Netball Skirts

1baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Who here loves the traditional wrap around pleated netball skirt? These were very common in the 70's through to the 90's. They were worn for netball, school sports and also as part of girls school uniforms.
1691194073384.png 1691195461610.png

I wore my sisters when we were playing dress ups when I was a young boy. I thought they were comfortable to wear and cute.

Did you ever wear one when you were a child? Why or when did you wear one? Do you still wear them now? Did you also wear the netball knickers under it? i think these are still a fun and cute item to wear.

Attachments

• 1691193956020.png
    1691193956020.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: LucyMarie, ozzy4605, RuffRuff and 11 others
1baby said:
Who here loves the traditional wrap around pleated netball skirt? These were very common in the 70's through to the 90's. They were worn for netball, school sports and also as part of girls school uniforms.
View attachment 115003 View attachment 115005

I wore my sisters when we were playing dress ups when I was a young boy. I thought they were comfortable to wear and cute.

Did you ever wear one when you were a child? Why or when did you wear one? Do you still wear them now? Did you also wear the netball knickers under it? i think these are still a fun and cute item to wear.
No we didn't have them in our school. The girls gym outfit was a bubble romper in the school colours. I took a short cut during a cross country run and somebody saw me and my friend. We ended up doing 10 laps around the track wearing a girls romper suit. The other boy borrowed his but mine came from Lost & Found so I never put it back. I kept it for many years until it ripped from getting too small.

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605, Chrissie, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
OmgIi absolutely love them. I used to wear my sisters too and eventually persuaded her to buy me my own in navy blue.
I have several in colours although navy is my fav. They are made by a company called Gymphlex which made the best ones in my opinion. Personally I also prefer to wear frilly tennis knickers with mine which I know is naughty but they look so pretty.
The pics I have added are me and my collection.
Sasha

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0174.jpeg
    IMG_0174.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Love
Reactions: Blueboy, ozzy4605, Nappyboybob and 7 others
SashaNicole said:
OmgIi absolutely love them. I used to wear my sisters too and eventually persuaded her to buy me my own in navy blue.
I have several in colours although navy is my fav. They are made by a company called Gymphlex which made the best ones in my opinion. Personally I also prefer to wear frilly tennis knickers with mine which I know is naughty but they look so pretty.
Sasha
I have a little navy blue pleated skirt like this but it has a satin edged hem on the bottom like the first pic you posted. I love it and have had it for about 10 years.

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605 and Seasonedcitizen
All these skirts are very nice.

Reactions: ozzy4605 and Angelapinks
I love a netball skirt!

Reactions: Davvyboy, 1baby, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I have always liked the look of the classic netball skirt, the flat adjustable front and the tight pleats at the back are just perfect.

The netball world cup is taking place in South Africa as we speak, these days they tend to wear a short sports tight dress with shorts underneath much like a lot of tennis players now wear. I do understand why they dress like that now, but the swirl of an old time games skirt for us sissies is far more appealing.

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605, Chrissie, Ali123 and 2 others
1baby said:
View attachment 115003 View attachment 115005

Love them and the pleated Netball skirt was my first into into my female / teams side. My parents and sister who was two years older went out for the afternoon and I was left at home.
She had a bag of old clothes she was throwing out including a Netball skirt, bloomers. Training bra and summer school dress and I tried them all in and loved them. Is was where I was 13 and she was 15 and I have struggled with my gender since

• Love
Reactions: CoastieKate, ozzy4605, FCiara and 3 others
Angelapinks said:
No we didn't have them in our school. The girls gym outfit was a bubble romper in the school colours. I took a short cut during a cross country run and somebody saw me and my friend. We ended up doing 10 laps around the track wearing a girls romper suit. The other boy borrowed his but mine came from Lost & Found so I never put it back. I kept it for many years until it ripped from getting too small.
It would be great to hear more about the romper suit

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Patricia48 and Angelapinks
Stcatherines said:
It would be great to hear more about the romper suit
Always loved that romper and surely remember how embarrassed we were running the track with some of the girls watching us and cheering us on. I remember it was close to lunch and there were quite a few people outside so that was maybe why the Coach thought it would be fun to have us do that and maybe think twice about taking a short cut next time. The only other thing I wished was there were panties in the Lost & Found box as well. I may have gotten up the nerve to wear them under the romper. I did wear panties most of the time since I was young but not at school on Gym days as the Coach made us shower afterwards. I think he liked watching naked boys snapping towels at each others butts.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I have a school netball skirt. I love it. can't remember where I got it. I also have a few pairs of girls nylon knickers. very nice.

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605, FCiara, Chrissie and 2 others
A netball skirt was where it all started for me

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605, FCiara, Chrissie and 2 others
yes me too. still got it somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: nappybottom, ozzy4605, Chrissie and 1 other person
daisycupcake said:
I would love to hear how it started with you

SashaNicole said:
Sasha
Tell us more. How did you come about wearing your sisters netball skirt?

sissybaby34 said:
I have always liked the look of the classic netball skirt, the flat adjustable front and the tight pleats at the back are just perfect.

The netball world cup is taking place in South Africa as we speak, these days they tend to wear a short sports tight dress with shorts underneath much like a lot of tennis players now wear. I do understand why they dress like that now, but the swirl of an old time games skirt for us sissies is far more appealing.
Yes I too like the look of the classic netball skirt

Angelapinks said:
bubble romper
Sorry, but what is a bubble romper? Google just shows me something I don't think it looks like a gym attire.

Angelapinks said:
What’s a bubble romper? It sounds awesome!

Reactions: Davvyboy and Angelapinks
daisycupcake said:
Oooh. Do tell!

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks and 1baby
Back