and deer and I can still wear them as before. The tabs are just as stretchy as before.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and pedro
12srepaid said:
It'll affect some toddlers, as well as some older children too.
Really think you might be onto something with material shortages, at least I hope it's the case. Stretchy sides are also just more comfortable and offer a better range of movement. Parents need to start railing PG an this though to get the sides back, and while the ball is in their court, even stretchier

Reactions: 12srepaid
If the tabs have to stretch farther than what these new ones allow, the diaper is too small for them anyway.

Well they aren't for adults so......

Just a heads up the new sides are actually a good thing.

The old stretchy sides had to much tension, while the new ones evenly distribute it. This helps prevent sagging and to not cut into your LO's legs as much.

The new changes doesn't really affect most of the small abdls anyways. Like I can wear the new swaddlers size 7 and I never had to pre-stretch or anything crazy. The only major difference I've noticed is length size. Which that I can maybe agree on is being done as more of a cost saving thing. I know the high rise of diapers was intended to help with blow outs, but ehhhh..... sorta unrealistic to expect a blow out issue with anyone wearing a size 7.

But in saying that I do feel size 7 should be a noticable difference between size 6. Them being so close to me sorta makes the size 7 seem pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: fitboi, grst, FudgedInLuvs and 2 others
Have now encountered the new elastic the op is referring to and it probibly means the end for me being able to wear them.
They have a waffle-esq look to them, there still stretchy but will only stretch to about twice there relaxed size, then they are taught.
There clearly designed to be like that, the old sides did seem too stretchy sometimes.
I might need to go hunting for some size 8 with new prints but the old elastics, should keep me occupied until the Aldi size 7 nappies finally show up.

Reactions: pampers8
Can anyone please clarify what revision they changed? i already used like 3-4 packs of pampers size 8 and they fit my 81 cm waist perfectly.
i really hope i can find a pack i can still use and wear comfortably

The new style, the packaging is a slightly darker green. The design on the nappies is also different.
I’m sure the new packaging doesn’t say “Air Dry” on it either.
The picture that you have on your avatar is the old style, with the stretchy tabs.

Last edited:
Back