one of the reasons why hate being a "grown up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone told me it was going to be worse as I got older. What a crock of shit.

I love the freedom and self-accountability adulthood has. I can't just say "bills". As an adult I have to go to work to afford for over my head just as a child I had to go to school to start to learn how to afford my overhead. And I'd waaaay prefer a skilled trade that I'm an expert with, and one that brings me satisfaction, than having my sandwich mashed in kindergarten, or being put in excessive timeout.

Sitting idle with nothing to do makes me depressed. I'm mostly passionate about work. I have no trouble with bills for that matter.

Last year I was thrust into a high magnitude of responsibility in middle management, and I absolutely HATED organizing figures and making decisions for a company, then going home and making decisions for myself. Being my own chef, maid, chauffeur, pet sitter, financial adviser, and then knowing a small screw up on an address or typo at work the next day meant a chain reaction that could cost me my job. It was over the course of my career as a DM that I met my Dom and I was just so fucking relieved.

I don't like how your metabolism slows down, though. I REALLY don't like how the time flies. I sit and think about how long I've spent on this earth and if the human race were to live to age 100, well, I have just "spent" a quarter of my life. That is a grim thought.

I really don't like the state of affairs in terms of global temperature and economic environment. vs. where it was when I was a kid.

I don't much like the idea of an aging body, and a skeleton that gets more brittle and more lousy every day, fingers that swell the more you use them, the looming prospect of cancer or a root canal, etc. One set of eyes that see worse every day. Medical shit in the upper ages, like 40 and beyond, is major league. I am in my 20s and feeling the effects of a slightly aging body already.

Honestly it is embarrassing. I have borderline personality disorder and I tend to get really anxious and depressed. Too stressed out when I am expected to function like a big girl for too long. I will self destruct and cut. I have more true temper tantrums when I am in big girl mode than when I am little baby 😢I just can't cope with much of the stress adulting brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back