Nappy/Diaper restocking how many do you buy ?

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’ve just brought 8 cases of nappies @45 count a case = 360 nappies for day time use
How many do you buy each time you restock ?

Reactions: Edgewater, EcoIncon and DLJosie
I am on long term SSI that is my only source of income ATM, for me monthly I go through at most I think ~40 (more or less depending on various conditions) good heavy duty diapers. I supplement with cloth and boosters in cloth + plastic pants.

Reactions: Edgewater and DLJosie
I always buy 4 or 5 cases at a time, for free shipping and sometimes discounts , it pays to shop around

Reactions: Edgewater, EcoIncon and DLJosie
I buy as many as i can afford when i have money im self emplyed and my nappy income comes from extra jobs i do in the evenings the more i make off extra jobs the more nappies i buy xxx

Reactions: TreeLad
I have a closet (fairly large) next to my bedroom. I have probably 8 cases of Confidry 24/7 (yeah, I still have them since they stopped producing them)
and about 10 cases of Abena (plastic-back). I also have a half dozen Ecoable diapers and a couple of dozen plastic pants that I keep them into my bedroom chest. If I start to get low I ordered some new ones. My cleaning lady puts them in my closet (she's helpful).

Reactions: Edgewater, newt and EcoIncon
I usually by them a case at a time and re order when 1/2 used. I dont have a lot of space to stock up. My go to have been PeekABU but am venturing out to others. I bought a 1/2 case of the new Tiny Tales and based on forum reviews I ordered a 1/2 case of the Incontrol Bedry day and night. What stinks is when they are on back order and have to wait for the new batch. I had to order some Bambino Classico as ABU were out of stock. Premium ones get very expensive especially wearing all day and night.

I've not found any cost advantage to buying diapers by the case online here in Canada. The few sites that do give a discount are pretty skimpy at best. So I stock up monthly instead. Since my best price for TENA Super for overnight use is at Walmart, I just buy almost a months worth (24) at a time. For pull-ups, I buy them on sale from select stores or when they go on sale at others. This avoids shipping costs.

Reactions: Edgewater and EcoIncon
I autoship Megamax 2 cases at a time. I would do 1 case at a time, except then shipping wouldn't be free. For daytime diapers, I usually go for whatever amount I need to in order to get the best discount. Sometimes that is 1-2 cases at a time, sometimes it means 8 boxes of Abena at once. When I end up with 8 boxes of Abena at the same time as 2 boxes of Megamax, plus pull ups and bed mats, I stack them all in my usual place, and it ends up being pretty precarious and the stacks are taller than my head.

Reactions: Edgewater
always have a large stock of diapers at hand. i like having a verity of different diapers based on mood and activity. we purchase a case at a time sometimes two cases just to keep the stock up. however if a new diaper comes out we tend to purchase them to try them out.

Reactions: Teddy02, Edgewater and EcoIncon
I usually buy twice a year. Black Friday shockingly has great deals. 4th of July or memorial day also seem to be pretty good. I use a BetteryDry diaper at night for the most part so I buy 3 or 4 cases (180-240). Day diapers I buy whatever is cheap. Since I use cloth except when I'm traveling (I do quite a lot of that, I'll only buy 300 or so day diapers (usually about 3 cases). So 6 or 7 cases at a time.

I fill in with the ad-hoc purchase at the drug store if needed but that usually only happens if I don't pack enough diapers for a trip.

I don't have to buy due to absolute need (can get by with a pad) but I sometimes wear diapers for convenience.

I have the space to store a lot of them and I generally like to explore a brand by buying a mixed case of their styles to take advantage of the lower price per pack.

Since I don't wear diapers every single day and night, I always have several packs on hand.

greatlake5 said:
I have a closet (fairly large) next to my bedroom. I have probably 8 cases of Confidry 24/7 (yeah, I still have them since they stopped producing them)
and about 10 cases of Abena (plastic-back). I also have a half dozen Ecoable diapers and a couple of dozen plastic pants that I keep them into my bedroom chest. If I start to get low I ordered some new ones. My cleaning lady puts them in my closet (she's helpful).
Is it just me, or did ConfiDry 24/7 go down in quality in the end? I can't be sure, because I used them years ago when I was only bedwetting, so I never actually used them during the day back then. But they seemed like they could hold so much more and maybe were even a bit thicker.

When I tried them after my daytime IC issues started, they seemed much worse. Maybe they were always the same, though. I wasn't nearly as experienced with diapers back then.

I'm in cloth diapers most of the time, so I usually only restock disposable diapers 1-2 times per year. The megamax is the only disposable diaper I use. When my FSA card reloads in January I'll buy 4 case once there's a sale. Then the same thing in fall if needed.

Cloth diapers get restocked though out the year. I wear thread armor during the day, and prefolds at night. I usually get a new set of each type of cloth diaper, pins, and pants into my rotation every 3 months or so.

I also make my own cloth diaper boosters out of terry diaper cloth. I love the thread armor shells, but I prefer terry over the microfiber they use. Plus I can make an 8-12 layer insert that preforms so much better than the thread armor inserts.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoIncon and Edgewater
each restock is 240 Abena L4 (plastic version)
Every 60 days + - a day or 2
Goes through insurance.
but I also have some extra in storage

I am on NorthShore's auto reorder system buying at two the two case level for MEGAMAX and will add additional items when they notice me of an upcoming shipment. I commonly have a case of disposables (40 diapers) on-hand at any given time!

MEGAMAX is for overnight use as I am wearing cloth, pre-folded, daytime weight diaper during the daytime. Being retired and having long experience with cloth diapers helps in understanding the complexities of cloth diaper use and care.

Reactions: EcoIncon, newt and SparkyDog
newt said:
Is it just me, or did ConfiDry 24/7 go down in quality in the end? I can't be sure, because I used them years ago when I was only bedwetting, so I never actually used them during the day back then. But they seemed like they could hold so much more and maybe were even a bit thicker.

When I tried them after my daytime IC issues started, they seemed much worse. Maybe they were always the same, though. I wasn't nearly as experienced with diapers back then.
I do belive they were better when they were made in Israel. Then the factory went bankrupt and they moved production to the USA. That was in 2009 or so IIRC. The thickness did not change but the gel used in them was never quite as good after that and the plastic backing got so noisy that I stooped using them.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and newt
Jellyfish said:
I do belive they were better when they were made in Israel. Then the factory went bankrupt and they moved production to the USA. That was in 2009 or so IIRC. The thickness did not change but the gel used in them was never quite as good after that and the plastic backing got so noisy that I stooped using them.
That makes a LOT of sense. And also the part about the noise. I just figured the noise part was in my head since I wasn't as worried about noise when it was bedwetting, but they sounded SO LOUD when I bought a case of them a few years ago. Switched to Seni Super Quattro before I finished the first bag.

In Sweden, we have the opportunity to get diapers for free through the healthcare system, but there are many tests along the way before you get that opportunity.
Once you get it, it's cloth that counts, not plastic-back

I have chosen to get a box (72pcs) of cloth (fore free) once a month with Tena slip Maxi, which is sent to my delivery point for packages, which in Sweden is a regular grocery store.

Yes you can delivery to the home adress, the negative point is that you must be home. If you miss it, you must go to regular grocery store to get packages out, so it´s bether to get delivery directly to grocery store.

I have also chosen to pay a subscription every month with Tena slip Maxi active fit (plastic-back) two boxes (144 pcs).
This is because they are much better when you have more severe periods with incontinence.

In Sweden you can`t buy adult diaper in regular grocery store, just for children. So you must buy from internet store or get it free from the healthcare.

• Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon, SparkyDog and Edgewater
Elving said:
In Sweden, we have the opportunity to get diapers for free through the healthcare system, but there are many tests along the way before you get that opportunity.
Once you get it, it's cloth that counts, not plastic-back

I have chosen to get a box (72pcs) of cloth (fore free) once a month with Tena slip Maxi, which is sent to my delivery point for packages, which in Sweden is a regular grocery store.

Yes you can delivery to the home adress, the negative point is that you must be home. If you miss it, you must go to regular grocery store to get packages out, so it´s bether to get delivery directly to grocery store.

I have also chosen to pay a subscription every month with Tena slip Maxi active fit (plastic-back) two boxes (144 pcs).
This is because they are much better when you have more severe periods with incontinence.

In Sweden you can`t buy adult diaper in regular grocery store, just for children. So you must buy from internet store or get it free from the healthcare.
We do get them on NHS here in UK but most trusts buy poor quality nappies ,
We can get them is som e supermarkets , pharmacy’s or online

NappiedTruckDriver said:
We do get them on NHS here in UK but most trusts buy poor quality nappies ,
We can get them is som e supermarkets , pharmacy’s or o
We used to be able to get them from the pharmacy, but not anymore

Back