Ordinary things to wear that feel childish

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Are there things you like to wear because they have something childish about them, either at home, or out and about?
Some of mine are:
- Velcro shoes, or "scrapers" as I called them as a child. Wearing them without socks feels childish.
- Mary Jane shoes.
- Jelly sandals.
- Onesies: I had one before they even became known as "onesies".
- Oversized animal slippers: some students in my university wore them to dinner, or round the hall of residence, boys as well as girls.
- Dungarees: I don't actually have any, but perhaps I will get some when the weather turns colder.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
Velcro sneakers - I actually still have a pair or two of the old Airwalk canvas ones. I love them!

Skorts (skirts with attached shorts)
Oversized hoodies that look more like dresses on me.
White tights. Which seem to make even vanilla girls feel they look like a 12yr old in them. 😆
Cute, fun knee high or OTK socks.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Angelapinks, ZeeBonezz and 1 other person
Pants that swoosh. You know, those wind pants that I think every kid wore. They also hide diaper sounds and little leaks if you really want to feel little on the "D/L". 😉

Reactions: Littlespaceguy, ThatGuyFromThatThread and BobbiSueEllen
One day I'll be able to get my own adult-sized pair of light-up sneakers 🥰 It might just be because I'm so small I can still fit in children's T-shirts but I have a bunch of Minecraft graphic shirts that I love wearing (in fact I'm wearing one right now!)

Reactions: KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
Overalls my wife says no biy over the age of 4 should ever be in overalls....

• Wow
Reactions: Lyric and BobbiSueEllen
I wear velcro shoes, elastic waist pants, and children’s underwear everywhere except to the office and the doctor's office. But I do get away with children's underwear, undershirts, dress shirts, and boys dress shoes for more formal occasions. The dress shoes even slip on like what I'd imagine a lot of toddler and kids dress shoes would do. (I hate laces.)

For the doctors, I switch out my underwear for more "mature" boys boxer briefs. Wouldn't want the doctor seeing me in my firetruck undies. 🤣 Still boys underwear just like I am though.

Honestly though, most of my clothes are kids clothes. I even sleep in kids pajamas.

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedChase, Angelapinks, thedlguy and 8 others
In the warm months, I wear just-below-the-knee shorts, slightly-oversized colored tees, cheap shoes & white crew socks that slouch to my ankles. I've had a couple people tell me "You look a little toddlerish!"

If they only knew about my teddies, blankie, bottles, binkies and diapers... 🤭🧸🍼🥰

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, KrankyPants and Kittyinpink
I wear dungarees, both long ones and shorts and brightly coloured t-shirts, sometimes with cartoon prints or cute pictures on. Also if I am feeling girly then cute hair clips are great.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, KrankyPants, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
-my Football teams' gear.
When I was actually little, my parents would dress me in LSU or Saints gear especially on game days. To most I may just look like a superman, but honestly it kinda feels like Little gear for me.

-Star Wars and super hero shirts hit that same nerve.

-velcro shoes

-i have some Rilakkuma masks. It's a Japanese teddy bear, toy, and tv show.

-beanie with bear ears I got from lilkink.com

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Pretty much anything that I have from little for big. I have dresses, onsies, skirt sets, overalls, everything I have from them makes me feel small. Love it all. As for things I wear out in public, anything bright and pastel or that has lace and frills.
I also almost have bows in my hair and a necklace that Daddy got me for Christmas that is a heart key with a flower and unicorn that he says is the symbol of my being his little girl so even when I am full dressed as an adult I still wear that and it's like a security blanket.

• Love
Reactions: ZeeBonezz and BobbiSueEllen
A couple of winter ones:
- Gloves on a string through coat sleeves, to prevent losing them.
- Beanie winter hats: I love them, especially if they have a big bobble on top, or the dangly bobbles at the sides. They have the added bonus that they can pulled down over my eyes, or put on my head back to front and tied tightly, so I can't see.

• Love
From my collection:
-Bright yellow rubber boots!
-Winter toques with animal faces. I think I was expected to give those up when it stopped being a quirky highschool fad buuut....
-Pokemon t-shirt I fit into nicely that I believe is from the large end of the kids section (thrifted and gifted with a faded tag, idk), especially with overalls.
-Mismatched socks!
-Cute plastic bracelets and other accessories.

feetintrouble said:
A couple of winter ones:
- Gloves on a string through coat sleeves, to prevent losing them.
Omg! Totally forgot about having my little mittens on a string... can't believe we're supposed to outgrow that, it's so convenient.

Last edited:
tobid03 said:
I wear velcro shoes, elastic waist pants, and children’s underwear everywhere except to the office and the doctor's office. But I do get away with children's underwear, undershirts, dress shirts, and boys dress shoes for more formal occasions. The dress shoes even slip on like what I'd imagine a lot of toddler and kids dress shoes would do. (I hate laces.)

For the doctors, I switch out my underwear for more "mature" boys boxer briefs. Wouldn't want the doctor seeing me in my firetruck undies. 🤣 Still boys underwear just like I am though.

Honestly though, most of my clothes are kids clothes. I even sleep in kids pajamas.
Your post is great! Several of your items are my preferences, too:
--Mostly husky-size: elastic waist pants (boy's when I can find them), boy's tighty-whities (or colors), boy's t-shirt/undershirts, boy's dress/sport shirts, boy's PJ's, size XL Goodnites. About half my clothes are boy's size; I am deliberately losing a little more weight (always been heavy) and will fit better into boy's sizes when I accomplish my weight-loss goals.
Unfortunately, my feet are too big for boy's shoes.

Reactions: hanzertas and BobbiSueEllen
jean shorts

I don't care how hot it is outside, I'm wearing regular blue jeans.

Tighty whities, velcro shoes, overalls, shirts from my favorite kid shows are all things I own and like to wear.

Plain, single-colored T-shirts and at-knee/below-knee shorts. With tennies and socks that slouch. 🥰🧸🍼🤗

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
A compression shirt and stretch microfiber briefs over a diaper do it for me. Maybe I’ll invest in a plain onesie one day.

• Love
I fit into the largest children's shoe size (5.5 UK) so I get to wear actual kids trainers :D

A big one for me is striped shirts.

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81, KrankyPants, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Back