More prostate issues...

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So this is now the 3rd time in a year that I'm dealing with a bout of prostatitis. I've never had incontience issues but this current infection, I've noticed that if I get the urge to urinate, I NEED to get to a toilet ASAP because I cannot hold it. I'm due for an MRI to see if there is some sort of cyst in the prostate as an ultrasound picked "something" up.

Anyways, the my urologist mentioned that they could just go in surgically and drain the cyst. I made the mistake of looking up that procedure online and from what I've read, they don't put you under for that procedure, they just use local anesthetic. Now coming from someone who was taken advantage of as a kid, being awake for something like seems terrifying.

Has anyone here had this done?

I know when they scooped out part of my prostate, they gave me a spinal. I didn't feel anything down there for about 3 hours, nor my legs lol.

I dealing with prostate issues too and it's sucks

Same here, although I really enjoy the mild leaking and occasional accidents I also know it's not happening for no reason :(

Quartz, If you ask the doctor to knock you out for the procedure, s/he would probably agree to do so.

Depends from hospital to heath insurance.
I always got put to sleep for every surgery.

Back