New Bambino 'Prototype Diaper'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is getting their sample today and who is going to do a review?

I'm getting mine later and I'm going to drink 2 liters of water before bed. I'm gonna wreck this bad boy!

Got the sample. Holy moly this diaper is fantastic :biggrin:

It feels about as thick as the Bellissimo - not as thick as a Rearz or other off-the-charts diaper but quite sufficient for me personally. The loop/fasten tape panel is very securely attached to the body and the overall quality is impressive, consistent with Bambino standards. The wing "span" is shorter horizontally to compensate for this panel. Looking forward to trying it out!

jeremyi said:
Got the sample. Holy moly this diaper is fantastic :biggrin:

It feels about as thick as the Bellissimo - not as thick as a Rearz or other off-the-charts diaper but quite sufficient for me personally. The loop/fasten tape panel is very securely attached to the body and the overall quality is impressive, consistent with Bambino standards. The wing "span" is shorter horizontally to compensate for this panel. Looking forward to trying it out!

Please let us know how it performs. Can you take some pics of it and post so we can see what this diaper looks like before you use it?

I was hoping to have pictures and a brief review for everyone by now but my order never shipped.

I'm wearing one right now. I haven't worn Bellissimos (my little side finds them too girly looking and yucky), so I can't compare to them. That said, this is hands down the best AB/DL dydee I've ever worn. The taping is awesome, and it's oh so thick. Haven't tested wet performance yet. Not loving the character panel, but I know they'll change it (pun intended haha) eventually. Can't wait until Bambino makes a full line of these!

I've now road tested it and am less impressed. It held one relatively heavy wetting and then gave me the worst leak I've had in a very long time on a flood a couple hours later. In my experience the Teddies (at least the recent batches) don't do that. Now I've been changed (by myself) and am in a nice dry Teddy in time for bed.

BuffedBaby said:
Still not going to be as good as Northshore's IMO

Do they have velcro fastenings?! I really am interested if you've got an answer! bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

Kenn said:
Tena Stretch Super has Velcro tapes as well.

...but they're only available in the USA! ...You lucky things! bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

BouncyBoy said:
You can see some more pictures of this diaper over here: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/50569-bambino-hybrid-diaper/

You can see how the stretchy sides are attached to what looks like a regular diaper.

What do you think Jeremy? Maybe you need to have a chat with your peeps.

OMG! I feel faint! It's been a while but me childhood's - potensially (if I buy some!!) (UK resident you see!!!) - about to come back! bringmesunshine

Willy81 said:
I found those images on a blog (I don't remember where), it's how new Bambino will looks like

View attachment 24927
View attachment 24928
View attachment 24929
View attachment 24930
View attachment 24931

- - - Updated - - -

Oh found, it was on DailyDiapers forum!

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/50569-bambino-hybrid-diaper/

So, this is the new diaper they're testing? Is the plastic louder or quieter? Is the taping panel Velcro and the rest plastic? Is it thicker then the Belissimo?

Thx Bambino

It took forever, but I finally got my case of medium teddies (and the included prototype diaper) today! Shipping across the length of the country is painfully slow...

Anyways, the new diapers really surprised after just holding one for a brief moment. They feel thick and actually heavy and dense.

Putting it on, I can see why they're claiming these diapers are so uber-comfortable. They have a really comforting thickness too them, and the fit you can get my the hugely refastenable (sp?) tabs is really great.

I was interested to find out that the actual tabs themselves aren't necessarily stretch--but rather wing portion of the diaper itself that the tabs are attached to IS quite stretchy.

My only (very minor) complaint is the small fact that because the sides are stretchy, I wasn't able to get as snug of a fit as I otherwise would with the tabs on the teddies. So they fit somewhat looser. Irregardless, they're still crazy comfortable--so it's not really a big deal I suppose. I have a 29'-30' waist, so the mediums are probably close to being too big for me, but I found as long as I come very close to overlapping the tabs, I can get it to fit.

As far as the absorbency, I have no idea as of yet, as I only just put it on! But--judging by how crazy thick they feel, and the very quality feeling leak guards/waistbands etc...Id be shocked if this wasn't at least as absorbent as a Bellisimo, which was already probably the thirstiest diaper out there.

P.S- I feel like the heaviness of this diaper might have to due with the amount of SAP in it. It feels like a very dense, SAPy diaper at first glance.

Last edited:
Well, I got one on. There is a lot to like about this diaper.

Then something happened that the ring did not expect... Arrousal. Putting these tabs on, and the feeling of the sides stretching against the skin, brought a huge baby diaper feeling. Diapers do not typically arouse me so this was a big surprise (They did early on). The feeling was very... Large Goodnight like.

I also had to go number two so I yanked these things down. The tabs complained but did not pop. It was like pulling down a stretchy pullup! Afterwords I pulled it up, it still didn't pop. I readjusted the tab and was on my way. The much better ease of use is a big plus.

The sides are actually quite stretchy. I'm somewhere around 40"/42" and I've got the top tabs on the large pulled together to within 1/2" of each other. It's about as tight as I could get a space diaper with their amazing tapes. Also, if you need to reach down to "adjust your furniture", it is FAR more forgiving. No worries about popping a tape. These stretchy sides are great.

Sizing. Here's something that could finally kill one of Bambino's few issues, odd sizing/lack of sized. I can't fit into a medium, but as stretchy as these sides, are, I think I could quite easily. Why does this matter? Options! If I want a shorter ride up for wearing during the day, I could go with a Medium. For extra night time protection, the Larges can just as easily fit. Now Bambino can service a much more variable range of body sizes. No more bitching because the mediums are just way smaller than the large for some reason.

Can't say how good these tas will be under weight, so I'm going to be wearing this thing for awhile to see.

Tabs are larger than what it looks like in the photos.

It feels thicker in between the legs, like sitting on a small pillow.

The slef diapering experience is wow. I got it on laying down, went to the mirror and had full control of this thing. No more tape worries, and no more packing tape. It sure made it a lot easier than any diaper I've ever worn.

Anyone with less than a 32" waist I think will have more reason to complain. You have to stretch these pretty hard to get them tight. They will accommodate larger waists now.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447716695.969655.jpg

That's all for now. If the absorbency can pass 2.3 liters, Bambino will have redefined the ABDL diaper experience.

Last edited:
They seem to be great diapers. But belly sleepers tend not to like Velcro. So if I got the new diapers I would use them in the day time only.

And now the downsides.

I wouldn't say these are ready to go in their current form. They seem like they are thicker than Bellissimos. Whatever Bambino means by more absorbency than Bellissimo, it certainly does not appear to have more capacity.

Went to bed with this on and it started leaking around 1.5 liters. At 2 liters it had made a sufficient wet spot that I took it off to change and weigh it. This is certainly not in the performance range of Bellissimo/Comficare/Space Diaper.

It seems the issue might be wicking. The midsection of the diaper got so thick, it seemed to block any urine from draining to the rear of the diaper. It was in fact very hard to fill the diaper front to back because of this without leaking.

The other issue with leaking might be do to fit with the new tab system, but I can't say for sure.

Sizing has been impacted in it's current form. The diaper can accomodate much larger users. This is great for me, because I want to use a medium due to it's shorter length, mostly for day use where I don't want the diaper riding up my back. For smaller users barely fitting into a medium, this is going to be a negative. You will be criss crossing these tabs to get that diaper tight.

What I can say, is it was a pleasure to try it, but until it can perform like a Space Diaper, the fun factor of the tab system has warn off for me.

Very interesting reading about these. We finally seem to have the once-mythical AB/DL diaper with stretchy sides. Excellent! That said, with the sides being stretchy, I can't see how having two "tapes" per side makes any sense. One big tape would behave identically, and be more baby-diaper-like. My fondest hope for this diaper is that it inspires ABU to put stretchy, single-tape wings on Cushies. That would be awesome, and would, I think, solve the fit issue for those who've had difficulty with it in the past.

Cottontail said:
Very interesting reading about these. We finally seem to have the once-mythical AB/DL diaper with stretchy sides. Excellent! That said, with the sides being stretchy, I can't see how having two "tapes" per side makes any sense. One big tape would behave identically, and be more baby-diaper-like. My fondest hope for this diaper is that it inspires ABU to put stretchy, single-tape wings on Cushies. That would be awesome, and would, I think, solve the fit issue for those who've had difficulty with it in the past.

Looking at the 3M site for these tabs, I don't think tabs that big exist.

Also having used one of these diapers, I don't feel that a single tab would be appropriate for fitting. Now if you just want one big tab because it's more babyish, well I don't know what to say to that. Maybe somebody will make one.

I found the flexibility of a top and bottom tab to be most useful in completing the finishing adjustments. One large tab might have a harder time fitting around your curves to get as much traction that two tabs can give. I've tried a single tape diaper and it could never compare to a two tape diaper for actually keeping the diaper on.

I could be wrong.

BouncyBoy said:
I've tried a single tape diaper and it could never compare to a two tape diaper for actually keeping the diaper on.
Well, just consider that pull-ups are, in effect, single-tab diapers where the tab has been replaced with a permanent weld. So are regular undies, but with a seam. They both work fine. The whole point of stretchy panels is so that the diaper conforms to your curves automatically, right? As far as I'm concerned, the only reason for adult diapers to have all those silly extra tabs is that they're really quite non-conformal, being almost entirely without elastic in the waists. Not so with these diapers, though. But yeah, you need a big tab. Just taking away one of the small tabs wouldn't work.

Best fit I've ever had was with one tape per side.

Best fit I've ever had was with one tape per side. Abu got it right with fit. Wish they were like north shore for absorbency.

Should have a medium comparison up by this weekend. Hopefully the capacity thing was a fluke. I had a bad experience with a Comficare last night. Leaked at 1.5 liters but normally can hold just over 2.0 liters. Makes me think that there can be variation in the sap when produced.

Mediums had a nice snug fit for a 40/42 waist, but the capacity is not Bellissimo level.

Hoping that will be fixed. Feel safer in a Space Diaper or Bellissimo for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back