Need diaper recommendations!

wheelman21

Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hey all. I need your assistance in finding a new daytime diaper. I’ve been using Tena for years but I’ve run into issue’s lately. I used to use the stretch ultra or super but lost weight and now they’re too big! So I went to their normal super. Well the tabs have recently been pulling off the sides and there’s no standing leak guards. So I need help finding a replacement daytime diaper with a cloth outer cover, preferably leak guards for containing leaks and messes, and cost effective matters too! I was paying less than $1/diaper with Tena. I doubt I’ll find anything that cheap that will fit the bill, but I don’t want to spend $2-3 each either. That adds up quick. I don’t need huge absorbency as with these, I tend to change every 4-5 hours. I’m in the USA. Thanks in advance!

I recommend seni

Reactions: Milianna and LePew
wheelman21 said:
Hey all. I need your assistance in finding a new daytime diaper. I’ve been using Tena for years but I’ve run into issue’s lately. I used to use the stretch ultra or super but lost weight and now they’re too big! So I went to their normal super. Well the tabs have recently been pulling off the sides and there’s no standing leak guards. So I need help finding a replacement daytime diaper with a cloth outer cover, preferably leak guards for containing leaks and messes, and cost effective matters too! I was paying less than $1/diaper with Tena. I doubt I’ll find anything that cheap that will fit the bill, but I don’t want to spend $2-3 each either. That adds up quick. I don’t need huge absorbency as with these, I tend to change every 4-5 hours. I’m in the USA. Thanks in advance!
are you wearing for IC or enjoyment?

Give North Shore Supreme Lite Tab Style a try , they do come in 4 colors - But not cloth like !!

SparkyDog said:
are you wearing for IC or enjoyment?
IC. Primarily Urinary, but I have had a lifelong battle with IBS, so there are some #2 accidents here and there, usually I’d the “loose” variety. I work from home so I have the luxury of most times being able to change somewhat frequently, but I don’t want something over the top because I never leave the house wet and hate the idea of spending a high per diaper cost when there are often times I change a barely wet diaper because I have to leave the house. Hopefully that makes sense.

Rita said:
Give North Shore Supreme Lite Tab Style a try , they do come in 4 colors - But not cloth like !!

Unfortunately I live in a year round warm and humid climate and need something breathable for the sake of comfort.

@wheelman21 since you wear for need have you looked into getting coverage for diapers? Insurance or healthcare plans?
not a lot of diaper choices in the dollar each range some no name brand briefs or pullups
id look into getting coverage since you need them medically

I’m also looking for a decent daytime diaper, clothbacking as I don’t want the crinkle of plastic diapers.
besides decent absorbency, the wings must be durable, tried Seni and ID slip, and they are horribly thin in the wings, and easily break.
I’m from Europe

SparkyDog said:
@wheelman21 since you wear for need have you looked into getting coverage for diapers? Insurance or healthcare plans?
not a lot of diaper choices in the dollar each range some no name brand briefs or pullups
id look into getting coverage since you need them medically
I’ll have to do that. I also need to explore an HSA. But in the meantime hopefully I can find a happy medium. I don’t mind paying a bit more, just trying not to go overboard is all.

Reactions: SparkyDog
Take a look at Prevail Air in size 1

I
drawer said:
Take a look at Prevail Air in size 1
Ill take a look at them. Have you used them?

Tranquility Smartcore are a good, reliable cloth backed option.

Thanks for the replies, but im looking for European brands. Import taxes makes foreign diapers way too expensive.
so, let me rephrase my question, a good clothbacked diaper with decently strong wings to prevent too much sag, and medium absorbency, and lastly a budget diaper.

Back