Northshore Equivalent for less $$

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have to wear a diaper to bed for IC overnight. Pretty much any large size Northshore fits me really well. Megamax, megamax air, the Supreme briefs work well and fit excellent. But, they are all so expensive!!
Recommendations for other products that fit similar to Northshore and hold overnight wetting?
I tried a bag of Seni Quattro, these did not leak and fit ok but they stretch on me a bit and are loose by morning. At about $1 per diaper cheaper, I’m about to order a case and deal with that but thought I would ask if anyone found the perfect Northshore equivalent diaper for less $$$.
I can afford the NS, I just don’t want to lol. Idk why they are so expensive vs other brands. Guess it’s that perfect fit.

Thanks!

• Thinking
Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 4 others
Betterdry might be a good substitute.

Reactions: Diprs2, dbcl92, Angelapinks and 7 others
Seasonedcitizen said:
Betterdry might be a good substitute.
I have not tried these yet, I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
Tens ultra & tena super are also good

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I stretch the Quattro a little bit before I put them on pretty night, best for stomach sleeping, I wear a pul cover with them.

Reactions: Diprs2
RetroGirl15 said:
Tens ultra & tena super are also good
I tired the Tena super stretch ones that have this long stretch one tape thing and they didn't stay up to well either (I don’t have much butt lol)
Thought about ordering a bag of ones with 2 tapes but wasn’t sure. Maybe I’ll try a bag. I wear Tena men’s guards during the day and they work well.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101 and Diprs2
I second the BetterDry. They don't have the bells and whistles of NS MEGAMAX, but definitely have the fit and absorption.

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
rothpirate said:
I stretch the Quattro a little bit before I put them on pretty night, best for stomach sleeping, I wear a pul cover with them.
I may try that, think I have 1 left.
I sleep on my stomach much as well and they hold enough, just seem to be little lose if I wake up middle of the night.
I have a couple PUL covers as well. If I think I will wet more than normal I’ll wear one but prefer not to as they can get warm. But, it’s better than a wet bed lol

Betterdry from LLMedico

Reactions: Diprs2, SofiaInPampers, EcoIncon and 5 others
I think a BetterDry are an awesome brand too! My fav…

Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Looks like I’m buying a pack of betterdry lol.
Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Seasonedcitizen
Not sure if a requirement but these are mainly white. I haven't used them in a bit but alot of people have good things to say about the betterdry, another I haven't used in a little bit but Comifidry 24/7 used to be a go to a while ago. I will add Incontrol has a few different trial packs & was surprised how well they did(I got a 3 pack). Lastly though I haven't tried the new Mega ones but I Rearz Inspire+ fell in the $2.65(price range & new ones)

For cloth backed Seni Quatro is a solid choice and think there under $2, Also the Attends Premier worked quite well but did feel little over priced though they have a super soft cover.

Reactions: Diprs2, iatec779 and rothpirate
iatec779 said:
I have to wear a diaper to bed for IC overnight. Pretty much any large size Northshore fits me really well. Megamax, megamax air, the Supreme briefs work well and fit excellent. But, they are all so expensive!!
Recommendations for other products that fit similar to Northshore and hold overnight wetting?
I tried a bag of Seni Quattro, these did not leak and fit ok but they stretch on me a bit and are loose by morning. At about $1 per diaper cheaper, I’m about to order a case and deal with that but thought I would ask if anyone found the perfect Northshore equivalent diaper for less $$$.
I can afford the NS, I just don’t want to lol. Idk why they are so expensive vs other brands. Guess it’s that perfect fit.

Thanks!
The InControl Original are very economical - $1.74USD per diaper or currently on sale for $1.54USD (Based on case pricing)
Cases are on sale for the rest of the month. Link - https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-inspire-original-incontinence-briefs/

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, tseaborn, Jonnythepony and 2 others
TotalDry are pretty amazing! Tape zone like the old pampers from the 90s

InControlRobert said:
The InControl Original are very economical - $1.74USD per diaper or currently on sale for $1.54USD (Based on case pricing)
Cases are on sale for the rest of the month. Link - https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-inspire-original-incontinence-briefs/
These are my daily diapers. The mediums fit me really well and they offer great support for my IC. Far better than Better Dry, IMO. Thanks for pointing this out and please, for the love of God, don’t change them!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, tseaborn, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
Betterdry is the brand I stand by. They absorb very well, the fit is the best I have found, the price is moderate, and the availability of them in the US is consistent. I hope you find them to your liking!!

Reactions: Diprs2, 247, CptKirk and 1 other person
The Sunkiss Masterpiece Pink on Amazon is a very close copy of the MegaMax. Unfortunately it’s only available in pink, but that doesn’t bother me.

There’s some reviews of it on here if you search for it.

Reactions: Kayleigh and Diprs2
InControlRobert said:
Will say the original is rated higher but I tried the essential the other day and it really surprised me. I am very impressed with Incontrols line & looking forward to trying the ellite. I am actually wearing an original right now which is great so far from an incont standpoint. I know it's been mentioned that some other brands they previously sold have been discontinued so they can focus on there brands which I have mixed feelings (but it's their company we don't have say) I just hope they keep some of the main stays. This is nothing on Incontrol but personally hate to get invested in a brand or type than it changes.

Though different subject but I recently tried one of their snap fitted cloth diapers and though slightly more expensive compared to a prefold I am probably going to wait for next sale and grab a bunch of them.

I do give good & bad feedback and will say so far I have had great overall experience.

Reactions: Diprs2, tseaborn and iatec779
SoCalSwitch said:
The Sunkiss Masterpiece Pink on Amazon is a very close copy of the MegaMax. Unfortunately it’s only available in pink, but that doesn’t bother me.

There’s some reviews of it on here if you search for it.
Seconded. I was quite impressed with the Sunkiss, but only pink might be a deal breaker. They have a TrustPlus Overnight in clothbacked that’s self-reported to be in the same absorption class.

And if you try the Sunkiss Masterpiece, choose a similar size. I wear a small Megamax and a medium in just about everything else.

Reactions: PaddedRita and Diprs2
Found some in control samples on Amazon. Going to give those a try and if size works out get a case.
Thanks! $1.54 a diaper is about $1 cheaper than northshore and $1.50 cheaper than megamax so quite a savings.

Someone asked about color, white is fine, or other solid colors. I’m not wearing a pink one in front of my wife though :). It already sucks enough lol

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, 247 and CheshireCat
Back