Not sure how to solve this

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I keep having to poo and I use one of those disabled frames with the seat on it and when I poop (it’s quiet lose) it travels downwards and ends up inside of my intimate area and even with wet wipes it’s difficult to get clean and I find it very triggering probably because of my autism and the sensations of constantly trying to get clean. The frame is quiet high up because I can’t lower myself down very well so I tried using a stool to push my legs up higher but that doesn’t help any with the issue of poo getting in places you don’t want poo.

I’m at the point where I’m wondering what I can do to poo less, maybe eat less and go on a more liquid diet like complan, I don’t really enjoy eating very much as I find eating upsetting too because I feel terrible after I’ve eaten a meal and just feel like sleeping (it’s not diabetes, I’ve been tested for that)

• Hug
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, sport1 and Diprs2
If it’s loose then more fibre is needed in your diet :) will bulk it up and make it harder xxx

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, sport1 and Diprs2
claire123 said:
If it’s loose then more fibre is needed in your diet :) will bulk it up and make it harder xxx
It’s quiet hard but sticky and gets everywhere

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Sounds like you are using a frame that is positioned above a toilet. It is not uncommon that the frame needs to be adjusted to allow you reasonable easy of entering and positioning yourself slightly further back to allow gravity to simplify this for you. Normally such frames have a seat with a more open back area.

I would recommend that you contact your medical support group and ask for a Physical Therapist to help adjust the frame and work with you to develop the strength to position yourself. Also, the PT may know of a better apparatus to help position you. New stuff keeps coming to the market every month.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
@Edgewater makes good points about potential frame adjustments and Physical Therapy.

It's also possible that rather than a frame-and-seat as a single piece of equipment, you may find an elevated toilet seat and a separate free-standing armrests/support frame helpful.

Also, consider your position while pooping. Are you doubling over and tilting forward? If so, I think sitting more upright and spreading your buttocks apart should help reduce the "gets everywhere" problem by creating more of a straight drop into the toilet.

If you have difficulty wiping without getting stool into your labia area, consider a wiping aid. Juvo makes a great one, which I bought the week before my lumbar spine fusion surgery (I am not affiliated with them in any way). This can also help keep you from leaning in such a way that gravity contaminates your privates while you're trying to wipe.

• Love
Reactions: Constantlydamp, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Not sure about having a BM while sitting on a toilet? I don't use a toilet (incontinent). At least when I stopped "toilet training" when I was younger. When I have one, most of the time I'm in bed (sleeping or half-awake in the morning). I have little control so having a BM doesn't mean I need to sit on a toilet. Thankfully I rare have loose stool. But when I have a BM in bed, typically the stool spreads up around my crotch. Even if they're semi-solid. It's not actually comfortable but it doesn't really bother me. I'm used to it. It looks like you're trying to sit on a toilet (?). If you have enough control to sit on a toilet, why not taking off your diaper?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Baby wipes are a godsend.
I use them after every....movement.
Really helps get me clean, and is very refreshing.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Have you worked with a dietitian?

Reactions: Edgewater
you may be dealing with IBS or something of that nature, there are a lot of digestive disorders. fiber doesn't always help people with IBS, inflammatory bowel diseases, crohn's disorder, etc., sometimes other methods have to be used like medications that slow down your bowel contractions. you may benefit from a medication like dicyclomine, which is a medication that slows down the guts as mentioned earlier and may help you go #2 less. like Edgewater said, i think your frame needs to be adjusted to fit you better, it sounds like it's a poor fit.

babywolfboy said:
you may be dealing with IBS or something of that nature, there are a lot of digestive disorders. fiber doesn't always help people with IBS, inflammatory bowel diseases, crohn's disorder, etc., sometimes other methods have to be used like medications that slow down your bowel contractions. you may benefit from a medication like dicyclomine, which is a medication that slows down the guts as mentioned earlier and may help you go #2 less. like Edgewater said, i think your frame needs to be adjusted to fit you better, it sounds like it's a poor fit.
Since I stopped painkillers, started taking CBD it’s gotten better, it’s not totally right but I think my issue could be inflammation as it’s better now with the cbd and lack of codeine painkillers, I just don’t take them anymore

greatlake5 said:
Not sure about having a BM while sitting on a toilet? I don't use a toilet (incontinent). At least when I stopped "toilet training" when I was younger. When I have one, most of the time I'm in bed (sleeping or half-awake in the morning). I have little control so having a BM doesn't mean I need to sit on a toilet. Thankfully I rare have loose stool. But when I have a BM in bed, typically the stool spreads up around my crotch. Even if they're semi-solid. It's not actually comfortable but it doesn't really bother me. I'm used to it. It looks like you're trying to sit on a toilet (?). If you have enough control to sit on a toilet, why not taking off your diaper?
I have caught UTI's from fecal IC in bed getting up front. It happened to me yesterday in bed and I am having classic tell tell signs of UTI now.

Diaperman95 said:
I have caught UTI's from fecal IC in bed getting up front. It happened to me yesterday in bed and I am having classic tell tell signs of UTI now.
At the first signs of uti,
I have cranberry, garlic and sometimes blueberry, when I had it so bad that it spread to my organs, two lots of antibiotics didn’t clear it, I was about to go away on holiday so I got desperate and brought cranberry and blueberry tablets and had them every day and it went away. I only
Take garlic if I start to have pains in my lower back but always talk to a doctor as a uti can turn nasty real fast

babyraggydolls said:
At the first signs of uti,
I have cranberry, garlic and sometimes blueberry, when I had it so bad that it spread to my organs, two lots of antibiotics didn’t clear it, I was about to go away on holiday so I got desperate and brought cranberry and blueberry tablets and had them every day and it went away. I only
Take garlic if I start to have pains in my lower back but always talk to a doctor as a uti can turn nasty real fast
Drinking cannery juice seems to be most people's go-to for anything bladder-related. With my interstitial cystitis, it's excruciatingly painful to have anything with cranberries, but when people hear about my bladder pain issues, that always seems to be the first advice they give is to drink some cranberry juice.

Back