New Abu Cushies Sizing?

ChristianDiaperLover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
So I just got the new Abu Cushies 4 tab diapers and I got them in medium since that’s my usual size with Abu and when I got them for a medium I feel like it’s to small. It just doesn’t feel right. Anyone else have the same issue or did I just get a bad pack?

I'd contact Abu. Their support is top notch and they'd likely want to know if something seems off

Reactions: PaddedCub and ChristianDiaperLover
Bearcatz said:
They do fit a little tight on me too.

As you can see here, they fit me more like a "hipster panty" than a "brief": https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/cushies-ultra-4-tape-first-try-on-impressions.180693/
Well it doesn’t surprise me then if they do run small. I know Abu can run into errors when they make a new diaper. It’s happened before with some of their products. Usually it’s a tab issue but sadly it’s a sizing issue. They fit me but they aren’t really comfortable to wear for a long time.

unnamed said:
I'd contact Abu. Their support is top notch and they'd likely want to know if something seems off
That might be a good idea.

ChristianDiaperLover said:
They fit me but they aren’t really comfortable to wear for a long time.
Yea, I can totally understand that. If I was like 2 inches wider in the waist, I feel like the bottom tapes would be quite useless where I'd have to tape them.

You can really see what I mean in the photo where I'm on my side. The bottom tapes are pretty low, but the top ones are nearly off the landing strip.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I think it’s due to the new two tabs position and yes they are a tad smaller . But I wear medium size and they fit me perfectly . If you’re at the top end of medium they might be a tad tight I’m guessing here . I’m at the low end so I have plenty of room . See if they will send you a free sample of L offer to pay shipping so they might go for that . No one needs an expensive pack or case that don’t fit . I accidentally ordered a whole case of Bambino S/M Magnifico diapers
they fit if I did not move lol but the tabs simply did not sit right . I took the case to a donation place locally where they take diapers only ( diaper bank ) and donated the case minus 1 pack . Expensive mistake 🤦🏻‍♂️

Their stated sizing does certainly run smaller.

I'm a ~32 waist in the pictures, but I think even just a couple inches wider really should be going into a Large instead.

1701788737802.png

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover and mightytoddler
Bearcatz said:
Their stated sizing does certainly run smaller.

I'm a ~32 waist in the pictures, but I think even just a couple inches wider really should be going into a Large instead.

View attachment 124761
That doesn’t make sense to me since I’m a 30 to 31 waist. So the medium should realistically fit me perfectly but it doesn’t.

I’ve noticed this as well. Got some in the Black Friday sale and they’re definitely a tighter fit than other Mediums. I also find the same with the Super Dry Kids compared to the Kiddo ones. A bit smaller isn’t an issue for me though.

ChristianDiaperLover said:
That doesn’t make sense to me since I’m a 30 to 31 waist. So the medium should realistically fit me perfectly but it doesn’t.
Maybe not, but I'm pretty tall and skinny, so maybe if you're more of a round 30-31 it'd fit worse?

Just speculating.

Agree - I posted about this in another thread.

I comfortably wear a Large

These in Large are doable, but very snug

Suspect ABU wont be doing much about this as its a one time run and from I can gather, maybe a mistake?

If i had to guess, these are actually the new Tiny Tails but with a Cushies shell by mistake...which is why they are a one time only run.

total speculation on my part

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL
Just got mine. Yeah they're a bit smaller than what I'm use to from ABU. Shoulda got a large. They fit but bearly.

I agree I just got my order yesterday and wore a couple and noticed that they seem to fit really tight for a medium.

Wanted to give an update. I got another package. This time a large instead of a medium.

If you're like me you might find yourself often between sizes. These are a great option. I consider myself a Tykables medium and a Bambino large. Usually bouncing around when it comes to companies like ABU and Rearz. Just got a large. The fit is awesome and the tapes fall perfectly. Not on the sides, not so they're almost touching in the front, but right in that sweet spot in the middle.

In summary, they run small. Size up and it's a great diaper for us littles who have a hard time getting the right size.

Reactions: TigerDL and ChristianDiaperLover
Back