No more Betterdry at Northshore?

Tungsten said:
Just to clarify, Thrust Vector isn’t discontinuing them?
It doesn't look like they're being discontinued but I sent another inquiry just to be sure and will post the reply as soon as I receive it.

They aren't being discontinued, my initial inquiry they misunderstood (they thought I said someone said the product was being discontinued), they said that would be misinformation if I heard that. I guess we are just dealing with low/out of stock on LL Medico's side of things.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BuffedBaby
Llmedico.com doesn't sell the betterdry xl any longer they carry xl which is too small, I was able to order a case of betterdry xl on amazon but I don't know for how long amazon will sell the betterdry xl I'll get them when I can I've used the comfy dry before but their a little noisy not bad in winter but in summer they were a problem because I'm urinary IC I don't like wearing heavy clothes in the summer.

Reactions: Diprs2
Honeywell6180 said:
Dry 24/7 is far better. Also, all the Crinklz designs are super ugly, and it's hard for me to understand why people buy them. But, if that's all there is, I guess there's not much of a choice.
Those are the kind of statements that are dangerous to an extent.
I have been using BetterDry for years now and I have tried Dry 24/7.
They are a very absorbent diaper, no doubt.
But I never got them to fit right and I did have leaks.
With BetterDry not so much.

The next person might be the opposite. Never had a leak with Dry24/7, but nothing
but trouble with BetterDry.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: Diprs2 and Soupsoup72
TexasDiaperLover said:
XPMedical was out of the BetterDry medium. So I went with a case of the XP5000. Hoping I won't be disappointed.
I heard about those. They are next on my list. Also, the other brand apparently only sold on Amazon...10-count for $50! Some day. I think they were called Tena...I can't recall. Don't quote me. I forgot the name. But they reported having an amazing capacity, which would be interesting to check for travel, etc., reasons. Something like 9.5K+ ml. capacity...whatever.
But I have a hope Thrust Vector doesn't go out of business, they have a good product.
BuffedBaby said:
I reached out to Thrust Vector (the manufacturer of Betterdry) and was promptly replied to by one of their associates. According to them, Northshore was including free samples of Northshore's own products with Betterdry orders. (I can confirm this, as it occured with some of my orders). It looks like enough people switched from Betterdry to Northshore that Northshore dropped Betterdry. I have since reached out to LL Medico to inquire when they will be resupplied with Betterdry. It would be nice if Adam from Northshore would weigh in on this. 'Til then, I will keep my friends here posted.
That was mean of Northshore to do I think! I mean, I enjoyed getting a variety there. But they changed the website, I didn't really like the quality they had, so I wandered off to Rearz. I ordered some of their brands and had odd cuts and things from their manufacturing processes way back. The cute colored polka dot ones.

Northshore Supremes are my usual bedtime diaper, with BetterDry as a close second. With Northshore's price increases, I was gonna make a big order of BetterDrys from LL Medico, sucks they're out of stock in my size. My ordering window is very limited due to nosy family, so I usually make one huge order each year. Guess I'll have to scramble to find something else before I make my order next week.

I "test drove" an XP5000 last night. It fits very different than the BetterDry, seems to be shorter waisted. It's quieter, and the tapes held well. It took a very good soaking overnight with no leaks and room to spare. I was going to mess it, but I have family here.

I give it an A.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Diprs2
mattyd said:
They aren't being discontinued, my initial inquiry they misunderstood (they thought I said someone said the product was being discontinued), they said that would be misinformation if I heard that. I guess we are just dealing with low/out of stock on LL Medico's side of things.
I am not sure what is going on. I had read somewhere in my search that there is an issue with shipping costs from across the pond. Not sure what I am going to do. These are my only diapers. Crinkles are still there, but even those will become limited.
I used to wear Northshore mega max but to me they are not as good as the betterdry.
I would try the comfy dry 24 7 but I need something with good tapes and readjustment. I wear my betterdry for 10 to 12 hours at a time.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BuffedBaby
OK it looks like NorthShore just won't carry BetterDry anymore then.
I looked at LL Medico and the Large BetterDry are out of stock there, so I got worried.

Good to know.

I just bought a case so I'll be good for a while.
Hopefully by then LL Medico has the Large back in stock :)

Reactions: lilshelly and BuffedBaby
lilshelly said:
I am not sure what is going on. I had read somewhere in my search that there is an issue with shipping costs from across the pond. Not sure what I am going to do. These are my only diapers. Crinkles are still there, but even those will become limited.
I used to wear Northshore mega max but to me they are not as good as the betterdry.
I would try the comfy dry 24 7 but I need something with good tapes and readjustment. I wear my betterdry for 10 to 12 hours at a time.
Me too, nothing fits as well or works as well for me than Betterdry.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976
BABYTIGERCUB said:
Llmedico.com doesn't sell the betterdry xl any longer they carry xl which is too small, I was able to order a case of betterdry xl on amazon but I don't know for how long amazon will sell the betterdry xl I'll get them when I can I've used the comfy dry before but their a little noisy not bad in winter but in summer they were a problem because I'm urinary IC I don't like wearing heavy clothes in the summer.
XP Medical carries the XL I think for BetterDry, though I don't know if they still ship stuff in non-discreet packages. Ever since Gary sold the company, it just hasn't been the same. That used to be the go to place after Northshore Care years ago.

Just heard back from LL Medico. Betterdry should be available from them mid April. I will place my orders with them from now on, better prices
and very good customer service.

Reactions: babyky and ej24
BuffedBaby said:
Just heard back from LL Medico. Betterdry should be available from them mid April. I will place my orders with them from now on, better prices
and very good customer service.
That’s good news. I kind of wonder if someone bought all of their remaining stock, thinking that they were going away forever.

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Hmm, if these are being discontinued, how close are Dry 24/7 in look and feel?
Dry 24/7 just went out of business.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: plainwhitediaper and Jorelaxed
ShortFirefly said:
Dry 24/7 just went out of business.

Damn. How close are Megamax in look and feel?

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PaddedRita
BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Damn. How close are Megamax in look and feel?
MegaMax are more absorbent, softer, and just all around better. One is a Chevy, the other is a Cadillac.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PaddedRita
ShortFirefly said:
One is a Chevy, the other is a Cadillac.
With about the same 30% price difference as those two cars.

Diaperman95 said:
But you have to think NorthShore would eventually stop promoting others diapers as they make far better profits on their own products.
Agree that Northshore is ditching competitors on their site. I don’t think they want customers to compare prices and realize how crazy expensive their own products are when suitable alternatives are available. I always thought buying in-house brands were cheaper but not with Northshore.

Reactions: plainwhitediaper and PaddedMI
HockeyGuy said:
Agree that Northshore is ditching competitors on their site. I don’t think they want customers to compare prices and realize how crazy expensive their own products are when suitable alternatives are available. I always thought buying in-house brands were cheaper but not with Northshore.
100% agree with this. Northshore makes awesome products. But the Supreme comes in at like $2.60 a brief and you can get BetterDry for about $1.75 per brief. Over the course of a year (wearing 3 a day) that is over $900 difference in cost for products that have roughly the same functionality.

Reactions: BuffedBaby and babyky
HockeyGuy said:
NorthShore Mega Max is the cheapest of any diaper out with equal absorbency. Not many comes close and if they do they are over priced AB diapers. I got lucky enough to get a lifetime 10% off for being such a long time customer and buying every month for years. I think I pay $225 for two cases after tax making them around $2.82 each. But even with out the discounts they was just to much a game changer for me I just could not go without them. I can normally get by with 2 Mega Max a day unless my bowel incontinence steps up. Then I will use three but that is only once or twice a week at most right now. I have been incontinent my entire adult life and I use to say I will never spend more than $1.75 per diaper. Then a year or two pre covid-19 I made the mistake of ordering a free sample of MM. They changed the way I even feel about diapers and even being incontinent all these years.

I thought I had good protection with Abena, I was using 4 a day and I did not have Bowel Incontinence at the time. I was using abena or Dry 24/7 or Molicare super the old purple ones for many years, then I went up to Total dry Xplus and it was the first diaper I used with a landing strip and I fell in love with that feature. I still used at least 3 a day sometimes 4 of those. I worn these for about 4 years the Abena and dry 24/7 was before these. But When I tried on my first Mega max I knew I was in love. The fit was perfect they NEVER clump and they always wick the fluid from my skin no matter how full my skin stays dry and I never get skin issues. Then the landing strip no matter how full they are they never lets them loosen or stretch and sag. Better Dry is not even close to a contender or in the same category. I tried Better Dry because everyon was saying how great they was. When using Better Dry after several wettings the top sheet in the diaper did not wick I start to feel wet on the skin even though the diaper is not full. I used them every day for like 5 or 6 days straight to get a honest opinion and I started getting irritation and cracked skin on my scrotum because they did not keep me dry when they was near capacity. Then if active they stretch and loosen and sag making them leak around the legs as they get full. I have never found a diaper that stays tight and snug without a landing strip. Landing strips was the next best thing after leak guards That is with the exception of vintage depends or Attends 6 tape diapers which they was actually the most comfortable diaper I have ever worn but obviously just did not have the capacity. Sadly Now days Neither company even makes anything close to as good as they had in the 90's and early 2000's. But that is a different topic all together about the comfort of vintage diaper's that are no longer available. 😂

I think you get what you pay for and then some with Mega Max. If you are wearing diapers just for fun maybe they are a bit expensive but then so is almost every printed adult diaper made. But if you have total bladder incontinence and use diapers 24/7 their is nothing better in the same price range that I have found. Oh yeah you also can get 5% off if you do the auto-ship.

Back