New - Looking for recommendations

L2Sci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello,

I am unfortunately having to start wearing diapers daily and am looking for recommendations of what to start with for me.

I am wheelchair incomplete paraplegic due to Spinal Cord tethered but can stand and walk very short distances with walker. I need something for during day at work (8 hrs). I do not wet very often as I intermittent catheterization but i do have some bowel incontinence especially if looser. Need something i can open and reclose to cath, but can hold stool for piece of mind. I would also prefer discreet.

Thanks in advance for help!

You can call NorthStar and tell them your problem and request some samples. The Supreme and MegaMax might work for you.

I get all my diapers from InControl and they are really good, have fast delivery and the cost per diaper is low. Although if this is a medical issue, speak to your doctor, you might be able to get them prescribed.

finding the right diaper is sort a trial or error thing for what works great for one may not work well for you. check with the various companies to try samples before making a big investment into a case. this also depends on whether you are open minded to ABDL style diapers or only medical style. The majority of medical style that have a landing zone for the tapes are best for opening and closing more than once, however normally you are only able to do that once, and make sure your hands are clean to minimize getting stuff on the tapes. the best diapers for repeated opening and closed (refastening) are those that have the hook and loop fasteners which are found in the ABDL style diapers. Tykables brand all have the hook and loop. Rearz barnyard has hook and loop along with ABU little kings. there are more but those are the ones i know. with the hook and loop you don't have to worry about lotion, cream, and powder on your hands they still fasten. The hook and loop can be adjusted throughout your day. Having stool/BM accidents you would want to stay with a premium heavy absorbent diaper especially if you are planning on going 8 hours without changing. Premium diapers are best suited for bowel IC.

Back