Not changing when you don't have to go out.

I typically change my diaper whether at home or out when I think my diaper has reached capacity and is about to leak. For a wet diaper this can be as long as 10 hours, for a messy diaper about 2 hours.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
Rob110 said:
I always change more when out and about but at home my
diaper definitely gets more saturated before I change. A bowel movement is an asap change.
I think IC "sufferers" do this changing as a normal process. Whether they admit this or not, most of them just get tired of being diapered. I do this almost everyday. I don't have to go to work until it's later in the morning so I get a bit lazy. Especially when my diaper is messy. But if it's really poopy I do change. I don't think anyone likes that.

Reactions: Edgewater, Ashton84 and Diprs2
Most mornings, its wake up shower and head to work. Diaper off immediately.

But some days I work a later shift. In that case, I just keep my diaper on until I get around to showering and prepping for work.

On my days off? My diaper stays on until....well, whenever. I'll wake up, and just do whatever. Depending on how much I wet during the night, I might use my diaper once or twice more. I'll just throw on some shorts and have a diapered morning. Most often I'll change if I have to go anywhere. But sometimes if not, I'll go ahead and change into a fresh diaper because well...it just feels good.

Reactions: Diprs2
Lets face it, it's not completely about inconvenience. It's mostly about comfort and then with convenience. If I'm at home and it's the weekend I know I don't have to do anything. Especially if I don't have visitors. Of course convenience has something about changing but most of these are about how it feels. Since I became older (like 8 or 9) I was comfortable wearing my diaper. Even if they were wet. Like I said I'm always diapered. Feeling wet is a normal thing for me. I suppose having a loaded diaper did feel different. But not completely uncomfortable. So comfort became more important than even convenience. I don't keep on a wet or dirty diaper as a practice. Being IC for as long I've been diapered, I guess I had to be comfortable with wearing them. If I was newly IC I'm sure I would have changed as fast I could. But since I'm not, I'm fine wearing a diaper. If I'm not changing them I'm comfortable with them. And if I don't have to go out I don't have to change. Then it becomes convenience.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Today is one of those days. I was out late for a live show, so am not doing great today. I set an alarm because I had a gas inspector coming by this morning for my remodel. I knew I had some time before he would arrive, so fixed tea and sat down to catch up on news, etc. Next thing I knew there was a knock on the door and I was still in my bedtime diaper (I had sweats on). He was here for just a few minutes and after he left I changed. I should change now as well as shower, but my energy is at about 40%, so I'll change as soon as I can get myself up and think about showering before bed. I don't have to go out. No one else will be by today. I'm comfortable. I'm not being lazy. I don't see a problem.

Reactions: Edgewater, greatlake5 and Diprs2
I have to wear for bed wetting but basically just wear whenever I’m at home as I prefer being in a nappy for convenience. I’m pretty lazy when I’m wearing and won’t take my night nappy off until I get ready to go out so most mornings will end up doing a poo in it. At the weekends I quite often Will be in a wet and messed nappy until lunchtime

If I’m home, I’ll let the diaper get more soggy and soaked than if I’m planning to go out. I almost always start with a dry diaper if I’m leaving the house so I know I can make it a few hours at least. When I’m home, I’ll get the most out of each diaper and fill them up.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Diaperman95
If it's pee I just keep wearing. My goal is to get the whole day out of diaper. And sometimes it is quite swollen when I do change. But I also always put a booster in it which increases my capacity. If I pooped then usually I change. But to be honest there have been times where I have been doing errands and pooped I just kept going.

virginiadiaper said:
If I’m home, I’ll let the diaper get more soggy and soaked than if I’m planning to go out. I almost always start with a dry diaper if I’m leaving the house so I know I can make it a few hours at least. When I’m home, I’ll get the most out of each diaper and fill them up.
!00% the same. At home I like to get my money out of them and I sleep on a reusable bed pad. But during the day I wear Mega max because I want the best protection but I don't want it soggy or swelling so bad others can tell. So I usually put on a fresh one when going out. Especially if I plan on being out very long.

Question for females: is it not a bit risky sitting a long time in a messy nappy being as we're told to always wipe front to back when using the toilet? If I mess I always change straight away for that reason and never sit down!

Question for anyone: what about nappy rash? Isn't that caused by a chemical reaction between something in the poo and (I think) the ammonia in urine? As you can see I don't really get the science bit 😂😂

Still fairly new to all this 🙂

When im home alone i usually dont change my diaper (if its wet or messy) for like 1 hours

During the week I change mostly on a schedule before I need to, but sometimes on the weekend I'll wait until I'm leaking, especially if I'm doing stuff outside. In the summer I mow the yard in a thin diaper that sometimes leaks before I'm finished, so when that happens I just keep it on until after I put the lawn mower back in the garage and everything, since it doesn't make sense to change and then shower less than hour later.

My morning diaper is very wet and just now also messy. I have on a black NorthShore AirLock Breathable diaper that I can say is excellent. I won't change for about several hours after I get my morning exercise. I have not yet decided what diaper to wear to work.

greatlake5 said:
Yeah I know it's lazy. But sometimes I just don't want to change my diaper, even if they're wet or dirty. Of course if they're saturated or super messy I will change.
And then there are days when I'm lazy and I won't. Lets say I'm watching an interesting program, or I'm reading a great bool, maybe I'm just screwing around on my computer, and I just don't feel like changing. It's not like I'm stinking out the house. I always use chlorophyll copper pills and plastic pants. There might be a little pungency but no real stink. Nobody is here. Just me. And if I'm being lazy mode, what's the big deal? Do you do this too?
If you're flying solo, it's purely your business. (Literally)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
fleckothefennec said:
Yah I usually just loaf around in my used diaper in the morning, more so on a rainy miserable day when I don't feel like going outside. I prefer going to sleep in a half soaked diaper over a dry one as well.
Me to I genuinely sleep better when wet. I always have.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and (deleted member)
Mathew said:
When I'm at home I don't change my pullups till I feel that little trickle start to leak down my leg. I can usually complete soak my diaper and enjoy it before putting a dry one on. I'm a little more careful when I'm out in public. I'm used to the occasional leak and don't really care much anymore but I try not to shock others.
Same here.

Reactions: Edgewater
I find I can have several schedules functioning at the same time.
The base schedule Starts with my changing into my night-time, NS MEGAMAX disposable diaper with their Trifecta diaper cover (plastic pants). I wear that diaper all night with time fluctuating between 10 and 12 hours, or shorter if I have an appointment. My overnight wetting varies widely from moderately wet to very wet. Commonly have breakfast first, a bit of paperwork and into the shower.

I commonly include a skin dry out at this time. My daytime diapers are cloth and are pre-folded, daytime weight, pinned in place and covered by a NS Trifecta diaper cover. I find that the Trifecta diaper cover controls the follow of urine around the cloth diaper, which is much better than the puddling common with plastic pants. During the day, is where the variation/ scheduling comes into play as if I am wet, I will change prior to going out and about. otherwise, I commonly change around every three hours. I have never gone three hours with not needing to change. As a normal I build in an afternoon skin dry-out and another as I am changing into my night diaper.

The effects of illness can vasty change one's schedule(s) and one has to be prepared to adjust! I suffered thou a very recent Hellish Flu that was not included in the 2023 /2024 Flu Shot. As a result of its effects, I loss full control of my continence. I leaked urine continuously and as well as stool. Because of the continuous nature, I changed to NorthShore Pull-ups and was changing every two hours with plastic pants. Sucks to be sick!!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Neroforte
It depends. If I'm in my dorm, I always try to change out of and dispose of wet goodnites as fast as possible.

If I’m back home with my parents, I'll still change out, but might opt for a dry goodnite instead of normal underwear, as long as I'm still in my pjs.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
Yeah I know it's lazy. But sometimes I just don't want to change my diaper, even if they're wet or dirty. Of course if they're saturated or super messy I will change.
And then there are days when I'm lazy and I won't. Lets say I'm watching an interesting program, or I'm reading a great bool, maybe I'm just screwing around on my computer, and I just don't feel like changing. It's not like I'm stinking out the house. I always use chlorophyll copper pills and plastic pants. There might be a little pungency but no real stink. Nobody is here. Just me. And if I'm being lazy mode, what's the big deal? Do you do this too?
I know the feeling sometimes I feel like that specially when I'm off

Reactions: Edgewater
Back