most eco friendly disposable diapers available?

PaddedWife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
like the title says whats the most eco friendly adult diapers out there?

Hmmm it's hard to say... It would probably take a lot of research to figure that out. But for the most part I would say stay away from plastic backs. The absorbency part of diapers is wood pulp so you wouldn't have to worry about that part.

PaddedWife said:
like the title says whats the most eco friendly adult diapers out there?
Nothing fun if there's a brand!
Naty still aren't providing an adult size to the UK!!!!!!!!!!
-
GISW

Last edited:
GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
Nothing fun if there's a brand!
Naty still aren't providing an adult size to the UK!!!!!!!!!!
-
GISW
?

Reactions: Oshjay2
No such thing honestly. Even a cloth backed diaper is composed of materials that do not biodegrade very easily. Clothbacked diapers still have a waterproof polypropylene layer, just like plastic backed diapers.

Actual cloth diapers aren't eco friendly either when you consider the amount of heat, water and detergent you need to properly clean them.

IF you could make a disposable, it would have to be with cellulose products. The hitch is making a waterproof cellulose liner will only start to degrade after 24 hours after being exposed to a liquid. All the adhesives would have to be organic as well and perform in the same manner. It's possible, however cost is the barrier at the moment.

---your friendly neighborhood Environmental Scientist

I luv plastic back diapers.and the Lord made this planet for us to live.for one I think man kind is to small and miniscule to hurt this planet.and second all this recycling crap is a scam, it's all about making money . and recycling actually causes more pollution real quick just say usa before recycling had ten million garbage trucks running daily now with recycling you have extra bags or dumpsters so instead of ten million trunks now you need 20 million trunks per day

Grinding up plastic uses energy and lots of clean water and a lot of the recyclable stuff doesn't get recycled but tax's pay extra anyways .so I'll continue to love đź’• my plastic back diapers and not feel bad about that

Back