Mostly diapers

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well as I said bit the DIAPER bullet. I normally just wear pullups but due to worsening incontinence here I sit in a diaper. And will just wear diapers most of the time now . I've had several times I was praying my pullups didn't leak. So instead of risking wet pants and a puddle under me I will wear a diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002, sport1 and 3 others
You will be fine! The hardest part is accepting the need but it is better as the alternative. Those who understand and support you are your real friends .. those who criticize or not support you are not friends, they are nothing but acquaintances and will not have a need to know or explained why.
Good luck!

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
Agree the way I look at it it's a medical disorder just like anything else

Reactions: Diprs2, Elhon and abtartan
It's all just underwear.

Even if I wasn't particularly happy with the idea of wearing a diaper, it still beats a wet bed any time.

Reactions: Diprs2 and NappiedTruckDriver
Bearcatz said:
It's all just underwear.

Even if I wasn't particularly happy with the idea of wearing a diaper, it still beats a wet bed any time.
Right definitely is better than standing in a puddle in the middle of Walmart lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and Bearcatz
Twinmom said:
Right definitely is better than standing in a puddle in the middle of Walmart lol
Oh gosh, Walmart.

About a month ago that was the site of a near disaster for me too. Luckily, it was out in the parking lot.

Reactions: Diprs2
Twinmom said:
Well as I said bit the DIAPER bullet. I normally just wear pullups but due to worsening incontinence here I sit in a diaper. And will just wear diapers most of the time now . I've had several times I was praying my pullups didn't leak. So instead of risking wet pants and a puddle under me I will wear a diaper.
Hey you’ve done the right thing bud, it’s hard, but for the best. Take care

I've totally been through this and really wish I'd accepted diapers sooner. You'll be fine! In SO many ways it actually gets easier. Pull-ups are hard. It took another year or so after I started wearing diapers to use onesies with them, and now it's like they go together. I really recommend using onesies. They basically stopped leaks and sag, and they make everything so much more comfortable just because you quickly stop noticing the diaper when it's always held against you.

Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and NotTheAverageMan
You’ll also find it easier to change a diaper compared to a pull-up. Pullups can be a pain to change as you need to take off your clothes and shoes in order to change a pull-up.

virginiadiaper said:
You’ll also find it easier to change a diaper compared to a pull-up. Pullups can be a pain to change as you need to take off your clothes and shoes in order to change a pull-up.
That's my main reason for getting tape-on diapers - I can change it without taking my pants off.

oldpppants said:
That's my main reason for getting tape-on diapers - I can change it without taking my pants off.
Same here I wear shorts and PUL pants under them over nappy , so it’s undo belt drop shorts pull down pants undo tapes off with wet nappy , quick wipe round , and reverse order with clean nappy to start

Reactions: Diprs2 and oldpppants
Went to church today the first time in a diaper. Was actually eaiser cause I didn't have to worry about leaks. Now I'm sitting at home in just a t-shirt and diaper. A kinda wet diaper too lol

Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and craigd1341
abtartan said:
You will be fine! The hardest part is accepting the need but it is better as the alternative. Those who understand and support you are your real friends .. those who criticize or not support you are not friends, they are nothing but acquaintances and will not have a need to know or explained why.
Good luck!
I took a long time to adjust to diapers pull ups was a easy way to seem normal as it progressed diapers were the only choice.

We'll have changed my monthly incontinence order from all pullups to all diapers

Reactions: Diprs2, craigd1341, Dinotopian2002 and 1 other person
Twinmom said:
We'll have changed my monthly incontinence order from all pullups to all diapers

Just be careful about skin health and air out several hours each day. You probably know this. I find a range of products helps to adapt to changing conditions. - no pun intended.

Gardening or relaxing outside the home doesn’t necessarily require full protection. An absorbent underwear adds more breathability and flexibility whilst home.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
Or use breathable diapers mostly, that will help keep your skin in an ok shape. Downside is they don’t contain smell as good as plastic backed diapers.

I've never liked pullups and struggled with accidents for a while before my wife finally said to "just wear a diaper and get on with your life." It's what I needed to hear and once I accepted that, it took away so much stress and worry, and I was able to get back to the business of living.

Back