Other ABs Who Had Reasons That Caused Incontenince??

babyscotty37 said:
I've been enjoying my Sunday afternoon reading topics and posts on ADISC. I then began to wonder if any other ABs later developed incontinence because of a medical event.
As I've shared in other posts, my desire to remain a baby began at around four years of age. Although I had no way to understand it, this was a way for me to cope with early surgeries, back and foot braces, and severe bullying. It became a way to disassociate and comfort myself.
But as I've also shared before, I've had a complex history of urinary issues from back surgeries, and my desire/need for diapers. But in 1999 I had two major back surgeries, two days apart, to restructure the original lumbar fusion I had in 1974, which left me slightly bent over. After this diapers were no longer optional, and that was a little more difficult to come to terms with. But now I've just fully adjusted/embraced all of it.
So, are there perhaps any other ABs who later became truly incontinent, and how did you handle it?
Well yes and no. I would not call it IC but I would say it was stress based IC, I noticed that my bladder (and sometimes bowels) will REALLY act up when under intense stress, and has even gotten as bad as giving false calls to UTI's before. I have a distended bladder, and I had a lot of issues, until one day, I was in the hospital and to get my first
Catheter
which was TERRIFYING. I was on for over a week and ever since then I have been incredibly sensitive to having sudden urges, despite it being a year later. I go to the bathroom about 2-4 times a night. Despite the fact I wear diapers, I ussually get up to go get this done anyway, as when I am sleepy and babyish I have a REALLY hard time of changing myseslf. Due to this, I ussually get up.

I have pretty reasonable cause to beleive this suddenness was actually caused by the *MEDICAL EVENT* that took place. But no tests have been to confirm nor deny.

Reactions: babyscotty37
Bigbabybret said:
Ok, another one who has heard the restraint issue on using the bedrails, i thing that is totally stupid.

Yes, i wear diapers 24/7 now, but always used at night since born.

So, in the hospital i'd do myself when i can, but there have been times when i needed help with it, and most times the nursing staff always ask if i need help with the diapers, I've also been changed when not awake (coma and just passed out) but if i can i do it myself the staff has plenty to do. I'm also not really into any the AB stuff myself, just never got into the mindset, tried to, but never could do that yet.

Yes, some drs are really good with people and take into account the fact that they may live alone and keep you in the hospital a bit longer. That is being a good doctor.

I've had way too much time in the ICU and really get out the moment i get things where i can get out and go home, but i also have PCA's (down one right now). I spent more time in the ICU's all around the area from late 2020-2023 and really dont want to spend any more time in the hospital than i have to. Yes i'll stay till i think its safe enough to go home, and usually each ICU stay was on average 14days or so in the ICU but sometimes then spending more time in non ICU in like the Heart wing or other specific areas trying to figure out the issues i have. I have a somewhat rare condition and the drs seem to like to keep me longer than I think is necessary to "experiment" on to poke around and explore the condition, when there is nothing that can be done to "fix" the issues, as there is no surgery to fix your autonomic brain stem/nerve issues. And any medications they have (which to my knowledge have tried everything) have not helped the issues. I'm only managing the symptoms after the fact and there is nothing that can be done about the cause, and i'm sorta sick of being a guinea pig or being studied for just the sake of being studied with no possible fix, and perfer to not be in the hospital.

But, yeah, the fact that they dont want to put up the sides on the bed is just stupid, and it's some "rule" that does cause other issues especially for someone that rolls over in bed when trying to sleep. and you cant help but sleep when sitting in the ICU for more than a week, or pass out eventually, and i'd think the side should be up a s rule, not down...but that is me...
And, I recall not that long ago the sides were put up automatically "for your safety!" Now, they are kept down so you don't feel restrained!!

babyscotty37 said:
And, I recall not that long ago the sides were put up automatically "for your safety!" Now, they are kept down so you don't feel restrained!!
Yes and no.

The thing i dont get, Over the course of 2 years, i was in like 14 different hospitals.

They ranged from, putting up the side as a default, to actively taking them down if you put them up.

All the places that i mention had all my records, both of my issues currently and going back, which obviously show me as a fall risk and most put some sorta thing on the tag showing that most were a yellow triangle.

Even with the fall risk, and the sleepwalking and the low BP dizzy etc the worst one wouldnt let the sides be even up, untill i fell and bruised my hip and likely broke several thousand dollars of monitors, ripped out iv and made a complete mess.

Yes, I get that perhaps should ask if the sides are up before doing it, but to NOT do it when requested is just stupid and luckly i didnt break anything on me, hate to have broken that hip, that would suck.

But, overall there is just too many odd rules and also interpertations of the rules that not one hospital was doing things the same from my point of view, and some were the same company just different location.

Just makes no sense

• Sad
Reactions: babyscotty37
Back