Names of USA Manufacturers of Adult Diapers for Night /Extended Use!

At the moment, I am pushing MegaMax and holding off on confusing them with another NorthShore product.
I was planning on calling Adam at NS today, but I felt that tomorrow would be a better day.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I think the Supremes were discontinued in favor of MegaMax AirLock

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Sorry MegaMax AirLock Lites

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
rothpirate said:
Nateen combi maxi are made in Florida, very absorbent, very tall leak guards, good rear waistband, good tapes. Wear pul pants over them as they are breathable and tend to sweat.
Tried them and they fall apart too easy, too bad as they are super soft and comfortable but the tapes are too close to each other and rip easy

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Llayden said:
I'm surprised that either of you are getting anything from the VA. I can't even get them to switch my region to where I live. To see anyone, if something were to arise, I need to drive three hours away at a minimum. I've been trying for years to get healthcare from them closer to home.
I'm surprised myself but I guess there had to be one benefit to living near Wilkes-Barre, Pa! I mean, this isn't exactly the greatest place on earth but we do have a top notch VA. I'm actually tiring of too many appointments (more than 50 last year!) as I can't seem to go a damn week without having to be there for one reason or another. I guess I shouldn't complain though as I've heard the exact opposite from quite a few people.

Kirk

Yes, call adam at northshore.

If they have ANY megamax made in the USA, he can/could get thos to your VA Nazi procurement officer. Even if there is a small additional charge for the USA only mfg ones it should satisfy the US made deal for you.

I hope Adam can make that happen or something, and i'm glad to hear they are working towards mving out of china, everyone needs to start to do that sooner than later.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, CptKirk and 1 other person
Bigbabybret said:
Yes, call adam at northshore.

If they have ANY megamax made in the USA, he can/could get thos to your VA Nazi procurement officer. Even if there is a small additional charge for the USA only mfg ones it should satisfy the US made deal for you.

I hope Adam can make that happen or something, and i'm glad to hear they are working towards mving out of china, everyone needs to start to do that sooner than later.
Personally I like the idea that if the US Government is going to pay for products, they have to be US made. Granted, with so much of industry moving offshore, this does limit options, but in principle, it's a sound idea.

Yes, getting out of China is a good plan. Their economy is not as stable as they'd like us to believe, plus there's no sense in enriching a nation that resents our existence. 🙄

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Bigbabybret and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
Good thought; those are excellent, US made IIRC, and should be up to the task, but might benefit from a US made booster.
Last I checked the NS Supremes were being sourced from ontex in Europe. Many similarities between the Supremes and Id Slips.

Dry 24/7 would be the slam dunk winner here if they stayed in business. Tranquility products, in my opinion, are nowhere near good enough for overnight use.

I too would rather buy US and European.

At least you’re buying from free countries!

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, CptKirk and 1 other person
PCS said:
I too would rather buy US and European.

At least you’re buying from free countries!
"Free countries" is somewhat open to interpretation, but I understand your meaning.

There are Asian countries that like us, too, and are also relatively free. India, for example, who is that and also is a US ally. Japan, also. Taiwan is relatively free, and a great little country with which we've had an unofficial alliance for much of its existence. Thailand and the Philippines don't have great governments, but they're far preferable to China. Many US businesses are looking to these nations now, as well as Singapore, Mexico, and some of Latin America, to get away from China. There are many good options, all of which are arguably better than China, morally.

Unfortunately, China cleverly postured themselves to be the low cost manufacturer of (economic) choice, with excellent infrastructure and facilities, and much of the world took the bait and gave them an economic stranglehold on manufacturing. In some ways, efforts to break that stranglehold are too little, too late, but anything is better than nothing, and I support it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale and Edgewater
Lecktroman said:
Tried them and they fall apart too easy, too bad as they are super soft and comfortable but the tapes are too close to each other and rip easy
I wouldn’t wear these around full if I was active, but for sitting around or overnight I thought they were fine.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
rothpirate said:
I wouldn’t wear these around full if I was active, but for sitting around or overnight I thought they were fine.
I wonder if these are the same as the Presto diapers I got from llmedico. They sure sound the same.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
They say nateen right on them, the presto are garbage

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
PadPhilosopher said:
"Free countries" is somewhat open to interpretation, but I understand your meaning.

There are Asian countries that like us, too, and are also relatively free. India, for example, who is that and also is a US ally. Japan, also. Taiwan is relatively free, and a great little country with which we've had an unofficial alliance for much of its existence. Thailand and the Philippines don't have great governments, but they're far preferable to China. Many US businesses are looking to these nations now, as well as Singapore, Mexico, and some of Latin America, to get away from China. There are many good options, all of which are arguably better than China, morally.
Totally agree. Would prefer to buy from those countries too than stuff made in China.

I'm kinda surprised Northshore or someone else hasn't bought the old Confidry production facility in New York and started producing diapers there, that was supposed to be a state of the art machine and is only about 10 years old

KenworthW900b said:
I'm kinda surprised Northshore or someone else hasn't bought the old Confidry production facility in New York and started producing diapers there, that was supposed to be a state of the art machine and is only about 10 years old
Probably because New York. It's just a lousy place to do business.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, ltaluv, Edgewater and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
Probably because New York. It's just a lousy place to do business.
Yep, come to think of it you are probably right!

PadPhilosopher said:
Personally I like the idea that if the US Government is going to pay for products, they have to be US made. Granted, with so much of industry moving offshore, this does limit options, but in principle, it's a sound idea.

Yes, getting out of China is a good plan. Their economy is not as stable as they'd like us to believe, plus there's no sense in enriching a nation that resents our existence. 🙄
Yeah i have no problem in theory to buy US first, but to stop a vet from getting the products that work for his IC is a bit too much IMHO.

Yes, i think we need to make much more things here in the USA and we should have never started buying everything overseas like we do, Give other countries power over our country.

And yes the China economy is not stable and i also am opposed to the general way the country is ruled and run.

We need to move manufacturing back here to the USA and keep it here, shipping is expensive on the environment and also costly in other ways and not getting any better year by year. Give the current climate in the world things are not as stable as most people think, but that is enough politics.

My issue with the policy is simply in the fact that it is keeping someone from getting the resources they need to deal with medical issues, and as we all know, Other than the possibility of North shore having some made here in the the USA, there is not anything made here that can do what needs to be done for IC people to be self sufficent and not need to change every hour.

I've been bedwetter forever and been through lots of brands in the 50+ years.

There are plenty of options, but they are not made in the US, either asia or europe are the options available.

Here is to hoping that Northshore can get US based production going or has started getting that going, be a great day thing.

• Love
Attends premier are good.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Back