Most cost effective cloth diapers?

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have a dependeco i like reasonably well, but only have one and would like to branch out a bit.
I cloth diapered my actual children so I have a decent understanding of different styles and the like

While I've not tried dependecos I've used a bunch of other pocket diapers, Bumgenius and Applecheeks are two companies which both have some larger sizes.

Its funny how when "cloth diapers" are brought up here, most everyone thinks of prefolds and plastic pants but most parents use a different system now. Kudos to you for branching out!

Besides the pocket style you might consider pul covers with snaps and inserts which are a lot simpler imo. I like the natural fabric for inserts like organic cotton, bamboo and hemp. These can be so versatile I recommend them highly.
I dont like microfiber or zorb too much, its synthetic and while cheap, just not that good.

If you don't mind folding, flats can work well and dry quickly. I like bamboo terry ones or muslin that can be snappied or just pad folded in a cover. Their advantage is drying fast and customizable fit and absorbency.
Ctdc imports some great Indian style prefolds which can be trifolded and a good pul cover holds them in place well.

Essentially I like to use authentic baby diapering materials simply because they're effective and long lasting.
Most imported items on eBay are low quality and I'd avoid them. Instead once you decide what you'd like to try Etsy can be a good place to get things as well as the mainstream cloth diaper suppliers.

I can give you specific suppliers to look at if any of these sound interesting.

Last edited:
drawer said:
While I've not tried dependecos I've used a bunch of other pocket diapers, Bumgenius and Applecheeks are two companies which both have some larger sizes.

Its funny how when "cloth diapers" are brought up here, most everyone thinks of prefolds and plastic pants but most parents use a different system now. Kudos to you for branching out!

Besides the pocket style you might consider pul covers with snaps and inserts which are a lot simpler imo. I like the natural fabric for inserts like organic cotton, bamboo and hemp. These can be so versatile I recommend them highly.
I dont like microfiber or zorb too much, its synthetic and while cheap, just not that good.

If you don't mind folding, flats can work well and dry quickly. I like bamboo terry ones or muslin that can be snappied or just pad folded in a cover. Their advantage is drying fast and customizable fit and absorbency.
Ctdc imports some great Indian style prefolds which can be trifolded and a good pul cover holds them in place well.

Essentially I like to use authentic baby diapering materials simply because they're effective and long lasting.
Most imported items on eBay are low quality and I'd avoid them. Instead once you decide what you'd like to try Etsy can be a good place to get things as well as the mainstream cloth diaper suppliers.

I can give you specific suppliers to look at if any of these sound interesting.
I'm familiar with Bumgenius and applecheecks but didn't realize either carried an extended line. It is like I know what I am looking for but not whee to look at haha

So the Bumgenius are called "Bigger" and the AC's are called "Universal size 4" and like you GlitteredArtist,
I knew just what I was looking for too and I can recommend both Little Onion sewing and Allthestarcombined Etsy shops as being helpful.
In my case I've gotten pul snap covers in solids and prints, Bamboo, Hemp and Zorb inserts in different sizes and designs. All the best materials and shapes and designed just like what's available for kids these days.

F839C4DB-E854-469D-A719-CBA695276617.jpegF839C4DB-E854-469D-A719-CBA695276617.jpegA9FED182-C442-4AA3-AD91-3CE7B3710705.jpegA9FED182-C442-4AA3-AD91-3CE7B3710705.jpegB67928AB-95BE-4493-828B-590B0B6F7822.jpegB67928AB-95BE-4493-828B-590B0B6F7822.jpegView attachment 36838F839C4DB-E854-469D-A719-CBA695276617.jpegA9FED182-C442-4AA3-AD91-3CE7B3710705.jpegB67928AB-95BE-4493-828B-590B0B6F7822.jpeg

Last edited:
Back