New Job

why tell them? it's protected under HIPA here in the states. Unless you NEED special arrangements, it's no different than getting up and going to the head when you need to .

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BengieG said:
why tell them? it's protected under HIPA here in the states. Unless you NEED special arrangements, it's no different than getting up and going to the head when you need to .
I told them so I don’t feel uncomfortable carrying it to the bathroom. It’s making it easier.

Reactions: CptKirk, Dry247 and Angelapinks
BabyHailey1977 said:
I’m so excited about my new job. I start next week and this will be my first office job. That being said, I’m trying to figure out if I want to tell HR about my incontinence or if I should keep it private.

Until I start, I’m not going to be able to figure out the logistics for changing. But I’m not looking forward to taking a backpack into the bathroom at a new job.

Does anyone have any pointers?
You must tell HR, just covers your back, if you have any issues

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
I'm not happy with my situation, being physically unreliable to work a "steady" job though I do stay pretty damn busy as for as hard as i TRY to hide from people, they still find me LOL. I've been getting 100% VA disability since '19 now, so I no longer HAVE TO continually take on jobs that left me hospitalized for as long as 5 weeks any longer but I do enjoy what I do and I'm still amongst the top 1-2% in my field. Still, I'd rather be in Tn helping my best friend with his business as the pay was excellent, especially being I stopped his business from hemorrhaging cash 75% of the time and he's making over 250k/yr profit now.

My best friend knows of my issues and has for years and many of the subcontractors figured it out yet everyone was professional about it. I mean, my disabilities are visible in a lot of ways from the cane to my back simply "throwing a rod" and me going down (HARD!) so all in all, I don't expect anything more or anything less.

IF I was working for a steady employer (outside of one of my other friends as his mechanic (LOADS of power equipment, power sprayers, vehicles and heavy equipment) I would tell them up front. I have no need to hide a thing and I would not respond well to anyone if they thought it was funny. The ultra strong built like a brick shit house version of me may have died 20+ years ago, but the attitude sure didn't! Besides, after 8 years wrestling with 14 more as a coach, I'm pretty certain I can trick someone into engaging with me which gives me the ability to put them on their back almost instantly and then maybe I can be what I once was LOL.

I guess you can take the guy out of the fight, but never the fight out of the guy.

Seriously though, I totally understand disclosing this. I would as well. I wish you the best n your new venture!

CptKirk

Reactions: Angelapinks
I have had the same job for the last couple of years and ended up telling HR not long ago about my incontinence so that I could get key access to a shallow cupboard that is built into our accessible rest room to store some of my supplies in. It means that I no longer have to bring my back pack into the toilet with me to change. Instead I just go to the bathroom first thing when I come in on Monday and restock it with nappies, wipes, disposal bags, and a spare pair of plastic pants and trousers. There are other incontinent people in my workplace who have some pads, pull ups and wipes stored in the other side of it. I wouldn’t know who they are. If you end up finding a similar set up at your new workplace it could be worth disclosing your condition.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Back