Outed or caught

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Outed or caught? There really isn't a difference. One way or the other, people know that you were wearing a diaper. I'm sure that sometimes people saw someone who was wearing a diaper but most of them don't comment (thankfully). It's the other people who like to point it out. Having to wear a diaper in school, obviously it wasn't my favorite place. Some kids are just mean. But not all of them. I had friends who knew I was IC and wore a diaper. In the beginning they were curious and they asked questions. Some of my friends did that. But after I answered they stopped asking. We didn't even discuss it. I was treated like the rest of my friends. It showed a measure of maturity.

As I grew older and went to college, it was easier (had a solo dorm room) and few knew. Now as an adult, rarely did people comment at all. Let's face it, being IC is challenging enough. When I look back when I was in jr. high school or even high school, there were a few other students who liked to fuck with me. Sometimes I was teased and others actually laughed or called me names ("Hey, diaper boy."). Post some of your stories. I had too many stories but when I was in the beginning during high school, I had a kid who loved to fuck with me. Then my older brother beat the shit out of the guy. It was in a co-ed Catholic high school and my brother almost got suspended until the staff found out what happened. The other kid did get suspended and my brother was made a hero from other students. Do yo have your own story?

Reactions: LordDuque, Wolfman69, Dry247 and 6 others
My becoming U-IC occurred just prior to my turning 30 and well past school and college. I left the hospital post car crash and surgery wearing a hose and bag and a couple of days later after a serious leak my dear wife (who got wet as well) trashed the hose and bag and I have been diapered ever since. Because of the car crash and hospital time, near everyone I knew was aware that I was U-IC and most learned that I wore diapers 24/7.

I had a couple of encounters involving individuals that had likely been bullies in high school and likely never grew-up. I had long ago learned that such folks needed to be quickly shut-down, sadly physically, and that reality ended those issues. Now that I am much older, it seems that it is accepted that once you are past 70+ it seems to have become accepted that diapers happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfman69, SparkyDog, Diprs2 and 2 others
Well, i have always been a bedwetter, and had kids that found out several from my older brother that was often telling others and teasing me about it when my mom was not around (which was often).

So, my brother was not a hero more the devil in my life as it were to this issue, we fought many times but being almost 6 years older it was a long time before i could even the playing field in that area.

But, within my age group i could hold my own, did get suspended and evenended up i court for fighting, but i was not the one to start a fight, but i would finish them. Always came down to how far your willing to go to finish a fight and dealing with this issue my whole life and my brother i was one to go a long ways.

Had a group of kids that were stalking me to gang up on me, and i got beat up a few times till one day i got the leader alone and ended up stabbing him very well in the head in which he actually said was still bleading over the weekend on his pillow, to which i replied something akin to if you want to try anything again it will be much worse and you will have no idea when it will come for you. Didnt get an answer and i think he knew i was serious and sick of his crap, and didnt get any more trouble from them, in face didnt have any real bad fights with kids for about a year after that one, but was called a psycho many times, which didnt bother me at all as long as kids were scared to try anything.

But, yeah, never had any hero stories myself, and really just took care of things myself all the years since, did have a few close friends, they knew about the IC and did do sleepovers when young, so thier parents knew as well, but overall i just fought for my own self for the most part over the last 50 years.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
The only time I've ever been *caught* so to speak was at the office. I was fortunate that I did not have to wear diapers to school, school was hard enough without it! Probably about 6 years ago I had started trying to wear diapers to the office as my overactive bladder started to become unmanageable, one of my cubicle colleagues pushed me as to why I took my laptop bag with me on lunch. I was a bit ashamed at the time of my condition so it wound up breaking my confidence and I opted to suffer instead.

Nowadays though, its not really anyone's business. I am trying to avoid framing it as being "outed" or "caught" recently. Framing it that way, like its some deep dark secret, seems really counterproductive. Its just an aid I need to make my life with overactive bladder a bit easier. And if anyone finds out, well, yeah, it sucks, I agree! But its the truth, and I am done running from it.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, furry121 and 2 others
Bigbabybret said:
just took care of things myself all the years since
When I was younger (high school) I wasn't able to defend myself. Mostly because I was small. On the other hand, my older brother could. After the fight I had with that kid, I started taking classes for self-defense. I went to this group and liked it's idea (Isshinryu : an Okinawan style - empty hand).
The teacher focused on the development of one's character. I liked it. By the time I left high school I wasn't so small or short anymore. By the time
I finished grad school I won my 2nd kyu (brown belt). I never had to use my skills. But they did give me a level of security and confidence. I wouldn't consider myself as a fighter. But of course I could if I had to.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
I wet the bed til I was 6 and was put into terry nappies and plastic pants after bath time by our nanny. My younger siblings were dry before me. I remember a family member visiting early one evening by which time I was in a nappy and them making a comment about me still being in nappies. Even aged 6 I found that embarrassing. Then at boarding school some years later aged 11 I started wetting the bed again and of course other boys knew but there were a few of us and it was a small all boys boarding school. We had to report to the matron before bedtime and change into terry nappy pants and waterproof pants. It even when I was a prefect no one ever commented on it. Some years later in my mid 20s I started to wet the bed again after a spinal injury and subsequently lost daytime control. One night we had friends for dinner and I had to go and change a wet nappy. I forgot to lock the bathroom door and one of our guests walked in to see me changing into a dry nappy with the wet one on the floor. She was as embarrassed as me but very understanding. Whenever I went to stay at her house she always made sure there was a waterproof sheet on the bed and would occasionally ask if I needed to go to the bathroom (to change) i.e. before we sat down for dinner but otherwise never mentioned it openly although she would often check if I was wearing a nappy by gently touching my bottom! I would reassure her that I was.
Staying the night with other friends, my hostess bought me a cup of tea in the morning and when she sat on the bed realised I had put a waterproof sheet on it as it was rather crinkly. That too took a bit of embarrassing explaining.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
In my home, all the adults, know, wife, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and sister-in-law. They have seen my PUL pants in the laundry.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
From an early age I was always extremely anxious I would be discovered to be wearing a diaper so I did everything in my power to never have that happen. Was a kid I was always wearing overalls. They hid the diaper area extremely well. As I aged and overalls were no longer the thing to wear I switched to long shirts to hide my waistline
Something I still do to this very day.
Is it possible someone notticed? sure but they didn't say anything. I plan to keep my life long streak of never been discovered to be wearing a diaper.
I do feel though most people are too busy & self involved to nottice someone else wearing. I as well am not looking to see hey wait a minute is that man wearing a diaper. I also think if someone happens to notice most people would respect your privacy and not say anything.
Since my childhood is extremely far behind me and that would have been the time other people would have said something I think with my current methods I am in the clear for never being discovered to be wearing a diaper.

Yes, at work due to my health.

I work in a clinic with a big health organization in my area. My doctors are also in this system which include my primary, urologist, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, etc...

I ended up with a referral to see nephrology due to some elevated kidney function labs, and diabetes. This is the specialty I work. So I had to have my coworker make my appointment as I cannot access my own chart, and due to limited consults, I could not schedule online.

I saw my doc, roomed by one of my nurses, scheduled and checked in by coworker. With my incontinence, orders and diapers plastered all over my chart, they are all aware. Being this is a medical company, all have been professional as is expected.

My coworker and I have developed a friendship, in fact his family and mine are going to a pizza place he recommends, on saturday for my nephews 25th bday.

This has not interfered with my work life, and to be honest it is quite relieving. Considering I carry a bag into a bathroom daily, I am sure they would put things together eventually.

It has taken a lot of time getting comfortable wearing diapers at work, but, now I have a level of support which has helped make it a non issue these days. I still prefer not to have to wear them at work, but it is what it is.

Joey

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, NorthwestDiaperDude, Edgewater and 1 other person
When I was a kid it really wasn't an issue about being outed. Almost everyone knew that I was diaper dependent. When I finally went to university most others didn't know. Which of course was easier. As an adult, there have been a few incidents when someone commented. In the beginning I would be embarrassed and feel ashamed. But after a while I just ignored them. It wasn't worth responding. Today, if someone notices and says something, I tell them that first, it's private and second, it's a medical problem. And I ask them why are they so concerned. That usually worked.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, slimjiminy and Edgewater
Prior to surgery I needed a 12-lead EKG, and my urologist was fine with me running one at work at the FD. I had a co-worker (paramedic) place the electrodes. When I removed my shirt, the wings of my diaper were sticking out the top of my uniform pants. She was completely cool and hugely supportive. I filled her in on my (then new) issues and she asked if she could tell her daughter, who also worked at the FD, since they had been worried about me and wondering why I was having surgery.

A couple months later, I was changing in the restroom and the lock must not have clicked. One of the other fire/medics walked in on my standing there putting a diaper on. He apologized and quickly left. Later, when I got an opportunity, I asked him to please keep it to himself. As far as I know he never told anyone.

The only other time I know someone "found out" that wasn't supposed to was at our business. One of our employees used to come up behind me and smack my ass occasionally (my wife did NOT run a tight ship!). Obviously things changed when I had to start wearing a diaper. The first time was like all the others, but the 2nd and 3rd time her hand lingered a bit, as if wanting to confirm that it was padded. She never said a word either.

I think that anyone who spends any time around me knows so I've never really been outed per se.

My bladder control problems started as a result of spinal fusion surgery following a car accident in a company car. Basically everyone in my workplace knew about the accident and sent flowers/sympathy cards. When I went back to work following my accident, everyone already knew and was really supportive. My employer made loads of adjustments for me including moving my desk to the ground floor and installing sanitary bins in the gents toilets so have been really fortunate there.

My wife was a former nurse before changing careers to work for the same company where I work now. We were friends at the time of my accident and she was there by my side throughout the recovery process. We started a relationship at the same time and will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary this December.

My in-laws found out when we stayed with them a couple of weeks after our wedding and they have been really understanding especially when it comes to living with the limitations from my spinal surgery, my mother-in-law had scoliosis as a child so had a pretty similar surgery to me and shared some really helpful advice.

My children know and don't care. I keep my 'supplies' in a drawer in the bathroom. One day my eldest asked me why there were nappies in the bathroom. I explained about my car accident and the surgery. She asked a few questions and hasn't mentioned it since (this was 3 years ago).

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and dogboy
For 30 years I've been in and out of diapers at some point and have never been caught. That changed about two weeks ago when I was caught not once but twice. During the first one the wife and I were out at our local Goodwill doing some thrift shopping. Midway through our shopping I told her I needed to change as I was very wet. I walked out to my car and grabbed a diaper out of my diaper bag along with some baby powder. I tucked the diaper under my arm and put the powder into my coat pocket. The coat was able to shield the diaper from view and I walked into Goodwill looking for the public restrooms. At the back of the building, I found the restrooms, but the men's side was locked with a note on it saying they were not available to the public and a key was required for access. The women's, however, was wide open and not in use. At that point frankly I didn't give a shit and needed a change, so I entered closed the door and started my business.

While mid change I start to leak and had to remove my pants to prevent them from getting wet. While I am leaning against the wall with a diaper under my crotch being held against my body as I am actively peeing the door swings open, and a woman enters. I immediately try to pull my shirt down to cover what I could of my anatomy and now wet diaper. That ended in a failure as she freaked out and left in a hurry while I am now peeing all over the floor as the diaper, I was holding dropped to the floor when I pulled my shirt down. I finished the process and put on the damp diaper that I brought in with me as I didn't bring another in, and my leaks occur at random and without warning. I escape the embarrassment and return to my wife. I explained what had happened and we finished our shopping. As we are checking out the cashier was super friendly and borderline flirty. The wife asks after why she was being so nice, and I told her while I didn't see who walked in on me, I did hear her speak. The cashier was the one who walked in on me. While I laugh about it now, I still won't be visiting this Goodwill for a while.

The second caught moment occurred about 2 days later. I was visiting my general practitioner for a 3-month follow-up for weight loss. During my yearly agency required physical my results scared me and wanted to start losing some weight. In October I weighed 312.62 pounds, was on Lisinopril for hypertension, and had an A1C of a 5.9. I knew I needed to make some changes and secretly hoped that if I lost some weight maybe my incontinence issues would improve if not full resolve. During the visit my weigh in was 250.54 pounds. My doctor was very happy with my progress and actually called me an inspiration. I really don't see a difference, but I am very judgmental and hypercritical of myself. She went on to tell me that I have lost 62 pounds since September. We went on to set new goals and as the appointment was ending, she asked me if I needed anything else. I told her actually I was wondering about getting an allergy shot as I get really bad sinus infections caused by allergies during the spring. She said no problem and left to get the items needed.

So, this office is attached to the hospital I work for and have a very close relationship with many of the clinicians that work here. That being said I am the co-facilitator for the Employee Advisory Group for my hospital. This group meets once a month to go over items suggested by employees on what we can improve or change. The nurse that checks me in; Miss Betty is also in this group and has been seeing me for quite some time. Well, a few moments later the nurse along with my doctor return in and the nurse begins to prep for the injection. While I am talking to my doctor casually the nurse walks up ready to give the shot. I rollup my sleeves and was expecting an IM injection in the deltoid. She then says nope, drop the pants this one goes in the butt. Without thinking I drop my pants to the floor and am now standing in front of her with just a tee-shirt and a visibly wet ABU PeekABU. My wife picked these out as she liked the design, I don't personally care what if anything is printed on them as long as it does the job keeping my pants dry. They are a bit thinner which is a benefit, but they swell up tremendously when used.

My doctor who obviously knows about my incontinence and my methods of treatment as she's seen all of my records from the 8 past urologists and my current one who is a staff physician at my hospital of employment. While she was facing away from, she must have sensed something as it got super quiet. She turns around sees me and says those are cute, but you look a little wet you might want to change before you go to work. You wouldn't want to get a rash. If you need some help, I'm sure Miss Betty could give you a hand. I wanted to crawl under the exam table and die. Trying to hide my embarrassment I respectfully declined, and Nurse Betty looked so dejected. Meanwhile my next EAG meeting is next week. I am sure Miss Betty will make sure she sits right next to me.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
diaperedEMT said:
For 30 years I've been in and out of diapers at some point and have never been caught. That changed about two weeks ago when I was caught not once but twice. During the first one the wife and I were out at our local Goodwill doing some thrift shopping. Midway through our shopping I told her I needed to change as I was very wet. I walked out to my car and grabbed a diaper out of my diaper bag along with some baby powder. I tucked the diaper under my arm and put the powder into my coat pocket. The coat was able to shield the diaper from view and I walked into Goodwill looking for the public restrooms. At the back of the building, I found the restrooms, but the men's side was locked with a note on it saying they were not available to the public and a key was required for access. The women's, however, was wide open and not in use. At that point frankly I didn't give a shit and needed a change, so I entered closed the door and started my business.

While mid change I start to leak and had to remove my pants to prevent them from getting wet. While I am leaning against the wall with a diaper under my crotch being held against my body as I am actively peeing the door swings open, and a woman enters. I immediately try to pull my shirt down to cover what I could of my anatomy and now wet diaper. That ended in a failure as she freaked out and left in a hurry while I am now peeing all over the floor as the diaper, I was holding dropped to the floor when I pulled my shirt down. I finished the process and put on the damp diaper that I brought in with me as I didn't bring another in, and my leaks occur at random and without warning. I escape the embarrassment and return to my wife. I explained what had happened and we finished our shopping. As we are checking out the cashier was super friendly and borderline flirty. The wife asks after why she was being so nice, and I told her while I didn't see who walked in on me, I did hear her speak. The cashier was the one who walked in on me. While I laugh about it now, I still won't be visiting this Goodwill for a while.

The second caught moment occurred about 2 days later. I was visiting my general practitioner for a 3-month follow-up for weight loss. During my yearly agency required physical my results scared me and wanted to start losing some weight. In October I weighed 312.62 pounds, was on Lisinopril for hypertension, and had an A1C of a 5.9. I knew I needed to make some changes and secretly hoped that if I lost some weight maybe my incontinence issues would improve if not full resolve. During the visit my weigh in was 250.54 pounds. My doctor was very happy with my progress and actually called me an inspiration. I really don't see a difference, but I am very judgmental and hypercritical of myself. She went on to tell me that I have lost 62 pounds since September. We went on to set new goals and as the appointment was ending, she asked me if I needed anything else. I told her actually I was wondering about getting an allergy shot as I get really bad sinus infections caused by allergies during the spring. She said no problem and left to get the items needed.

So, this office is attached to the hospital I work for and have a very close relationship with many of the clinicians that work here. That being said I am the co-facilitator for the Employee Advisory Group for my hospital. This group meets once a month to go over items suggested by employees on what we can improve or change. The nurse that checks me in; Miss Betty is also in this group and has been seeing me for quite some time. Well, a few moments later the nurse along with my doctor return in and the nurse begins to prep for the injection. While I am talking to my doctor casually the nurse walks up ready to give the shot. I rollup my sleeves and was expecting an IM injection in the deltoid. She then says nope, drop the pants this one goes in the butt. Without thinking I drop my pants to the floor and am now standing in front of her with just a tee-shirt and a visibly wet ABU PeekABU. My wife picked these out as she liked the design, I don't personally care what if anything is printed on them as long as it does the job keeping my pants dry. They are a bit thinner which is a benefit, but they swell up tremendously when used.

My doctor who obviously knows about my incontinence and my methods of treatment as she's seen all of my records from the 8 past urologists and my current one who is a staff physician at my hospital of employment. While she was facing away from, she must have sensed something as it got super quiet. She turns around sees me and says those are cute, but you look a little wet you might want to change before you go to work. You wouldn't want to get a rash. If you need some help, I'm sure Miss Betty could give you a hand. I wanted to crawl under the exam table and die. Trying to hide my embarrassment I respectfully declined, and Nurse Betty looked so dejected. Meanwhile my next EAG meeting is next week. I am sure Miss Betty will make sure she sits right next to me.
The thing that's most interesting to me is that in your case, it seems like your diaper was a huge turn on for 2 different women. 🤔 No hatred, disgust, criticism........ Quite the opposite. It's like the stigma isn't as widespread anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
PadPhilosopher said:
The thing that's most interesting to me is that in your case, it seems like your diaper was a huge turn on for 2 different women. 🤔 No hatred, disgust, criticism........ Quite the opposite. It's like the stigma isn't as widespread anymore.
I get the criticism and disgusting looks but on this occasion I didn't. My previous doctor did not approve of my methods and didn't believe I was trying hard enough to fix my problems. He said incontinence is a symptom not a diagnosis. Symptoms can be resolved if the problem is fixed. I'm glad I have a sympathetic practitioner that believes in patient rights and doesn't pass judgement.

• Love
diaperedEMT said:
I'm glad I have a sympathetic practitioner that believes in patient rights and doesn't pass judgement.
Me too! It's always puzzled me how eager so many doctors are to use drugs and surgeries, all with side effects, sometimes serious, to treat conditions which are not life threatening, and are well managed, and I'm not only thinking of IC. It's like they make money that way.......🙄

At 46 years of wearing diapers, I have seen a clear transition in the medical field in acceptance. But there are still individuals that are slow to understand the reality that some symptoms are permanent.

I have come across this at the VA as I am working through that process in obtaining diapers. Most of it comes from a lack of exposure, hence zero understanding. Being face to face with a wearer helps!

Reactions: cantwait and PadPhilosopher
Edgewater said:
At 46 years of wearing diapers, I have seen a clear transition in the medical field in acceptance. But there are still individuals that are slow to understand the reality that some symptoms are permanent.

I have come across this at the VA as I am working through that process in obtaining diapers. Most of it comes from a lack of exposure, hence zero understanding. Being face to face with a wearer helps!
True! There's the way the book says things work, and then there's reality, where every patient has a different experience. Often the disconnect is pretty wide. If people are open minded, communication can bridge that gap, but that is an if.

Growing up it was common knowledge that I was a bedwetter. My sister and the mothers mafia made sure of that. What made it worse was I often wet my pants until I was about 10 years old. The trouble was I just didn't care.
I did get a lot of stick from other kids but my close friends didn't seam to care.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Funny how memories can be triggered. After posting, I was thinking about my early age bed wetting and being put into terry nappies and plastic pants by our nanny. At the time we lived in London and our bedroom and nursery was in the basement. After teatime was bath time and after bath time I would be changed into a nappy ready for bed but would then be allowed to play or watch tv until bed time. I’d be in a nappy and my younger sibling wouldn’t. We had bunk beds and I remember after playing for a bit it was bedtime and climbing the ladder into the top bunk wearing a nappy and plastic pants under my PJs and a plastic sheet on the mattress. It was then that a relative came to say goodnight that he saw me in nappies and made the comment.

• Wow
Back