New bigger sized goodnites coming Mar. 2021

Just got the boys XL in Ottawa at a shoppers drug mart!

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks, LonelyFOX, neophyte and 1 other person
Prairie said:
Awesome, the most I've seen anywhere at once so far (other than my room). Girl vs boy demand illustrated graphically.
It’s the same here in Bermuda. The girls XL are always full and un-purchased, whereas boys seem to be selling well. I wonder what this means long term, like will girls XL be discontinued?

Does anyone have any experience seeing girls XL selling well at stores and being purchased, or is it like this across the board?

Hoping both continue to sell well!

neophyte said:
It's so weird wearing these, they are so light and unnoticeable that they feel like underwear; it is easy to forget if you're even padded before you tinkle. Afterwards its still quite dry, light, unnoticeable... it's as if you never even had an accident.

The XL are most definitely larger than the L/XL but I do wish the leg guards were a bit taller, given that these are for teens the leg guards should be taller than the leg guards designed for babies and toddlers. Also I've found that once slightly wet it sags and creates a gap in the crotch area where subsequent wettings could leak from.
I never used to wear daily and now I’m wearing a pair of XL’s almost every day. I’ve got boys size XL undies on over them, so no sagging or sliding. Only had a tiny leak once about an hour after drinking a Dunkin’ large iced coffee.

neilt001 said:
It’s the same here in Bermuda. The girls XL are always full and un-purchased, whereas boys seem to be selling well. I wonder what this means long term, like will girls XL be discontinued?

Does anyone have any experience seeing girls XL selling well at stores and being purchased, or is it like this across the board?
I know that girls develop faster so don't have as many problems. I doubt KCC would ever only have a size in only one gender, but I have seen stores not sell the L/XL for girls in the past, due to limited shelf space and low demand. I wouldn't be surprised if some stores only carried boys XL. Online it's different, where warehouse space is plentiful. In most places I've always seen boys and girls L/XL. It's rare to see any difference in offerings.

Are they plastic or cloth backed? Not a fan of cloth

passion4life said:
Are they plastic or cloth backed? Not a fan of cloth
Well. It’s plastic backed with thin layer of soft fabric. I guess it’s to make it to resemble underwear.

Reactions: Angelapinks
jamiejamie said:
Well. It’s plastic backed with thin layer of soft fabric. I guess it’s to make it to resemble underwear.
TY

I'm sort of surprised they didn't go unisex on the xl honestly because I doubt there are enough girls big enough to need the xl that are also still bedwetting. Since they did continue with the separate gender on the xl I am a bit curious why they didn't leave more room in the crotch for the boys xl and a higher rise/ more room in the back on the girl ones because we all know that by the time most children are big enough to need an xl goodnite then they are going to be developed enough in the front or rear according to their biology to need some extra room.

Reactions: TigerDL, Sparrow75 and Angelapinks
However- it is easy to peel off the fabric covering and revealing the plastic layer. That’s only for the main part of the pull ups, not the stretchy sides.
passion4life said:

Reactions: TigerDL and DanElmontan
KenworthW900b said:
I'm sort of surprised they didn't go unisex on the xl honestly because I doubt there are enough girls big enough to need the xl that are also still bedwetting. Since they did continue with the separate gender on the xl I am a bit curious why they didn't leave more room in the crotch for the boys xl and a higher rise/ more room in the back on the girl ones because we all know that by the time most children are big enough to need an xl goodnite then they are going to be developed enough in the front or rear according to their biology to need some extra room.
Agree with all this! At the XL range, there should be differences between boys and girls, but they didn't do this. Otherwise what was the point of having gendered goodnites, given that, as you said, very few girls really need that size and they may as well have just made them unisex to save on shelf space and reduce chance of having a whole product being un-used and unnecessary.

Last edited:
Note: I am not sponsored by Target, I just want to share a great deal!
For those of us who live in the US (Sorry Canada), Target is having a promotion through their Target Circle program where you can buy a box of 28 count of Boys or Girls Size Xl Goodnites for only $21.32! Using this discount, I grabbed myself my first box of Goodnites! If you want to take advantage of this offer, it ends this Saturday, July 3rd.

Reactions: WillFord384
Goodnitesdude0127 said:
Note: I am not sponsored by Target, I just want to share a great deal!
For those of us who live in the US (Sorry Canada), Target is having a promotion through their Target Circle program where you can buy a box of 28 count of Boys or Girls Size Xl Goodnites for only $21.32! Using this discount, I grabbed myself my first box of Goodnites! If you want to take advantage of this offer, it ends this Saturday, July 3rd.
Target tried and failed to get in Canada, they had their stores, but the deals weren't there, they made multiple mistakes on the prices from the ads and it wasn't the same at the cash register, they didn't have enough staff and were very rude when we reported the mistakes at their customer relations, they didn't want to give the articles for free which is a law in Canada if the price of the article is less than 10$ and they purposely made a mistake on the weekly ads or the price wasn't the same at the cash register, they wanted a more trendy market than they have in USA, that's not what we wanted and they eventually closed all their stores.

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127, Angelapinks and Prairie
CodyBaby said:
Target tried and failed to get in Canada, they had their stores, but the deals weren't there, they made multiple mistakes on the prices from the ads and it wasn't the same at the cash register, they didn't have enough staff and were very rude when we reported the mistakes at their customer relations, they didn't want to give the articles for free which is a law in Canada if the price of the article is less than 10$ and they purposely made a mistake on the weekly ads or the price wasn't the same at the cash register, they wanted a more trendy market than they have in USA, that's not what we wanted and they eventually closed all their stores.
Absolutely! There is a great video on Youtube by Bright Sun Films in his series called Abandoned, which this particular video in that series covers the history of Target Canada, and it is quite interesting to watch.

Reactions: Goodnites4Ever1997, Angelapinks and Prairie
FunNerd66 said:
Just got the boys XL in Ottawa at a shoppers drug mart!
My girlfriend got for me the boys goodnites at London Drugs!

Most of the stores I have been in do not even have a place on the shelves for the girls XL, and many don't have a spot for the girls L either. Conversely most have stocked boys XL, and all have stocked boys L, and the boys L & XL both sell incredibly well. I spoke to store managers and assistant managers and inquired about the stocking, and most said the sales of the girls L/XL, L & XL were not very good so they either discontinued carrying the product or never did based on analysis from other nearby locations. On the other hand the boys L & XL sell exceptionally well so much so they are having a hard time keeping them in stock. If you look at studies they found that there is a relationship between age, height, weight, percent body fat/BMI, and obviously gender as well. Curiously, boys who have a lower percent body fat and smaller waist for their age are more likely to wet the bed. So most boys who wet the bed at a later age 12-14, are very fit and not overweight. On the other side, most girls who wet the bed do so prior to puberty beginning and those who continue after that point are typically grossly overweight so much so that they are too large even for the Goodnites L & XL, at age 12-14 their average waist is 33 inches and hips are 38 inches and weight is around 155 pounds, all of which far exceed the capacity of Goodnites. This suggests that older girls who wet past puberty starting are transitioning directly into adult products as opposed to boys who still wet who are typically much slimmer and can still easily fit in the Goodnites. So this seems to answer the question on why Boys Goodnites XL sell so much better than Girls XL. And in some cases I wouldn't be surprised if a parent bought the girls if the boys was out of stock and they couldn't find boys XL anywhere, which would give you a false impression about the sales for girls XL.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and TigerDL
okmis said:
Most of the stores I have been in do not even have a place on the shelves for the girls XL, and many don't have a spot for the girls L either. Conversely most have stocked boys XL, and all have stocked boys L, and the boys L & XL both sell incredibly well. I spoke to store managers and assistant managers and inquired about the stocking, and most said the sales of the girls L/XL, L & XL were not very good so they either discontinued carrying the product or never did based on analysis from other nearby locations. On the other hand the boys L & XL sell exceptionally well so much so they are having a hard time keeping them in stock. If you look at studies they found that there is a relationship between age, height, weight, percent body fat/BMI, and obviously gender as well. Curiously, boys who have a lower percent body fat and smaller waist for their age are more likely to wet the bed. So most boys who wet the bed at a later age 12-14, are very fit and not overweight. On the other side, most girls who wet the bed do so prior to puberty beginning and those who continue after that point are typically grossly overweight so much so that they are too large even for the Goodnites L & XL, at age 12-14 their average waist is 33 inches and hips are 38 inches and weight is around 155 pounds, all of which far exceed the capacity of Goodnites. This suggests that older girls who wet past puberty starting are transitioning directly into adult products as opposed to boys who still wet who are typically much slimmer and can still easily fit in the Goodnites. So this seems to answer the question on why Boys Goodnites XL sell so much better than Girls XL. And in some cases I wouldn't be surprised if a parent bought the girls if the boys was out of stock and they couldn't find boys XL anywhere, which would give you a false impression about the sales for girls XL.
You also have to add the market of disabled kids on the autism spectrum especially its a lot more common on boys than girls, and they typically use Goodnites as diapers since some can't be potty trained, and the ones that can often need the protection of a Goodnites because they sometimes forget to go when they are excited or very absorbed by what they're doing.

Reactions: Angelapinks, TigerDL and 12srepaid
CodyBaby said:
You also have to add the market of disabled kids on the autism spectrum especially its a lot more common on boys than girls, and they typically use Goodnites as diapers since some can't be potty trained, and the ones that can often need the protection of a Goodnites because they sometimes forget to go when they are excited or very absorbed by what they're doing.
Actually K-C & P&G don't care about this market, and that is the unfortunate truth, because it is not significant enough to be worth there while. Autistic, special needs, handicapped people do not matter to them because compared to everyone else they are designing the product for they are statistically insignificant.

Back