New Year's Resolutions

Zeke said:
You’re making me appreciate the home that I have and the other things that I have in my life. I’ve been told that the secret to not being possessed by your possessions is to hold on loosely, that way if they’re taken away it doesn’t hurt too much. For me it’s about gratitude and being thankful for what you have which is far easier if you come from a place where you’ve had little, or nothing. That was my state after my wife sought her divorce over 30 years ago, but I’ve rebounded and may get back to where I was….any day now! It’s good to hear that you’re getting a place where you don’t have to worry about getting a 30 day notice to vacate. It’s been nearly 30 years since I’ve paid rent so I’ve forgotten about rent day anxiety and having to come up with the funds every month. My house payment is only $493 a month, far less than I could rent my 2 bedroom house with an attached 2-1/2 car heated garage for, and it includes escrow for insurance and taxes, and it’s on autopay so I never think about it anymore. Thanks for reminding me how fortunate I am and hopefully you will find yourself being soon.
As far non-baby stuff, I own 2 vehicles, a utility trailer, tools + rolling chest, power tools, TV, PC, DVDs, CDs, shelving, microwave, mini-fridge, sewing machine...then there's the crib, high-chair, rocking chair, toys + chest, red wagon, yoga ball, big baby clothes...and stuffies. No boats, motorcycles, etc. A simple life. 🥳🥰

BobbiSueEllen said:
As far non-baby stuff, I own 2 vehicles, a utility trailer, tools + rolling chest, power tools, TV, PC, DVDs, CDs, shelving, microwave, mini-fridge, sewing machine...then there's the crib, high-chair, rocking chair, toys + chest, red wagon, yoga ball, big baby clothes...and stuffies. No boats, motorcycles, etc. A simple life. 🥳🥰
No wonder you want the security of never being told that you have to move! I had been living hand to mouth when I finally decided that I wasn’t going to around to selling my house and moving to the lake cabin that my folks left me. Then my life went from famine to feast and I bought some of the things that I had wanted including a ‘06 Harley Dyna Wide Glide and ‘13 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI. As far as a boat I kept the 21’ pontoon that my folks had at the cabin, but I did buy a new trailer for it. Mom and dad took their pontoon down the Mississippi River from Wisconsin to Arkansas and back in the ‘90s and ai hope to repeat their journey this coming summer if it works out. The one thing that I would like to get again is a woman in my life but I’m not going to get that accomplished if I don’t get out of the house more!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DiaperedCherub
CutestPaddedFemboy said:
mine would be to get a job
Another good goal. A job is like the atoms of the universe. They are the building blocks through which everything is achieved.
I lasted 6 months on my first job. Didn't like it and even hated my boss. Not a good combination for an enjoyable job. So, after talking to some friends, I discovered I liked working with people. So I started working in the private security sector. Spent 25 years doing it. And I actualy enjoyed it. Granted, I wasn't jumping up & down each day to go to work. But it was enjoyable. I liked my boss, liked all my coworkers and the enviornment I was in. Being truly happy made me productive at what I did.
After getting married and moving to another state there wasn't any good money to be made in security. By then I was well aware that one of my other passions was to work on stuff. So I went to a local college and graduated with electro mech degree & mechanical maintence diploma. I've been on my new job for over 4 years now and it feels like 6 months. Once again I like my job, get paid to do what I like doing anyhow. I like my boss & coworkers.
So yea, a job is a great goal. Pursue what you like and your job will not be a dredge. I wish you luck!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back