No more pins

555Mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was getting sick of wearing out my cloth diapers from pining. So, I have added snaps for longevity.
I hope this helps others. Any other ideas that you might like to share?

Attachments

• Diaper snaps.jpg
    Diaper snaps.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: TheDideeboy, GatoChihuahua, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
I usually stick with Snappies, the larger size works well. I tend to use two of them though in a different position to how they are used for babies to get a little more support from them. I use Terry clcoth though with them and that looks more like a twill, Last time I tried snappies on twill it looked like they might leave damage after multiple uses, I could be wrong but they seemed to pull at the fabric too much and leave marks.

Snaps can work well though, depending on the style of nappy, it's fit and whether you use different levels of inserts you may want to add additional snaps so you have room for size adjustments. It may also be a good idea to have two rows (top and bottom like tapes on adult disposables) to help spread the pressure on them across more fabric but one should work.

You could sew some velcro on but velcro is not as long lasting as snaps especially after multiple washes, the fluffy side begins to pill or become bare and it loses grip.

I've used a belt before to hold up a diaper plenty of times and that can work well but if moving around a lot it can move and the diaper drop out from it, works well in bed though.

You could also just use a good wrap style cover, these can hold the diaper in place without need for any pins or other means of holding the diaper

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Seasonedcitizen
Belarin said:
I usually stick with Snappies, the larger size works well. I tend to use two of them though in a different position to how they are used for babies to get a little more support from them. I use Terry clcoth though with them and that looks more like a twill, Last time I tried snappies on twill it looked like they might leave damage after multiple uses, I could be wrong but they seemed to pull at the fabric too much and leave marks.

Snaps can work well though, depending on the style of nappy, it's fit and whether you use different levels of inserts you may want to add additional snaps so you have room for size adjustments. It may also be a good idea to have two rows (top and bottom like tapes on adult disposables) to help spread the pressure on them across more fabric but one should work.

You could sew some velcro on but velcro is not as long lasting as snaps especially after multiple washes, the fluffy side begins to pill or become bare and it loses grip.

I've used a belt before to hold up a diaper plenty of times and that can work well but if moving around a lot it can move and the diaper drop out from it, works well in bed though.

You could also just use a good wrap style cover, these can hold the diaper in place without need for any pins or other means of holding the diaper
I use 3 one hold wings together over the main front part of nappy
I use airplane fold
Then one snappi either side to draw the leg sections to give a secure fit both legs.
With airplane fold I also roll edges inwards to reduce risk of blowouts

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Belarin said:

I have not tried the snappies but I have tried boingo fasteners that are similar. Either one is better thin pins.
Thanks for the reply

OldTerry said:
I use 3 one hold wings together over the main front part of nappy
I use airplane fold
Then one snappi either side to draw the leg sections to give a secure fit both legs.
With airplane fold I also roll edges inwards to reduce risk of blowouts
I use two, with the long side going from the side of one wing to the crotch close to the leg on a diagonal line to pull that tight and the shorter leg pulled up to the mid front of the diaper attching to the opposite wing, same on both sides.
555Mike said:
I have not tried the snappies but I have tried boingo fasteners that are similar. Either one is better thin pins.
Thanks for the reply
I haven't used boingo's not seen them available in UK but I prefer the snappies 3 point system to boingo 2 point. Have been tempted to try and get some though to do similar to how OldTerry suggested above and have a boingo to fasten the wings snugly first then snappies to do the legs and crotch. It just seems excessive as the snappies do the job fine for me, I can get away with one if not being too active just prefer two for the snugness and extra security.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Deleted member 66727
Back