New Absorption Tech Much Better Than SAP Was Made!

Role
  1. Other
The company called Pee-Ka-Poo refers to their innovative brand new kind of diaper technology as the first 3rd generation diaper technology (where basic cloths are considered 1st generation diapers and SAP based diapers are considered 2nd generation). They claim that their Pee-Ka-Poo diapers absorb more than 3x faster than SAP technology in leading brands. They also claim that their padding doesn't clump at all as the material in the diaper stays in place while the absorption process happens and the absorption is distributed evenly across the whole diaper. They also claim that it keeps the skin of the wearer drier and more comfortable making for more pleasant diaper wearing experiences. The diapers are reportedly thinner to manufacture and uniformly shaped throughout the duration of use between changes. In addition to all of these benefits, the technology makes retention of the liquid significantly more effective than 1st or 2nd generation diapers.

This new 3rd generation absorption and diaper padding design/technique/technology was created specifically for diapers recently and was successfully introduced to the market in the diaper brand from Singapore called "Pee-Ka-Poo" with their diapers receiving very favorable reviews from people who use them. Various material designs and manufacturing techniques were found by two dads who had knowledge on how to develop such a technology and they helped adapt what they knew about manufacturing and modern textiles to create and launch the diaper brand by making a 3rd generation diaper (apparently the first of its kind) from scratch after visiting various factories and putting a lot of thought and effort into designing a brand new kind of diaper. From information that I read about Pee-Ka-Poo's 3rd generation diapers, it sounded like this technology might be in use in western markets too as the website mentioned that Pee-Ka-Poo was the only brand in the eastern part of the world that uses it. I don't know of any diaper manufacturer in the west that uses the technology though (unless someone like Kimberly-Clark is using it to develop the first 3rd generation diaper since they are a brand headquartered in the western part of the world--or unless there is a small western brand using it currently that hasn't marketed itself well or something--maybe machines used to make the diapers is hard to manufacture or it will take a while for them to scale their manufacturing fast enough for the demand so they are trying not to market their products loudly yet).

The reason why I mention Kimberly-Clark specifically (and not another western-headquartered brand such as P&G) is because Kimberly-Clark recently announced that their Huggies line of diapers are about to receive "exciting performance upgrades" this year (2023). One of my first thoughts after I heard Kimbley-Clark announce that was that maybe they will use Pee-Ka-Poo's 3rd generation diaper technology! (But not to get too excited here since I don't really know if that will happen or not or if Pee-Ka-Poo is exaggerating the performance capabilities of their diapers.)

The way I even found out about this new technology was really not very likely. I wasn't even looking for it. I just happened to be exposed to it on Google Images at one point when I searched for something diaper related. I saw an image that had the text Pee-Ka-Poo in it and thought that was a clever pun so I clicked on it in case I might be able to find out more about the pun's creator but after learning it was a diaper brand I started reading about it since I'd never heard of it before and a little while after that, I realized that I just happened to find possibly one of the most significant advances in diaper tech ever (if not the single most significant one ever). I didn't even know that Pee-Ka-Poo was a brand name when I clicked on the image.

I've been surprised that I found no other thread on this site talking about Pee-Ka-Poo or 3rd generation diaper tech yet so I thought I would post this here at some point if no one else did--so here you go! (Yay! Now I have people to celebrate with! But again let's not get too excited until we are sure this will take off and really be a thing.) Kimberly-Clark or someone might have paid people off to keep them quiet about this technology to surprise the market with the new technology if it gets released on a wide-level in the future and replaces most 2nd generation diapers to become the standard/expected design internationally for diapers sold in mainstream supermarkets.

One of my concerns is that I don't know if the chemicals involved in the new technology pose significant dangers vs 1st and 2nd generation diapers (in any part of the diaper cycle: manufacturing, wearing and/or disposal). I suppose that the whole thing could just be a joke since I haven't heard anything new about this tech in the past few years (although COVID may have delayed major companies from announcing new products like this). Pee-Ka-Poo's website still looks official and hasn't been taken down yet--press releases and news articles for the diaper are also available online--see the links I included at the end of this post). We will see if this potential breakthrough diaper tech is used successfully or not the future for both baby and adults alike. (I think it is probably more likely than not!)

Here's the full story around the creation of the diapers from Pee-Ka-Poo themselves--from here: https://peekapoo.com/our-story/
'Two fun-loving daddies in Singapore who face a tricky situation. Their wives have been constantly complaining of diaper leakages and sleepless nights! The prolonged complaints were taking a toll on the two daddies. Hence, during their business trips, the daddies started buying back diapers from countless supermarkets all over the world, from USA to China to Japan….just to see if there is any better solution out there.

They realized that in those more advanced countries, there are actually a wide range of diapers that are available. But there are just too many brands and technical details to look into. So they gave up searching for the perfect diaper. But after many more tiring and sleepless nights, countless washings of comforters and Pssst… They even had to spend quite a bit of effort and money to clean their expensive mattresses, these two daddies finally decided… “We’ve gotta do something about this situation!”

Then a light bulb moment came. One of them said “Why not let US create the SUPER DIAPER!” That was when business trips became Diaper Research trips. For months, they visited several diaper companies, trade shows and factories… trying to piece together a SUPER DIAPER FORMULA.

Finally they were able to create an extraordinary diaper. What did they do next? They spent tens of thousands of their own money to manufacture the diaper to the specification that they wanted. It’s like the diaper for SUPERHEROS! When the diapers arrived, their kids love them so much they even create a play word around it. These daddies also started giving out diapers to their friends and received very positive feedback.

When their friends ask them where to purchase those diapers, they were surprised that these two daddies were the creators of the diapers they have fallen in love with. It sounded a bit farfetched but that was what these two daddies did. Subsequently, they realised that the market had a need for really high quality premium diapers at an affordable price. That was when they decided to use the play word created by their kids for their new diaper brand, Pee-Ka-Poo!'

Here is some other information on their website where they sell diaper samples--from here: https://peekapoo.com/shop/shop-products/starter-pack/pee-ka-poo-starter-pack-bundle-of-sample/
"After one year of extensive research and development, we are proud to say that we have successfully created Asia’s first 3rd Generation Super Diaper! Its key feature is our PERMASORP CORE! It is thinner, more absorbent, more breathable and more comfortable. And most importantly, it doesn’t contain any bacteria breeding wood pulp.

Here's the 6 Distinctive Advantages of Pee-Ka-Poo Diapers

( 1 ) Fast Absorption Speed : - Pee-Ka-Poo diapers absorbs much quicker than leading brands, ensuring dryness, therefore no diaper rashes.
( 2 ) Wetness lock : - Pee-Ka-Poo diapers lock in wetness way better than other leading brands.
( 3 ) Super dry : - Urine on the skin breeds bacteria that cause odours and diaper rash, That's why Pee-Ka-Poo helps to prevent diaper rash.
( 4 ) No Leakage : - Pee-Ka-Poo’s Permasorp Core doesn’t split despite movement even from the most active toddlers, therefore preventing leakage.
( 5 ) No Breakage
( 6 ) Super Thin and Soft : - Pee-Ka-Poo diapers are so soft and comfortable and they are also thinner than most leading diaper brands, yet more absorbent."

Here's something else that's interesting which indicates that some smaller adults might fit these--from here: https://peekapoo.com/faq/
"Pee-Ka-Poo diapers come with an extended waistline, so you’ll need to wear it higher and this problem should be resolved."
Pee-Ka-Poo's largest size is appears to be XXL pull-on pants which are rated for 15-25kg--which can be found here: https://peekapoo.com/shop/pull-up-p...-explorer-xxl-15kg-25kg-50-pieces-no-variant/

Pee-Ka-Poo's largest taped diaper size appears to be XXL which is rated for 12-18kg--which can be found here: https://peekapoo.com/shop/taped-dia...d-diapers-talker-xl-12kg-18kg-80-pieces-copy/

Here is a link to an ADISC discussion about Kimberly Clark's announced Goodnites and Huggies improvements planned for 2023:

Here is a video showing the Pee-Ka-Poo diapers absorbing more than 3.2x faster than a leading brand (some of you here might be able to give us good feedback as to if this is significantly better performance than usual for great diapers and if you think this leading brand uses SAP):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a news article that was published near the end of 2019 about how the Pee-Ka-Poo diaper company came into existence--the article says that the 2 dads who created the diaper started their research about how to make the diapers in 2015 and then started selling them in 2018:

Wow--I just found out now that one of the founders of Pee-Ka-Poo stated that "Covid-19 nearly killed our diaper firm. After mass resignations and social media flaming, key changes saved us"--from here: https://www.todayonline.com/voices/...al-media-flaming-key-changes-saved-us-1868746

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 63979, CptKirk and I12BLittle89
Wow if Kimberly Clark is adapting this technology. It would mean my dream that Goodnites would have crazy fast absorption would be true.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 63979
Very interesting to see. I really wonder if this kinda crazy fast new absorbent material is getting put in good nights. That would explain the major update to the line up that was mentioned on the financial call not too long ago. I guess we’ll have to wait and see but this is a very big deal if true.

Reactions: TigerDL and I12BLittle89
Any fast absorbing diaper that wicks away moister from the skin will be a big plus !

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020, Deleted member 63979 and 1 other person
If the liquid is spread over all the diaper, it's a good new. Different type of Polymer Absorbant exists. Some of them are able to absorb very quickly (even faster) but then, it doesn't spread the liquid, it stays where it's absorbed. Others are able to absorb much more but very slowly. The current SAP is a tradeoff between speed and quantity. It's not only the absorbent that is important but also how the liquid is distributed inside the diaper.

If they are able to distribute the urine flow over all the diaper and absorb it 3 times faster, then yes, it's a very good new.

Reactions: TigerDL, AJFan2020 and I12BLittle89
I found a few more videos about how the new diaper core works including how dry they are for press out leakage, that they are the world's thinnest diaper and that the inner absorbent material stays in place:

Minimal Press-Out After Absorption:

Claimed To Be the World's Thinness Diapers:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inner Material Doesn't Scatter But Stays In Place:

Inner Material Doesn't Break Into Sections:

Pee-Ka-Poo Press-Out Is Only 0.5 Grams vs 8.5 Grams In a Leading Brand For Same Testing Technique Used In the Video:

Last edited:
Seems like a good product.

Peek-a-poo though?! Terrible branding. That name will hold them back.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and BabyLink9
DloverUK said:
Seems like a good product.

Peek-a-poo though?! Terrible branding. That name will hold them back.
I was thinking the same thing. Compared to everything else this product does, that name is too stupid to catch the attention of the average buyer.

BabyLink9 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Compared to everything else this product does, that name is too stupid to catch the attention of the average buyer.
Ironically, since the name is the reason I checked the company out, it's the reason we can discuss this great technology. Otherwise I likely would have not known about it at this point. Personally, I thought the name was really fitting considering it represents what the product is for since the name starts with the word "Pee" and ends with the word "Poo."

It also is a play on the word Peek-a-Boo which is a game that parents often play with their young diaper clad babies--so it is a familiar sounding name for both parents and children alike. It's a cute name too since it's a creative yet applicable modification of that phrase for representing what diapers are designed to contain.

Especially since the name was coined by kids, it makes it even more fitting for a children's product in my mind. I don't think it is potentially as off-putting as the name Huggies for those who might think of it as offensive or repulsive since diaper products fit tightly around (hug) a wearer's lower-hip area. But I can understand if people are disgusted by pee and poo and that they don't desire to think about it every time they see the brand name. Overall though, I think it works great. The name is catchy, playful and memorable. All of which are important for great branding of a children's product.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
TabaCrate said:
Different type of Polymer Absorbant exists. Some of them are able to absorb very quickly (even faster) but then, it doesn't spread the liquid, it stays where it's absorbed. Others are able to absorb much more but very slowly.
You have this almost completely figured out. The first part of the equation is the type of SAP used. It would have to be the quick absorbing sticky type to pull this off:

If you look at the speed video you can see the other part of the equation.

Screenshot (16).png

Seeing them side by side you can see that the surface tension of the fluid is greater on the other brand meaning the fluid isn't absorbing through the top sheet as fast as the pee poo diaper. Fluids are also distributed further out in the pee poo diaper as well. This is a combination of the top sheet being able to reduce the surface tension of the fluids and the fairly thick and well made ADL that seems to cover the entire area of the diaper. This is a really smart way to manufacture a great performing diaper.

Interesting developement, if true. But irrelevant for me unless introduced in adult diapers. Aaaand not under that whacky brand name.

Cheers

Reactions: TigerDL, Jonnythepony, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
BigTykes said:
Ironically, since the name is the reason I checked the company out, it's the reason we can discuss this great technology. Otherwise I likely would have not known about it at this point. Personally, I thought the name was really fitting considering it represents what the product is for since the name starts with the word "Pee" and ends with the word "Poo."

Did you notice how they used green liquid, not yellow in the video? It's because pee and poo is kinda gross and nobody wants to think about it. Even if that's what diapers are for.

LifeInPlastic said:
Interesting developement, if true. But irrelevant for me unless introduced in adult diapers. Aaaand not under that whacky brand name.

Cheers
Same for me.
Only part I don't like is ''worlds THINNEST diaper''

Reactions: Jonnythepony and LifeInPlastic
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Same for me.
Only part I don't like is ''worlds THINNEST diaper''
Yeah, thin makes no sense if it swells up 3 times it's size. It doesn't stay thin. I prefer thicker with less relative swell. Makes concealment easier. It's way more indiscrete if you suddenly look like a balloon inflated in you pants. Thin diapers are marketing bs, diapers don't stay dry.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020 and Abdlchriscrinkle
LifeInPlastic said:
Yeah, thin makes no sense if it swells up 3 times it's size. It doesn't stay thin. I prefer thicker with less relative swell. Makes concealment easier. It's way more indiscrete if you suddenly look like a balloon inflated in you pants. Thin diapers are marketing bs, diapers don't stay dry.

Cheers
I agree 100%.
I also hate those thin diapers that are nothing but SAP that turn into a big mushy bag of gel that has no shape after it swells, pretty impossible to hide that in your pants.
I would also prefer a thicker diaper that doesn't swell much (pulp), easier to conceal with clothing.

Reactions: LifeInPlastic and Diaperedsparky
Speaking as a little, I hate the idea of even thinner diapers. Baby diapers are already thin enough. Not sure how they can effectively make them thinner anyway. Notice how there haven’t been any thinness adjustments since the 90’s. Any thinner would basically be *gasp* underwear, :LOL: aside from all the absorption, distribution, and swelling concerns others have mentioned.

I also like my diapers to be squishy, but not fall apart, but we basically already have those. My favorites are the Northshore MegaMAX and the PeekABUs from a few years ago. I also like the high capacity Tykables, but they’re noisy.

Last edited:
LifeInPlastic said:

Cheers
One advantage of thinness is that a person could look and feel less bulky until they wet their diaper. This can be especially helpful if someone is working at certain kinds of jobs or is doing certain kinds of exercises or activities (like sports where they need to perform optimally with as little extra bulk as possible) or is in photoshoots where they need protection (just in case) but can't by any means wet on the expensive and irreplaceable one-of-a-kind costume. But those are just a few examples. There are a lot more use cases for thinness that might benefit just about everyone in certain atmospheres or situations (including improving people's health by allowing them to sleep and sit flatter until their diaper is filled).

Also, in some situations it depends on what different kinds of people might use a thin diaper for. People with usual light urination but occasional heavy wettings might prefer to have their diaper go undetected under thin clothing in certain atmospheres as long as possible and as frequent as possible but might not care if a few people notice their diaper bulge from time to time. It might especially be helpful for people who don't desire to change into a thicker higher performing diaper from a thinner lower performing one (as they might be used to doing when they get to a private location after a short outing). This 3rd generation diaper tech could add convenience for certain people in situations like those but I can understand this doesn't apply to everyone.

They likely can still add initial thickness to diapers with this absorption material to make diapers (relatively) uniformly thick throughout usage, but now they also can be made thinner until they are used which was not possible at this level before. It would be great if many companies eventually use this technology with many different diaper designs (thick and thin; wide and narrow; short and long; etc.) for many different use cases. Also, for those people who are concerned about losing diaper thickness once and for all, many different companies still make thick and thin blankets and clothing to this day even after all of the thermal insulation and soft material design advancements over the years. Since these can be made very thin and claimed to be more breathable, diapers with this new tech would be very beneficial to wear in hot and humid environments. It can be very hot to wear diapers in when it is warmer so having thinner and more breathable technology that is also more effective at containment and absorption are major advantages.

I don't think this new tech will make diapers that are at least semi-thick before wetting them a total thing of the past but the average/standard diaper certainly has gotten thinner and thinner over time so it's possible that this will further that trend. There are cost incentives to save on both space and weight for manufacturing, shipping, storage and disposal. Plus, people might desire to hide bigger diaper packages and have more space in their suitcases and rooms and such. So there are definitely pros and cons to thicker vs thinner.

TLDR: Diapers can still be made just as thick--but now they can make them even thinner which opens new opportunities and conveniences in certain situations. Due to cost and space saving benefits, however, thinner diapers might be the standard going forward. A significant advantage of thinner diapers is that they can improve the health of just about everyone in certain situations such as being able to sleep and sit flatter until the diaper is filled. There are beneficial uses of this new tech for just about everyone.

Last edited:
After doing some research, this Pee-Ka-Poo 3rd gen tech doesn't seem too revolutionary.

I work in chemistry and intellectual property so I looked a little bit into the "Permasorp core" and the founders Jaz Lai and Andrew Tan. I could not find any patents associated with the company or the founders, which likely means there isn't anything too fundamentally different with the chemical materials they're using compared to competitors. It's probably some process related/structural change that potentially makes "Permasorp cores" absorb faster. They mention in some videos that they also import the raw material from Japanese and German manufacturing sources, which probably means their raw materials like the SAP aren't proprietary.

From comparing the images in the comparison videos they've posted, it seems like they're still using SAP. It's hard, if not impossible to make something more water absorbent than SAP, aka polyacrylic acid. Their videos do state they're using some other interconnecting material other than wood pulp to enable faster distribution of liquid. This other interconnecting material takes up less space than wood pulp and seems to have some adhesive properties to it. Overall it makes for a stiffer and stronger absorbent core compared to "Brand X."

I don't think Pee-ka-poo diapers are able to absorb much more than other diapers as it seems to use the same absorbent SAP that other diapers use. The main advancement may just be the filler material which probably more evenly spreads the SAP out more and any urine to help faster absorption. Unfortunately, the tests that they do only compare to a random "Brand X." If they really want to prove how good Pee-Ka-Poo diapers are, they need to compare to the top of the line Huggies diapers or the Pampers "triple-core tech" which supposedly does the same thing the "Permasorp core" tech is supposed to do.

If someone could get a sample of these diapers and compare them to the Pampers Swaddlers or something, that could prove the superiority of this tech. Otherwise, until then, this company's "3rd generation Permasorp core" tech seems like a gimmick and just a marketing ploy to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Joediaper, babybobby and 1 other person
BigTykes said:
One advantage of thinness is that a person could look and feel less bulky until they wet their diaper. This can be especially helpful if someone is working at certain kinds of jobs or is doing certain kinds of exercises or activities (like sports where they need to perform optimally with as little extra bulk as possible) or is in photoshoots where they need protection (just in case) but can't by any means wet on the expensive and irreplaceable one-of-a-kind costume. But those are just a few examples. There are a lot more use cases for thinness that might benefit just about everyone in certain atmospheres or situations (including improving people's health by allowing them to sleep and sit flatter until their diaper is filled).

Also, in some situations it depends on what different kinds of people might use a thin diaper for. People with usual light urination but occasional heavy wettings might prefer to have their diaper go undetected under thin clothing in certain atmospheres as long as possible and as frequent as possible but might not care if a few people notice their diaper bulge from time to time. It might especially be helpful for people who don't desire to change into a thicker higher performing diaper from a thinner lower performing one (as they might be used to doing when they get to a private location after a short outing). This 3rd generation diaper tech could add convenience for certain people in situations like those but I can understand this doesn't apply to everyone.

They likely can still add initial thickness to diapers with this absorption material to make diapers (relatively) uniformly thick throughout usage, but now they also can be made thinner until they are used which was not possible at this level before. It would be great if many companies eventually use this technology with many different diaper designs (thick and thin; wide and narrow; short and long; etc.) for many different use cases. Also, for those people who are concerned about losing diaper thickness once and for all, many different companies still make thick and thin blankets and clothing to this day even after all of the thermal insulation and soft material design advancements over the years. Since these can be made very thin and claimed to be more breathable, diapers with this new tech would be very beneficial to wear in hot and humid environments. It can be very hot to wear diapers in when it is warmer so having thinner and more breathable technology that is also more effective at containment and absorption are major advantages.

I don't think this new tech will make diapers that are at least semi-thick before wetting them a total thing of the past but the average/standard diaper certainly has gotten thinner and thinner over time so it's possible that this will further that trend. There are cost incentives to save on both space and weight for manufacturing, shipping, storage and disposal. Plus, people might desire to hide bigger diaper packages and have more space in their suitcases and rooms and such. So there are definitely pros and cons to thicker vs thinner.

TLDR: Diapers can still be made just as thick--but now they can make them even thinner which opens new opportunities and conveniences in certain situations. Due to cost and space saving benefits, however, thinner diapers might be the standard going forward. A significant advantage of thinner diapers is that they can improve the health of just about everyone in certain situations such as being able to sleep and sit flatter until the diaper is filled. There are beneficial uses of this new tech for just about everyone.
Yeah sure. Sorry, but that whole wall of text reads like you never actually wore a diaper in real life and most likely don't depend on it. So hypothetical and fabricated. Because hardly anyone with a light IC runs around in diapers on daytime (occasionally maybe). Ever single one I know prefers an insert and the data from health care confirms that. So it's not anecdotal evidence but a hard fact. Sitting on a thicker padding is an issue? You wont even notice after a few days. If anything it's even softer to sit.

Are you a sales representative? These lies about thinner meaning more discreet while the opposite is the case. The deception that the current generaton plastic backed diapers are bad for the skin and that breathable lie about CF, which only makes it smell faster and cool out resulting in a wet, cold nightmare noone should be experiencing. You really sound like a theoretical. Every supposed benefit you mentioned get's outweighted by application in reality.

The only positive thing is that absorption can be improved even further allowing for better products overall.

Cheers

Reactions: Prairie
Back