Morning BM's. What's your routine.

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I supposed I should be thankful that almost all of my BM's happen in the morning. If it's not in the morning then it's probably when I was sleeping. Either way, both are better than having one latter in the day. I'm a teacher (and a guidance counselor) so having a BM while working would be a minor disaster. To be honest I've only had a few ones while working. I would think that most of my morning BM's are a result of routine, diet and exercise. If I have an accident later in the day it's because I changed my routine or perhaps I ate something I'm not used to.

Usually I awaken in bed (rarely use my alarm clock), I feel it start before I even get up. I don't even get a chance to get out of bed. Sometimes when I awaken I've already had a BM while sleeping. But if I haven't had one from sleeping it's a certainty I'll have one in the first half hour. When I'm still in bed and feel the urge, I try to lay on my back (I'm a side sleeper) and raise my knees. That simply makes it more comfortable. I don't really push. It just slides into my diaper by itself. If for some reason it hasn't happened yet, I'll lift my knees up to my chest and help to push it out. I have to note that my BM's have a "normal" consistency. My diet always include healthy food and extra fiber supplement. So when there is a BM, I rarely have loose or hard stool. I'm somewhere between soft, semi-soft or firm. F-IC is hard enough. But when I have one at least I don't struggle or suffer. Sometimes I still haven't had one yet, I go to the kitchen and make some coffee. By then it surely would. After breakfast I go to the bathroom, drop the dirty diaper, a quick wipes and into the shower. I'll still have some time before I dress so I sit on my computer on a waterproof pad and read emails and news, airing out my skin. After that I put on my diaper and clothes. Bingo, time for work. I'm good for the rest of the day.

I know that everyone has their own routine. Some of them have BM's all over the place. What do you do for your routine? Is your diet fairly steady or do you eat what ever you want? Are you fairly regular? Can you always count of normal timing each day? F-IC can really be a struggle. At least it's for me. But I've done everything I can to make it easier. And of course it can be managed.

Reactions: Lethdale and PadPhilosopher
I'm not, but I appreciate your perspective that management of FIC ought to be more than just playing catch. By working with your body, you make things much more predictable, and greatly reduce the disruption and discomfort the condition causes you. I'm sure others can learn from this, so thank you for sharing it!

Reactions: Lethdale and CrossfireHurricane
CrossfireHurricane said:
I supposed I should be thankful that almost all of my BM's happen in the morning. If it's not in the morning then it's probably when I was sleeping. Either way, both are better than having one latter in the day. I'm a teacher (and a guidance counselor) so having a BM while working would be a minor disaster. To be honest I've only had a few ones while working. I would think that most of my morning BM's are a result of routine, diet and exercise. If I have an accident later in the day it's because I changed my routine or perhaps I ate something I'm not used to.

Usually I awaken in bed (rarely use my alarm clock), I feel it start before I even get up. I don't even get a chance to get out of bed. Sometimes when I awaken I've already had a BM while sleeping. But if I haven't had one from sleeping it's a certainty I'll have one in the first half hour. When I'm still in bed and feel the urge, I try to lay on my back (I'm a side sleeper) and raise my knees. That simply makes it more comfortable. I don't really push. It just slides into my diaper by itself. If for some reason it hasn't happened yet, I'll lift my knees up to my chest and help to push it out. I have to note that my BM's have a "normal" consistency. My diet always include healthy food and extra fiber supplement. So when there is a BM, I rarely have loose or hard stool. I'm somewhere between soft, semi-soft or firm. F-IC is hard enough. But when I have one at least I don't struggle or suffer. Sometimes I still haven't had one yet, I go to the kitchen and make some coffee. By then it surely would. After breakfast I go to the bathroom, drop the dirty diaper, a quick wipes and into the shower. I'll still have some time before I dress so I sit on my computer on a waterproof pad and read emails and news, airing out my skin. After that I put on my diaper and clothes. Bingo, time for work. I'm good for the rest of the day.

I know that everyone has their own routine. Some of them have BM's all over the place. What do you do for your routine? Is your diet fairly steady or do you eat what ever you want? Are you fairly regular? Can you always count of normal timing each day? F-IC can really be a struggle. At least it's for me. But I've done everything I can to make it easier. And of course it can be managed.
I feel for you, I’m similar, I don’t need an alarm clock I pretty much beat it every day. I have IBD and colitis, my arse Is like a tap, it’s horrible, good thing Is, nothing I eat makes it better or worse, I do lerrrrve hot food, love a good really hot curry🥵

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back