Nuclear bone scan, mri maybe more, going to be stuck all day. Will they notice my diaper?

Raven801 said:
Going in for a bunch of tests not looking forward to it but I'm incon and I'm wondering if they can see your diaper on the tests ? I dread changing there but I'm drinking 400 ounces of water a day while taking dieretics. So yeah I'm lucky if a diaper last 3 hours. And I'll be there all day. šŸ¤”
As embarrassing as it is the people at the hospital do not care, they have seen it all. Incontinent people are there all the time. Now personally I would only wear a medical type diaper to a test. I wouldn't wear an abdl type diaper to any exam

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
I got an appointment for cMRT (MRI) in Dezember, waiting for it since March.

They will check for Diabetis Insipidus Centralis and perhaps for MS as well, i do not think they will use a contrast medium.

But i had some thoughts about the diaper as well, the scan will take some time and the prep also, so there is a high chance i will use the diaper during or directly after scan. Hopefully this will not be that embarrassing.
I will ask for an additional pad to cover the MRI machine, just as backup, when lying on my back the diaper leaks often a little bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
So far so good the bone lesions aren't Cancer thank God but they found something in my hip I got to get checked out and there was something in the left radial pole in my left kidney. They also had do a EKG that came back abnormal so been going through a bunch of stuff with that had a angiogram and a bunch of other test and I'll see what the cardiologist says about all that on Monday. Just keep hoping they will figure it all out. But we'll see
My urologist made some changes in my meds and it made a decent difference in my pain levels which has been awesome šŸ˜„šŸ‘ but my incontinence hasn't changed much.
I'm also in physical therapy for my pelvic floor dysfunction and that seems to be going ok so we'll see what happens ā˜ŗļø

I get MRIs done every other year or so. Always diapered, never noticed. As long as you don't have metal pins, you're ok.

I wear disposables haven't had any problems except with the nuclear bone scan it was so embarrassing because they have a screen you can see and as my bladder was leaking It was very obvious like wow your kidneys absorb the radioactive stuff and it comes out in your urine so yeah pee shows up brighter than any thing and from image to image the bright spot was getting bigger ...left nothing to their imagination.

Raven801 said:
I wear disposables haven't had any problems except with the nuclear bone scan it was so embarrassing because they have a screen you can see and as my bladder was leaking It was very obvious like wow your kidneys absorb the radioactive stuff and it comes out in your urine so yeah pee shows up brighter than any thing and from image to image the bright spot was getting bigger ...left nothing to their imagination.
I thought about saying a diaper can show up "hot" during the nuclear imaging, but some things are best left to find out on one's own. Knowing ahead would have made it more stressful. After going though it, you don't care, because it's the health issue(s) that matter.

Typically wetness indicators disappear or change color, but on occasion they "glow in the dark" LOL.

I hope you get answers to your health issues quickly.

Reactions: Raven801 and Diprs2
A diaper isn't going to show up at all in nuclear imaging. Don't scare the poor boy. It doesn't even show up in an MRI unless it's wet.

The diaper itself doesn't but because of the shot they give you your urine shows up big time so if you wet it literally glows super bright. And as they do several scans if the glow goes from your bladder to floating in front of your pelvis it doesn't really leave anything to the imagination as to what happened or what you are wearing. And you can watch it all on a screen facing you.

They are professionals in health. So, it okay, like others stated. Snoring is different though. Donā€™t do it.

Had a MRI long ago after a long flight. I fell asleep in the machine. Woke up by my snoring, was asked if I had a good nap by the tech. Sure they were laughing.

Last edited:
daylight said:
They are professionals in health. So, it okay, like others stated. Snoring is different though. Donā€™t do it.

Had a MRI long ago after a long flight. I fell asleep in the machine. Woke up by my snoring, was asked if I had a good nap by the tech. Sure they were laughing.
That too funny I almost fell asleep during the bone scan it took forever...

SparkyDog said:
As embarrassing as it is the people at the hospital do not care, they have seen it all. Incontinent people are there all the time. Now personally I would only wear a medical type diaper to a test. I wouldn't wear an abdl type diaper to any exam
I don't wear abdl stuff I wear megamax, tranquility ATN briefs and attends premier and abena xplus and some crossbones

Reactions: Diprs2 and SparkyDog
Back